Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It was €3500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ST205 GT4. No NCT but fail sheet is there. Supposedly exhaust leak.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-gt4/27304752

ZmUwZWQ0M2EzOTk1OTNlZDM1NWJiOWI0NDA3NjYwNTFyVfCFuE90VzOAWe3Byni8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4NDc0NDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wheels are beyond offensive.

I'm not 100% but I think they're stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I'm not 100% but I think they're stock.
    They are original alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

Think they totally suit it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I think that is how a GT four should look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-gt4/27304752

ZmUwZWQ0M2EzOTk1OTNlZDM1NWJiOWI0NDA3NjYwNTFyVfCFuE90VzOAWe3Byni8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4NDc0NDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Same as the silver ST205 I once had, I loved the original wheels tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They're definitely suiting and from another era, if you put them on car today it would be a big no no, but I really think they suit.

Can't say anything about the pricing, would this be right for one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Must be a new record asking price for an NCT failure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

elperello wrote: »
    Must be a new record asking price for an NCT failure.

Maybe so. They’re not exactly ten a penny though so would be worth the risk when you have the fail sheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Fab looking yoke. Price is high but the price of this stuff is only going up and it's a great looking example.

That being said, when looking for top dollar, and it only failed "on an exhaust leak", you'd think for the sake of a couple of euro and an hours work he'd have it sorted and tested.

I'd say it's more like it's as a result of a mod that it's failing and it's too much of a faf to get it to pass, the likes of a de-cat fitted, badly mapped, wrong injectors or plugs or something. No pics of the engine bay would have me thinking same.

Fab looking yoke. Price is high but the price of this stuff is only going up and it's a great looking example.

That being said, when looking for top dollar, and it only failed "on an exhaust leak", you'd think for the sake of a couple of euro and an hours work he'd have it sorted and tested.

I'd say it's more like it's as a result of a mod that it's failing and it's too much of a faf to get it to pass, the likes of a de-cat fitted, badly mapped, wrong injectors or plugs or something. No pics of the engine bay would have me thinking same.

Yep, emissions wouldn't have been done and a simple hole in the exhaust is easily fixable so who knows what it needs doing.

It's probably a mod issue, looking at the interior when you see stuff like that apexi afc. There could be an aftermarket ecu, De cat or something else messed with

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1990-mitsubishi-colt-gti-2yrs-nct-taxed/26890466

NGYzZDFjODA3MTZlYjdmNGYyYzZlMTk4NDZkYTA0OTl_R9bXqYyBAxDTrDsn27jVaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzIwODg4ODB8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I don't understand how this hasn't sold, its up ages now.

Classic tax, 2 years NCT, €4400

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Difficult to insure? Are the insurance companies covering these under a classic policy? I heard they are gone very fussy now on what they will cover.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Difficult to insure? Are the insurance companies covering these under a classic policy? I heard they are gone very fussy now on what they will cover.

I think age-wise its well within the parameters of what most insurance companies want. You could understand if it was 99 or 00 etc maybe they might be reluctant, but 31 years old should be no problem. I have a bog standard 1990 1.3 Civic with autoline currently, and had an 88 Honda City up until mid last year and a few others.

Could it be the price then? Are they worth that sort of money, I've no idea of their value.

I'd say the reason that Colt GTi isn't sold is location and lockdown. Yes I know a lot aren't sticking to it but the majority are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭elperello

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think age-wise its well within the parameters of what most insurance companies want. You could understand if it was 99 or 00 etc maybe they might be reluctant, but 31 years old should be no problem. I have a bog standard 1990 1.3 Civic with autoline currently, and had an 88 Honda City up until mid last year and a few others.

The seller says in the ad that it is insured for €200 pa.

Nice car.

I thought maybe it would be a lack of following for Colts, if it was a Honda or Toyota it would probably be twice the price and sold in no time

There was a fair bit of a following for colts and Mirages back in the day especially the Mivec ones. I owned a Mirage Asti Rx Version R a fair few years ago and it was my favourite car I ever owned. And one of the reason for that was it had an extremely healthy engine(I'd say it still had all it's 175bhp) which is rare for a car like that as they are usually ragged to bits. You could buy a ek9 today which would cost a lot and I can guarantee the engine is not healthy.

Mivec Colts were pretty slow until about 4-5000 rpm even then they weren't exactly fast

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Mivec Colts were pretty slow until about 4-5000 rpm even then they weren't exactly fast

Not mine it had larger low lift cam and larger high lift cams which came in RS and Version R engines. The RS was a stripped down model with extra bracing. The version R got the same as the RS but also Recaros and factory tinted rear windows and a high lift rear spoiler, ABS and air con, elec windows. Then there was the standard Mivec engines and them the Mivec MD which was slower again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

PsychoPete wrote: »

Correct. Have a mint 1996 Mivec one in the shed at the moment. Completely original and just 30,000 miles. Fantastic engine in them, a peach to drive, but not fast at all by modern standards.

My wife's Seat Arona 150bhp is quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Never had a MIVEC but they were pretty similar to VTEC in how they worked, iirc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Never had a MIVEC but they were pretty similar to VTEC in how they worked, iirc?

Yes, very similar. A MIVEC V6 sounds amazing.

Oh boy. Where to start. Cars that should have never been made? As if the micra abomination wasn't enough, here's a primera.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4067922023226054&id=225407620810866

Apologies for the crappy link and pics I'm on mobile.

Screenshot-20210223-174522.jpg
    Screenshot-20210223-174534.jpg
    Screenshot-20210223-174544.jpg
    Screenshot-20210223-174554.jpg

• Advertisement

Double post. If I delete one both go.

Sorry.

Advertisement