Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Tzardine wrote: »
    Wow. Every day is a school day.

That sucks.

I was of the same opinion when I learned.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058030900&page=42

The like of that Civic pre July 08 are probably an ideal example of certain cars in Ireland that will either hold their value or increase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Since Friday it's would be now 2400 to tax that Civic with new real world emissions figures. Import older than 08 will be now taxed on emissions.

Didn’t know imports older than 08 would be taxed on WLTP emissions. Will there be some pre 08 cars that will actually go down in price to tax then?

It sounds possible but I wouldn't say there be much out there. Would have to remember that most stuff will be Euro 4 or Euro 5 pre 08 so on a diesel for example Nox is just going to kill any saving on motor tax that's there, if any.

Anyways

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/26514127

These are slowly starting to drop in price lately. Not as cheap as UK cars but still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Didn’t know imports older than 08 would be taxed on WLTP emissions. Will there be some pre 08 cars that will actually go down in price to tax then?

That's a good question. You would imagine many diesels would be cheaper to tax once they are here.... But the Nox levy means that they simply won't be making it here!

Anything pre 08 will have huge nox on a diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

If that's the case about the likes of those Civic's then the prices of Irish reg cars will shoot up since it wouldn't be worth your while importing one.

If that's the case about the likes of those Civic's then the prices of Irish reg cars will shoot up since it wouldn't be worth your while importing one.

It's a given at this stage. The likes of the one above would be worth more if it was registered last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/freelander-i6-hse-sunroof-low-miles/26721664

ZWFhYmVhZTRjY2YyZDE4N2U4YjI1MzE3NWE5YzlhODJ0NSxSzSH4LUTrFUByqBT_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjY4MTI2MTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

It's 333 tax not max tax.

3.2 6 cylinder Freelander

€2350 tax. Who'd be bothered!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Seller just says the option is there to convert it, it’s €2350 currently, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Since Friday it's would be now 2400 to tax that Civic with new real world emissions figures. Import older than 08 will be now taxed on emissions.

Jesas I didn’t think of this ...If u had something say in the 2014 year age and u imported it in from NI, would that car once registered be translated to new higher rate of tax than what the cars would be if they had been registered her originally ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

LillySV wrote: »
    Jesas I didn’t think of this ...If u had something say in the 2014 year age and u imported it in from NI, would that car once registered be translated to new higher rate of tax than what the cars would be if they had been registered her originally ?

No change to a 2014 anyway.

Yes.

https://www.vrt.ie/faq/budget-2021-vehicle-registration-tax/

That link shows the new rates and the formula for working out the increased Co2 figure.

Although in fairness there really going after stuff that taxed around the 400 and upwards per year mark.

Yes.

https://www.vrt.ie/faq/budget-2021-vehicle-registration-tax/

That link shows the new rates and the formula for working out the increased Co2 figure.

Although in fairness there really going after stuff that taxed around the 400 and upwards per year mark.

So , for arguments sake, I buy a 2014 car with co2 rating of 174g/km in Uk , they will work out the higher rate of vrt which using the formula seems to be 211.3... therefore they will look for yearly tax of 1250... even though if I had bought same car here originally or brought it in before dec, it would’ve continue to be 750 tax a year? That seems mad if so ...

Everything from band C has gone up for Irish reg cars.
    Please note that vehicles who are taxed on CO2 Emissions (Bands C to G inclusive), and whose tax disc commences from 1 January 2021 are subject to a motor tax rate increase. If your vehicle is taxed on one of those CO2 bands, you are advised to check your motor tax renewal notice issued in December 2020 to ascertain the correct rate.

So , for arguments sake, I buy a 2014 car with co2 rating of 174g/km in Uk , they will work out the higher rate of vrt which using the formula seems to be 211.3... therefore they will look for yearly tax of 1250... even though if I had bought same car here originally or brought it in before dec, it would’ve continue to be 750 tax a year? That seems mad if so ...

Pretty much yeah. So for example that Civic now has 3 possible tax rates that you could come across. 710 on engine size, 1250 on post July 08 emissions and 2400 on anything registered since last Friday onwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭User1998

Can someone post a link that states newly registered pre 08’s will be taxed on the WLTP basis? I’m registering a mk1 Audi TT 3.2 next week which I thought would be on the €1,809 rate which is already bad enough

I VRT’d a 2013 Golf the other day, WLTP motor tax is €210 but I was only charged the usual €200 rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Pretty much yeah. So for example that Civic now has 3 possible tax rates that you could come across. 710 on engine size, 1250 on post July 08 emissions and 2400 on anything registered since last Friday onwards.

Yep only 174 co2 is now 800 to tax, I taxed my Lagwanna yesterday.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Yep only 174 co2 is now 800 to tax, I taxed my Lagwanna yesterday.

That’s not a newly imported machine though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

That’s not a newly imported machine though ?

Tax rates are irrelevant to date of import. It goes on date of original registration.

No it isn't. CC rates are unchanged regardless of date of import.

• Advertisement

Oops! wrote: »
    I doubt that Carina E is turbo... 96? Maby im wrong... I've only seen 97 and 98 TD Carina E's.

My first boss had a 1996 Carina E estate 2.0 TD ......... he used to say "it's nearly as fast as the petrol" so it was definitely a turbo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Oops!

Augeo wrote: »
    My first boss had a 1996 Carina E estate 2.0 TD ......... he used to say "it's nearly as fast as the petrol" so it was definitely a turbo :)

The 2.0 D Carina's weren't slow for their day... A quarter turn on the pump used to liven them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Who in Ssangyong thought "love edition" was a good idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I've said ut before on here but you'd have to feel genuinely sprry for the lads trying to sell those joke brands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say that pink/blue decal was wrapped here rather than at the factory.

Definitely for those couples who really hate their partners...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

I've said ut before on here but you'd have to feel genuinely sprry for the lads trying to sell those joke brands.

Christ that’s hilarious, is it Jake Stevens selling it?

Oops! wrote: »
    The 2.0 D Carina's weren't slow for their day... A quarter turn on the pump used to liven them.

Yeah, no doubt.... They'd not trouble a 2.0 petrol though to be fair.
    Anyway. The point I was making was that there was definitely 1996 2.0 TD carinas about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

It's sold now but only came across this EP3 yesterday on the IOM, can't be many with that mileage left.

https://www.manx.net/classifieds/Motors/advert/954629/2006-honda-civic-type-r-only-21-000-mls-mint

• Advertisement

Nice video - Dustin the turkey is selling cars now?

Advertisement