Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Leaving cert is overrated. I left school at 15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I’m guessing Robbie didn’t do honours English in his leaving certificate 🙈

“ This is triple 8s competition car car is very clean a chip on the front bumper is all there is no marks or dents spotless clean car tested till October next year mite part exchange but will be higher no dirtboxes dont even bother ringing or texting if ur part exchanging a dirtbox i no what im looking at would rather a jdm car as part exchanging but open to offers”

🙈
    Funny that... It was won by a fella called Nicky :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I’m guessing Robbie didn’t do honours English in his leaving certificate ��
    You would have to wonder if any of the vast majority of the sellers on Donedeal done English at post primary school level. I'll be the first to admit my own written English is not always perfect but the appalling grammar and punctuation on Donedeal brings it away down to a whole new level.

Car looks very tarted up to me, I don't like them too tarted up. So is it a "2 litre on da book" as they say? Oddly Motorcheck is showing it as a Toyota Celsior 4.3 but is showing engine CC as 1997.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

You would have to wonder if any of the vast majority of the sellers on Donedeal done English at post primary school level. I'll be the first to admit my own written English is not always perfect but the appalling grammar and punctuation on Donedeal brings it away down to a whole new level.

Car looks very tarted up to me, I don't like them too tarted up. So is it a "2 litre on da book" as they say? Oddly Motorcheck is showing it as a Toyota Celsior 4.3 but is showing engine CC as 1997.
    I'd hazard a guess at an IS200 engine number being given or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/maserati-f1-quattroporte/26085283

MzMxZmEyMzI1YTVhYzU4YWM1NTA5NjdkZWU3ZTViMWEugPfvhQ7CXiElYhV0CmETaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTc3NTg0MDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Fresh test and a fiver change from €10k

A lot of car for the money

The gear lever though :-o

I remember Clarkson or someone on Top Gear.... making fun of it.

Lovely looking car .... But as others have mentioned....repair bills would keep you awake at night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I have no connection to this car. I saw this on one of the private Facebook groups and thought it was too good not to post. Jap Corolla for €1500. Unsure of tax and nct. Few months to vintage. You can’t lose money. PM if you want the link.

9-C90823-D-56-C4-4742-B6-C4-69-ACB8-E694-B8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That’s the job!

Must resist.

Must resist.

Must resist.

Classic in a few months. Has to be worth €3k.
    Has to be a catch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Classic in a few months. Has to be worth €3k.
    Has to be a catch?

Price without the wheels and engine maybe. There similar stuff up for 5k these days.

• Advertisement

I caved in and messaged him. I need to know the story now. If it is indeed €1500 I’ll use my last day of freedom to go and get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

I caved in and messaged him. I need to know the story now. If it is indeed €1500 I’ll use my last day of freedom to go and get that.

Haha.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/swap-or-px-for-campervan-nissan-bluebird/26274082

When you see the price of the likes of this, it's very cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

On a side note. I wonder are the distant photos of the Bluebird intentional? My father had one of those from new and after only 2 years two doors were rotting in rust, just below the window frames. Nissan replaced the doors under warranty but about a year and a half later rust was starting to bubble up again in the same spot. I learnt to drive in that Bluebird but the engine wouldn't pull the skin off a sausage, it was chronically slow even for the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I have no connection to this car. I saw this on one of the private Facebook groups and thought it was too good not to post. Jap Corolla for €1500. Unsure of tax and nct. Few months to vintage. You can’t lose money. PM if you want the link.

9-C90823-D-56-C4-4742-B6-C4-69-ACB8-E694-B8.jpg

Are you sure that’s for sale? Is it not just a post showing off a 1500cc Corolla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are you sure that’s for sale? Is it not just a post showing off a 1500cc Corolla?

It is a 1.5 too. Just checked the reg.

There would be serious egg on my face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

There would be serious egg on my face.

PLOT TWIST: It’s for sale for €90, seller couldn’t find/too lazy to use the Euro character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

A very unexpecting looking 335d in pretty much SE guise. Not mad on the alloys but love it otherwise.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/25915210

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That’s class.

The leather looks awful cheap in all f30 3 series though imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I've actually never being in a leather F30 but does look quite cheap compared to my E90. In saying that if it's being cleaned/dressed with something like pink sheen it will look quite awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The standard leather is actually leatherette and it looks very cheap in that dark colour. Some of the cleaning chemicals used on it give it an even worse cheap shine also. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same stuff used on the dashboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

bazz26 wrote: »
    The standard leather is actually leatherette and it looks very cheap in that dark colour. Some of the cleaning chemicals used on it give it an even worse cheap shine also. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same stuff used on the dashboard.

I thought the leather wasn't cleaned, has that dirty leather shine

There's something very pleasing about that car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I think the SE and Sport trim leather is a different one to the one in the M Sport and M Sport Plus models - it looks and feels a lot different (fake and shiny Vs a more soft touch leather in the M Sport models). Either way that car is something of a sleeper, they are lightening quick compared to a Paddy spec 318/320.

Edit: luxury spec looks awful on these too. Run out models (m sport shadow edition) with blacked out trim look much nicer than the chrome trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Technique

The non m-sport steering wheel is always a deal breaker for me.

I way prefer the interior of my e90 to my old f30. Although I do miss the nice screen with Apple car play... but I’m working on that for my e90, another pointless mod I’ll never get my money back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Is the front bumper off a shade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I way prefer the interior of my e90 to my old f30. Although I do miss the nice screen with Apple car play... but I’m working on that for my e90, another pointless mod I’ll never get my money back on.

I take it you had "egg on your face" with the corolla? I thought you were selling the e90?

Corolla AE85, current bid just a shade over 2k... sounds good but... it's in the Netherlands...on Croatian plates...and it has what looks to be a BMW e34 front...and it's LHD!

Lets watch this one considering a bare non rolling shell will set you back 4k here.

gt.png

https://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/autos/x-193105380.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Corolla AE85, current bid just a shade over 2k... sounds good but... it's in the Netherlands...on Croatian plates...and it has what looks to be a BMW e34 front...and it's LHD!

Lets watch this one considering a bare non rolling shell will set you back 4k here.

https://www.speurders.nl/overzicht/autos/x-193105380.html
    You left out the auto gearbox and towbar ;)

That poor car is crying for someone to take care of it - broken tail lights, faded paint, hideous front end.

Advertisement