Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That literally looks like it crashed into a Jag and reversed away with bits stuck to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

L-M wrote: »
    That literally looks like it crashed into a Jag and reversed away with bits stuck to it.

Or..

chop-shop-london-garage-uk.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

3-CF8-FDD7-6-C9-B-4-CBC-A86-B-7610576-D96-E2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I miss Leepu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Came across this ad on Facebook a few days ago and then was just reminded of it on the Donedeal ads on this site.

Looks good considering the age. I hate the massive wheels though. If I was buying this I would have to change to a set of 16 inch.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1998-toyota-mr2-turbo-revision-3-245bhp/27307790

M2YyMDU3MTY1MTMzMTk1MjQxYzU5ZGM1MmFhN2U4MDA2bKSzph-czuA2sP0KOrlhaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzE4ODMxNjB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

LHD to RHD converted and a gas conversion

You'd want to be brave

Lovely looking machine all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Bazzy wrote: »
    LHD to RHD converted and a gas conversion

You'd want to be brave

Lovely looking machine all the same

They are a dreadful yoke. I actually sold them new back around 2007.

They do about 10mpg in real world driving if you are lucky. They are very agricultural to drive.

The F150 was better, but not by much. This generation of truck were still very much work trucks. Today though, the modern ones are completely different, they are pure luxury, like Range Rovers.(and just as reliable in many cases)

The only Ram 1500 that was worth having, for its pure ridiculousness, is the SRT10 version, with the Dodge Viper engine in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I've a 12 Jeep, pretty closely related. They're heaps of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I'd love to know the cost of the RHD conversion..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The gear knob being 5 foot away doesn't help things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is that not the AWD selector as it looks to have a column gear shifter on the steering wheel?

bazz26 wrote: »
    Is that not the AWD selector as it looks to have a column gear shifter on the steering wheel?

Maybe, I've genuinely no idea... Looks like one, and still in a poxy place regardless :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/skyline-gt-r/nissan-skyline-r33-gtr-v-spec/23019601

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-SPEC 1995 - 97k miles - asking €44,000

I know these are basically cult status but that's some asking price.

ZjQzZDczOWE3YjMxOGJjOTE3NmFkYzI1N2U3ZTFhMjK9dzat0QarBCUar92rfqJSaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYmY3NWIwZDcxMjhlNzNkNGZkNDRjOWM0YzJiNWE0Zjg5YmI4ODdjYzExYjQ3NDY2ZTY0MjM0YWM0NzA1NWQyNi5qcGd8fHx8fHw5ODB4NDU0fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The R33 is like the middle child nobody really pays any attention too. It's all about R32s and 34s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,107 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

pippip wrote: »
    https://www.adverts.ie/car/nissan/skyline-gt-r/nissan-skyline-r33-gtr-v-spec/23019601

Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-SPEC 1995 - 97k miles - asking €44,000

I know these are basically cult status but that's some asking price.

I've noticed in Japan these once they get to 30 years old pricing goes off the wall as they can then be legally imported in to US without complying to loads of legislation which pretty much makes bringing in those newer impossible.

There was 3 times as many R32 GTRs made as there was R33s, and they're certainly climbing in price but 40k would be for a good Series 3, not a meh Series 1 being offered by that lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

They're a great driving thing, my brother had a 400bhp GTR which he sold to my dad for his private collection, still feels quick even up against modern performance cars. Quite an old school power delivery compared to an R35 but still goes well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The R33 is like the middle child nobody really pays any attention too. It's all about R32s and 34s

Yeah this, there were so many r33's over in New Zealand, literally grannies driving them to the shops for the weekly groceries... It's all about 32's and 34's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was wondering who you were and then the mention of New Zealand and I knew straight away so I went top your profile and it says it there what your last username was and I was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Does anyone know if someone Is allowed to collect a car during lockdown ? If I was traveling to a neighboring county today with my wife to collect a car I bought online, from main dealer, is this allowed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I know a lad who has an r34 tuned to about 800 brake (according to him). He reckoned it was worth 100k (again, according to him)

LillySV wrote: »
    Does anyone know if someone Is allowed to collect a car during lockdown ? If I was traveling to a neighboring county today with my wife to collect a car I bought online, from main dealer, is this allowed ?

Yes it is allowed

Price is a bit optimistic though given the condition of the bodywork and the other issues it has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DD ad says it's had 2 previous owners not that it matters much at that age. Body does look like it's seen a bit of drama alright but there could not be too many of those left on this rock now. A 2004 must be one of the last ones too.

These issues won’t be cheap to fix

77365-D62-195-C-4-ABE-A853-0-BE53-C12341-C.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

So Keith is selling it, Liam brought it to the garage and it’s had one lady owner.

• Advertisement

They’ll get every penny. In cash. Mixture of Sterling and Euro I’d imagine.

Advertisement