Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

Hard to understand the logic behind that alright.... The Uk is flooded with those ST Fiesta's.... Easy to pick up a decent legal one these days if that's what your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Oops! wrote: »
    Hard to understand the logic behind that alright.... The Uk is flooded with those ST Fiesta's.... Easy to pick up a decent legal one these days if that's what your after.

I guess he's trying to get back the money he put into it, with the daft asking price. Originally it was probably done for insurance reasons I'd assume 1.25 on the logbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

job seeker wrote: »
    I guess he's trying to get back the money he put into it, with the daft asking price. Originally it was probably done for insurance reasons I'd assume 1.25 on the logbook.

Lads, what am i missing here? whats the shca with it being "illegal"? According to cartell its an ST2 with a 1.6 turbo, like it should have, so whats the "1.25 on the logbook" stuff? And im not judging anyone, if its a trick i want in, like! :)

I like these a lot. they're a riot to drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lads, what am i missing here? whats the shca with it being "illegal"? According to cartell its an ST2 with a 1.6 turbo, like it should have, so whats the "1.25 on the logbook" stuff? And im not judging anyone, if its a trick i want in, like! :)

I like these a lot. they're a riot to drive.

I’d say you’re looking at the wrong ad

5-EAEE0-C2-94-FF-446-E-9405-7-D517832-FBEE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d say you’re looking at the wrong ad

5-EAEE0-C2-94-FF-446-E-9405-7-D517832-FBEE.jpg

Ah, I was only looking at Bazz's post with the 141 KY fiesta. Thanks - I see it now in the context of the earlier post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Fairly fresh AMG C63, not too many of these here and surely you will never see too many of these again on our shores:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9cde31ff7d5c82cd66666bb9f1061d83c.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2665573&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D53%26o%5B%5D%3D%26nn%3D22%26yn%3D2018%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

I’ve seen Louis Walsh driving a UK plate G Wagon identical to that, wonder if that is it. Can’t be too many here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

bazz26 wrote: »
    Fairly fresh AMG C63, not too many of these here and surely you will never see too many of these again on our shores:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2665573&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D53%26o%5B%5D%3D%26nn%3D22%26yn%3D2018%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

I wonder how much depreciation that has seen over its first two years...

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Austmcc

Muppet Man wrote: »

Not quite like for like but the c63s was around 110k (with options) according to this. So looking at 30 to 40k depreciation in two years

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/merc-s-sober-suited-hot-rod-laps-up-the-road-and-the-praise-1.3577250?mode=amp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Muppet Man wrote: »

Cheapest variant without any options was a shade over 90k I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sk8board

As others have said, I genuinely can’t understand Why would you spend a fortune on an engine swap and all the st seats and parts, when the newer and infinitely better one a few posts later above is €1.5k more and 6 or 7 years newer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9cde31ff7d5c82cd66666bb9f1061d83c.jpg

I'm probably in the minority here, but I really feel Mercedes have dropped the ball at this stage with their range toppers. Can't decide whether it's too subtle, or if they've diluted the AMG brand too much in recent years, but if you took the badges off it could be yet another AMG spec diesel with quad exhausts. Only an enthusiast is going to spot the massive front brakes.

You can clearly differentiate an RS Audi from an S-Line, and a proper M BMW from an M-Sport, but you'd have to take a proper good look to tell an AMG from an AMG spec Mercedes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'm probably in the minority here, but I really feel Mercedes have dropped the ball at this stage with their range toppers. Can't decide whether it's too subtle, or if they've diluted the AMG brand too much in recent years, but if you took the badges off it could be yet another AMG spec diesel with quad exhausts. Only an enthusiast is going to spot the massive front brakes.

You can clearly differentiate an RS Audi from an S-Line, and a proper M BMW from an M-Sport, but you'd have to take a proper good look to tell an AMG from an AMG spec Mercedes.

I bet if you seen it in person you wouldn’t think so... you would take one look at it and know it’s a beast

LillySV wrote: »
    I bet if you seen it in person you wouldn’t think so... you would take one look at it and know it’s a beast
    I'd know its a beast because I've been into cars for decades so I'd see some of the telltale elements. Doesn't change my opinion above though that it's either too subtle or too diluted to stand out in a sea of other grey C-classes.

Same could be extended to VW with the Golf R & R-line now i think of it.

Some people like the q car look, they don't have or feel the need to announce they have arrived in the likes of a C63 by having it resemble something from a barry-boy meet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Some people like the q car look, they don't have or feel the need to announce they have arrived in the likes of a C63 by having it resemble something from a barry-boy meet.
    I'd have to agree with that. To me a Mercedes Benz should exude class in an understated and sophisticated way, not in a loud, brash and in your face sort of way. Not a type of class that would make a typical teenage chav go WOW, CLASS.

Maybe that's just me being old fashioned though (I probably am).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Steep enough money but a real charmer with hard top also. Saw one recently in Tallaght. Noticeably smaller than my NC MX5. Something nostalgic about seeing 14 inch 185 rims.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-mx-5-1-6i-convertible-original-irish-car/26153625

MDVmOWM3YTQxYmFmMzUxOGZiM2MwOTI1MWE3ZmUzZDEappLVWysffDIJiVmJ9RTCaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTgzNTk1MjN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That price is madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Steep...

Vomit inducing price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

Expensive at half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Crazy price but that is indeed absolutely lovely and very charming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sk8board

I supposed if you’re into the mx5, and really really squint, it’s a minter, lowish mileage, gen 1 example of one of the worlds great drivers cars.

Here's another pop up light one, full service history from new, 48k genuine miles, zero rust, 1.8 and manual.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/classic-mazda-mx5-1-8is/26077229

Asking 5250.

Here's another pop up light one, full service history from new, 48k genuine miles, zero rust, 1.8 and manual.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/classic-mazda-mx5-1-8is/26077229

Asking 5250.

VRT plus nox would be pretty crazy on that though, especially next year.

Assuming the OMSP is realistic on them these days.

The fact that that’s 5 years newer nearly goes against it in terms of classic status, which the other one is only 2 and a bit years off.

VRT plus nox would be pretty crazy on that though, especially next year.

Assuming the OMSP is realistic on them these days.

The fact that that’s 5 years newer nearly goes against it in terms of classic status, which the other one is only 2 and a bit years off.

Shouldn't be too bad, nox and vrt together shouldn't be more than 1500 euros.

Shouldn't be too bad, nox and vrt together shouldn't be more than 1500 euros.

The Nox would be €600 anyway, and the emissions on that are 215 so top rate VRT in January. How low is the OMSP on them?

The Nox would be €600 anyway, and the emissions on that are 215 so top rate VRT in January. How low is the OMSP on them?

I can't remember off the top of my head. Wanted to bring in a UK one and checked it with revenue and it was definitely viable at around 1500E all in but the UK ones have not aged well at all in terms of rust.

I like this one - Minister for Finance says no though :pac:

OTg0MzIzZWM0NjNjYWZhYmNhOGUxMGE3OTIzM2NiZmNMKWMmW9q_yMb6Fb9cgTD0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI4OTA4ODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-wrx-sti-type-uk-symetrical-awd-300-final-ed/26568908

Vrt surprised me at just under 6.5k (€600 nox). €2350 tax would be a pain, but for something like this I think I'd be willing to pay it.

A man can daydream anyway:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Top Dog wrote: »
    I like this one - Minister for Finance says no though :pac:

OTg0MzIzZWM0NjNjYWZhYmNhOGUxMGE3OTIzM2NiZmNMKWMmW9q_yMb6Fb9cgTD0aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjI4OTA4ODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-wrx-sti-type-uk-symetrical-awd-300-final-ed/26568908

Vrt surprised me at just under 6.5k (€600 nox). €2350 tax would be a pain, but for something like this I think I'd be willing to pay it.

A man can daydream anyway:D

One of them passed me, giving it full pelt coming off a roundabout the other week. Some crazy noise and acceleration out of it. I had the window down lucky enough :).

Advertisement