Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭LilacNails

bazz26 wrote: »
    That soon to be 12 year old Clio belongs in the dreamers thread.

You can buy a younger bigger Megane for not much more:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-1-5-dci-90-dynamique-5dr/26323827

Big difference in milage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Want a Renault look at the megane or fluence, newer can be got for less then that Clio and same engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LilacNails wrote: »
    Big difference in milage

Low mileage still doesn't mean it's worth that sort of money. It's still a small car approaching 12 years old. Lower mileage doesn't automatically mean it's better. Never understood the idea of sticking diesel engines in small city cars. If your doing long distance driving to warranty a diesel then you need to factor comfort too, small cars are not designed for long commutes, they are by definition city cars which can do occasional long journeys.

Way overpriced

Which is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Which is

Clio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Both seem overpriced to me but then again Golf's always seem overpriced to me for what they are anyway. Even at that the Golf the OP provided link to seems on the more pricey side again of overpriced. It looks clean I must concede but this thing of will be sold with full NCT puts me off for some reason, too messy when most people want to sit into a used car and drive off without a NCT to be wondering (worrying?) about.

Here's another 2008 for €2,800 and NCT until January 2022.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-golf-gt-low-mileage/26260197
    Looks very clean but not mint as the owner says as I see a dent on the sill underneath the offside rear door (mint means as it left the mint (factory for a car) and pretty much no 2008 car out there on the roads is mint despite peoples blatant misuse of the word - good condition yes but not mint). Appreciate your search may be confined to Co. Kerry OP and what I posted is just to make a comparison.

Both seem overpriced to me but then again Golf's always seem overpriced to me for what they are anyway. Even at that the Golf the OP provided link to seems on the more pricey side again of overpriced. It looks clean I must concede but this thing of will be sold with full NCT puts me off for some reason, too messy when most people want to sit into a used car and drive off without a NCT to be wondering (worrying?) about.

Here's another 2008 for €2,800 and NCT until January 2022.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-golf-gt-low-mileage/26260197
    Looks very clean but not mint as the owner says as I see a dent on the sill underneath the offside rear door (mint means as it left the mint (factory for a car) and pretty much no 2008 car out there on the roads is mint despite peoples blatant misuse of the word - good condition yes but not mint). Appreciate your search may be confined to Co. Kerry OP and what I posted is just to make a comparison.

Thanks for ur detailed reply!

I don't understand what u mean by it being sold with a full NCT why would that worry u? NCT was done 2 weeks ago on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Thanks for ur detailed reply!

I don't understand what u mean by it being sold with a full NCT why would that worry u? NCT was done 2 weeks ago on it.
    Your more than welcome! Car is shown in the ad to have NCT to December 2020 and he says in the ad it will be sold with a new NCT.
    If the NCT is out in December 2020 then he can test it now early (you can test up to 3 months in advance of NCT expiry date). Two scenarios;

1. You could make a deal on the basis of it passing the NCT, leave the car with him and wait for it to be tested. Far from ideal if you need a car straight away and the waiting time for tests can be considerable even at this time of year.
    2. You make a deal, drive away and bring it back to him for him to take it for test on the date he books or you take it in - this could get very messy if you have handed over money and a few expensive items are highlighted in the NCT. Your possibly reliant on how honourable the seller is in this scenario.

The above is why I am never keen to see a car out of test or nearly out being sold on the basis of "will be sold with new NCT". I have seen some traders seem to sell pretty much all their cars on this basis.

Your saying the NCT was done two weeks ago on the car though? Maybe you had a separate discussion with the seller but if so he would probably want to update the ad accordingly. Either way I think the car is overpriced though.

Your more than welcome! Car is shown in the ad to have NCT to December 2020 and he says in the ad it will be sold with a new NCT.
    If the NCT is out in December 2020 then he can test it now early (you can test up to 3 months in advance of NCT expiry date). Two scenarios;

1. You could make a deal on the basis of it passing the NCT, leave the car with him and wait for it to be tested. Far from ideal if you need a car straight away and the waiting time for tests can be considerable even at this time of year.
    2. You make a deal, drive away and bring it back to him for him to take it for test on the date he books or you take it in - this could get very messy if you have handed over money and a few expensive items are highlighted in the NCT. Your possibly reliant on how honourable the seller is in this scenario.

The above is why I am never keen to see a car out of test or nearly out being sold on the basis of "will be sold with new NCT". I have seen some traders seem to sell pretty much all their cars on this basis.

Your saying the NCT was done two weeks ago on the car though? Maybe you had a separate discussion with the seller but if so he would probably want to update the ad accordingly. Either way I think the car is overpriced though.

I did inquire about it alright. He said NCT was done n the only thing that failed was a back light which he would replace.

But ur right I wouldn't be gone on a car if the NCT is due so soon.

Doesn't fit the bangernomics thread because it has no NCT.

NDcyMGM1NTc4M2I4N2JiNWRiMGE1ZWNkMGQwMWMyZDE_IFWIk8zdaQsiIjYUcYp-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjEwNTQyODl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a2-sport-only-81k/26382912

Worth a gamble @ €650?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26396644

Something off about it. Dunno if it's the piss poor photos.

Sniper photos, probably rotting in rust up close.

You would think he would have used the iphone he is selling also to take proper photos similar to the photos of the BMW 520D he has for sale too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Sniper photos, probably rotting in rust up close.

You would think he would have used the iphone he is selling also to take proper photos similar to the photos of the BMW 520D he has for sale too.

If the engine does have the honest low mileage it claims I'll take it for my own one. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I hated this model punto. I do quite like this though!

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2012-abarth-punto-evo-scorpione

What are the risks buying a car from a dealer that's imported from the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What are the risks buying a car from a dealer that's imported from the UK?

Could be a write off they bought on the cheap in an auction or fixed up themselves, do a history check, if it turns out it was there could be problems insuring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,083 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Tad overpriced, given the target audience for that will either want a brand new one or a much older one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

kalkat2002 wrote: »

I can't be the only one that hates them.

Max power rear wing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

kalkat2002 wrote: »

Needs moar wing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭theintern

A divisive design to be sure, but I personally love them. They're just silly and fun. Some people like the sleeper look, but I'd be a Type R/Orange Focus RS man myself.

A waste of time advertising a 42k car on adverts.ie. The only views you will get there are from idiots with endless time to spend but no money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

The design is an abomination, it's like something a 12 year old would create in Need for Speed on the Playstation. I was in an older generation model that felt very rigid for Irish roads (serious anxiety around potholes and speed bumps). I don't know if it is geared towards daily driver or a track toy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

A waste of time advertising a 42k car on adverts.ie. The only views you will get there are from idiots with endless time to spend but no money.

Swap for kitchen table, and money my way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

https://www.bolandsclassics.ie/car-details/?2681893/

I would buy that car for the dials alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This is it wrote: »
    Swap for kitchen table, and money my way.

Pics of the table lad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Pics of the table lad?

I’ve a lad will take one of the chairs if this goes through

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Perinho

https://www.bolandsclassics.ie/car-details/?2681893/

I would buy that car for the dials alone.

One savage car!!
    Description is "Millia Millia" (oh dear!).. could they not have done some research!
    It's Mille Miglia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Never mind: Aprilia here, Appia there, Pinnfarina, Pinnin Farina. Must've been a quick copy/paste job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Perinho wrote: »
    One savage car!!
    Description is "Millia Millia" (oh dear!).. could they not have done some research!
    It's Mille Miglia

Mille migle now...improving it!!!

Advertisement