Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It's probably good for another half a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

PsychoPete wrote: »
    It's probably good for another half a million
    Probably. :cool:

Showed it to a friend and he commented "nicely run in so" :D

Top Dog wrote: »
    Probably. :cool:

Showed it to a friend and he commented "nicely run in so" :D

Amazing how long a car can last if you look after it especially that modern cars are just disposable items now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,622 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is going to appear like an incredibly stupid question, but what would the running costs be for a non-commercial driver, like myself?
    Tax, mpg and so on?
    It's a beautiful machine, to be sure.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This is going to appear like an incredibly stupid question, but what would the running costs be for a non-commercial driver, like myself?
    Tax, mpg and so on?
    It's a beautiful machine, to be sure.
    Tax (private on cc) is €1809
    Mpg low 20s
    Insurance could be anything given its over 15 years old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That’s VERY cheap! I’ve seen them with price tags over 25k.

That’s VERY cheap! I’ve seen them with price tags over 25k.
    It's not really - probably about right for that mileage in the Irish market. I've seen a few lately, a year or two newer, with about half the km done in the region of 10k. There was a beautiful 2004 Australian import about 4 weeks ago sold from a dealer for 12k. Low km, a few subtle and tasteful mods done.

For 25k you'd be talking minty fresh immaculate examples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

People and their Toyota's.....mad money they make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/chrysler-cherokee-4x4-jeep-only-68-k-miles-/26138797

Nzc0MjM3ZjhlZTkxNGY2ZjhiMmZiZTdjNTBiNzY5YjCJwpSBnddO1QnGMdKCNutxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgyMTc5OTh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is rare. These used to be pretty common if I remember correctly.

No idea what they're like, but it looks class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What's needed to retain the €333 tax? I'm not interested in it just genuinely curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Never mind googled it and involves a trip to Garda station with proof etc...

MWZkNmY1ZGU5MTIxYTZkNmM4ODU4ZTRjZGU4NWQ3NjX-5IPxypdOcLB7j9Z3_v_2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgyMTgwMDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    Why, just why, would you put a piddly little plate in the huge recess that would happily accommodate a regular plate? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MWZkNmY1ZGU5MTIxYTZkNmM4ODU4ZTRjZGU4NWQ3NjX-5IPxypdOcLB7j9Z3_v_2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgyMTgwMDF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg
    Why, just why, would you put a piddly little plate in the huge recess that would happily accommodate a regular plate? :rolleyes:

And then you have screw holes either side.

Looks more American?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i40-1-8-petrol/25838669

N2Y1NjQ4NDBmN2MzOGViZTkyZWFkNDg5N2IyYWUyZTma1PswAxXDjb88nVm8TmwuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU1NDcwMzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

YzZmMGUxZTk2M2RmMGVhMWQ4NThjNWNiZGYxYzE5ZjYi0pnXRS4QdAUIc_0h-8LLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTU1NDcwNDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

This is an odd yoke. Presumably from Australia.

Is it just me or are the proportions a bit smaller than an i40?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Definitely looks smaller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That is an Elantra rather than an i40. It's got more in common with the second generation i30 than the i40 we get here. Why you would want to bring it back from Australia with you is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

colm_mcm wrote: »
    And then you have screw holes either side.

Looks more American?

The odd thing about the tailgate is that the US models have that same one, obviously aimed at Euro-style rectangular plates.

They are a great old thing to modify for off roading, though they dont need much. Last of the old school jeeps, better on the road than a defender. Very agricultural to drive - ya need to be a fan.
    I'd love one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

The odd thing about the tailgate is that the US models have that same one, obviously aimed at Euro-style rectangular plates.

They are a great old thing to modify for off roading, though they dont need much. Last of the old school jeeps, better on the road than a defender. Very agricultural to drive - ya need to be a fan.
    I'd love one.

I fitted one with a rear locking diff a few years ago, 3"lift kit. a propper one from the US, the thing would climb anything due to it's weight! Have a few picks of it here somewhere, if i find them i'll stick them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Irishder

Thinking about going for a look at this today, what are peoples thoughts? Anything to look out for?

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/price-drop-kia-optima-sportswagon-1-7-crdi-/25855995

Thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Irishder wrote: »
    Thinking about going for a look at this today, what are peoples thoughts? Anything to look out for?

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/price-drop-kia-optima-sportswagon-1-7-crdi-/25855995

Thanks,

I was looking at a few of these a few months back for the Mrs, very comfy & absolutely gigantic inside. Couldn't find any known faults, they appear to be pretty bullet proof & the warranty is comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There are well documented issues with gearboxes and clutches with the Kia and Hyundai 1.7 manual cars.
    Kia have a great warranty but they are not generous or efficient in implementing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

BMW G30 520D for €23k. Mileage is a bit high and it’s not Msport but it can be a good family car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-520d-se-auto-new-model-high-spec-sat/25936137

Hard to believe that model is nearly 4 years old already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

SummerK wrote: »
    BMW G30 520D for €23k. Mileage is a bit high and it’s not Msport but it can be a good family car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-5-series-520d-se-auto-new-model-high-spec-sat/25936137

They really don't look right on 17's, pretty much paddy spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-mx-5-1-6i-convertible-original-irish-car/26153625

ZmVkODdmMjg2MzVhYzZiZTY0NGYwYTVkMGQ4YzMzYzghPAjwZbzPEe0Gt72m9V6UaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgzNTk1MjF8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

I have been looking these up a lot lately. It's nice and it appears to be pristine! But 13k???

Don't think I've seen this one on here before. TWIN 3.0 V6 engines :eek::eek::eek:

OWE5MGEzMWZiMTQ5Yzk0YTc4ZmRhNWJjYjEzYjIxOTNyYgkma5DJJzFoDXgNimHuaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDk5MTYyMTd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

YjBjZGE4YTc5NjFjOTNjMmRmYWMzNDNlYWY1ZmRiMmEmK45mSnKOnT3ESGEpEcOcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDk5MTYyMjB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

ZGY0ZmJiNmY2MTc3YzFjMGMzZjlmZDhjZDZiM2Q3ZjOpa2YgDI5q14M4KhxJBrKkaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDk5MTYyMjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/modifiedcars-for-sale/citreon-c2-twin-v6-yes-twin-v6-front-rear-px/25194060

Wouldn't you love to rock up to an NCT center in this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thats amazing.

I love seeing projects like that.

I love the idea that somebody woke up one day and said "You know what would be deadly, a tiny French car with two 3 litre V6 engines in it".

And then they went out and actually built the thing.

Quality.

Tzardine wrote: »
    Thats amazing.

I love seeing projects like that.

I love the idea that somebody woke up one day and said "You know what would be deadly, a tiny French car with two 3 litre V6 engines in it".

And then they went out and actually built the thing.

Quality.

Went to Gatebil a few years ago, I seen a Toyota Starlet with I think two Celica engines in it something like 1000hp. People are mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Sepulchre you love to rock up to an NCT center in this :pac:

It actually has an MOT :eek:

I thought it was just a track weapon.

• Advertisement

Tzardine wrote: »
    It actually has an MOT :eek:

I thought it was just a track weapon.
    Yup, road legal. In the UK anyway.

Advertisement