Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Mille migle now...improving it!!!

Eh no :P
    It was correct the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I'd love to own one of them.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26426244

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

theintern wrote: »
    A divisive design to be sure, but I personally love them. They're just silly and fun. Some people like the sleeper look, but I'd be a Type R/Orange Focus RS man myself.

That Type R is shockin though.....and I'd be an orange Focus RS man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lookbmw-525-m-sport-styling-260bhprare/23983790

Jaysus imagine taking this car in and leaving that front splitter on.

Wrong splitter, doesn't fit, looks like a dogs dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Technique

"M Sport Styling"

What a mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Whoever fitted that front splitter should be beating with them

Technique wrote: »
    "M Sport Styling"

What a mess.

It's what happens when you buy an msport splitter for your boggo bumpers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Asking 12k for it too, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

bazz26 wrote: »
    Asking 12k for it too, lol.

12k isn't a bad price for a snow plough though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/lookbmw-525-m-sport-styling-260bhprare/23983790

Jaysus imagine taking this car in and leaving that front splitter on.

Wrong splitter, doesn't fit, looks like a dogs dinner.

How could anyone consider buying a car from them? The absolute state of the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

If they left it alone that would actually be a highly desirable car, BMW with 6 cylinders was already a winning combo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-crown/26449373

MGE2NjM4ZTY5OWQwOTU3ODAzNTZkMDc5YmVjNmI3MDfF1FuGvw80h6Hn0zBwJjA8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjE3MTIzMjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

ZGQ2ZjNjYjY4MTUxZDM4MjZlMWIyYmRkZGNiNmI4YjC2i27Cal9J_s-Z9-nh4z96aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjE3MTIzMjZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

96 Toyota Crown in Ireland since 2002. Lots of resemblance to an LS400 front and back I think

I'd absolutely love this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yakuza boss car there ^^^.

I wonder was it PSV'd here at some point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Lots of resemblance to an LS400 front and back I think
    Rear a mash up of a LS400 and a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. Not sure is there anything to benchmark it against but on the face of it the price seems a bit insane to me. No doubt there are some out there that would love it for what it is but I don't think they are the type that would be willing to drop €6.5k on it all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,109 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

96 Toyota Crown in Ireland since 2002. Lots of resemblance to an LS400 front and back I think

I'd absolutely love this

Pretty sure I saw that on Thursday on trade plates on the windscreen, I liked the look of it. I love the chain around the steering wheel, old school tech that the modern thieves wouldn't know how to defeat :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Pretty sure I saw that on Thursday on trade plates on the windscreen, I liked the look of it. I love the chain around the steering wheel, old school tech that the modern thieves wouldn't know how to defeat :pac:

Hmmm, this car is parked in Howth Harbour :cool:. And parked around it are large CC old cars with no Tax or NCT but all have Beshoff Motor licence plates surrounds. So someone is using the car park (that one) as a free storage area for their stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

ongarite wrote: »

The absolute state of that.Looks like something out of My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

Being sold by a guy called George, so I am guessing he did not do it. Looks like a tidy enough car otherwise. He should get down to the scrap yard and replace the few sparkly bits. Will make it much more sellable.

The badge shining on the ground when you open the door are horribly tacky, my father bought a new A4 during the year it came standard with that awful feature

Rear a mash up of a LS400 and a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. Not sure is there anything to benchmark it against but on the face of it the price seems a bit insane to me. No doubt there are some out there that would love it for what it is but I don't think they are the type that would be willing to drop €6.5k on it all the same.

It's not even a case of supply and demand anymore. It's on irish plates and is a Jap import. Importing these cars is now dead in the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The badge shining on the ground when you open the door are horribly tacky, my father bought a new A4 during the year it came standard with that awful feature

A lot of people like that feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭selectamatic

It's not even a case of supply and demand anymore. It's on irish plates and is a Jap import. Importing these cars is now dead in the water.

Classic tax and vrt will start to rectify that in the coming years. That EU Japan trade deal might impact positively too.

Classic tax and vrt will start to rectify that in the coming years. That EU Japan trade deal might impact positively too.

The USA is in on the game now, the prices in Japan are rising appropriately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The USA is in on the game now, the prices in Japan are rising appropriately.

True but some of the lesser known/less performance orientated stuff is staying sensible though.

The likes of them crowns, centurys etc. Shouldn't jump too much due to America being awash with Lexus equivalents. And big engined 4 doors being seen as nothing special by them.

Yeah, I wouldn’t pay too much heed to the doom and gloom about America opening the flood gates. I’d say there’ll be plenty of rich millennials paying mad money for Supras and twin cams etc. For other less special stuff they’d be as well to look in Canada where lots of jap cars already go.

I really want to put an SE limited Corolla into a container destined for Ireland at some stage next year. Won’t be worrying too much about them boys in the states robbing it from under me :P

But I agree with what you’re saying HK. Unless it’s new and hybrid or over 30 years old, you’d be mad to bring anything from Japan into Ireland now.

Yeah, I wouldn’t pay too much heed to the doom and gloom about America opening the flood gates. I’d say there’ll be plenty of rich millennials paying mad money for Supras and twin cams etc. For other less special stuff they’d be as well to look in Canada where lots of jap cars already go.

I really want to put an SE limited Corolla into a container destined for Ireland at some stage next year. Won’t be worrying too much about them boys in the states robbing it from under me :P

But I agree with what you’re saying HK. Unless it’s new and hybrid or over 30 years old, you’d be mad to bring anything from Japan into Ireland now.

There is still plenty of nice Jap stuff coming into the country, while the money is there import stuff all you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Tzardine wrote: »
    The absolute state of that.Looks like something out of My Big Fat Gypsy Weddings.

Being sold by a guy called George, so I am guessing he did not do it. Looks like a tidy enough car otherwise. He should get down to the scrap yard and replace the few sparkly bits. Will make it much more sellable.

Were you not a fan of the Famous Five?

50583195928_d8b41fac58_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Philip M5

ongarite wrote: »
    Mini for the ladies with the diamond touch:

I assume they were added afterwards?!

Can't imagine getting a few of them embedded in the drivers forehead after the airbag goes off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Philip M5 wrote: »
    I assume they were added afterwards?!

Can't imagine getting a few of them embedded in the drivers forehead after the airbag goes off

A facejazzle it’s called.

Advertisement