Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Mini850

Interslice wrote: »

Ah jaysus........that's unreal, I'm on a hunt for a replacement for the Cooper S and this would be perfect........if it wasn't for the tax and insurance.

€512 tax and €315 for insurance is hard to beat on the Cooper S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Mini850 wrote: »
    Ah jaysus........that's unreal, I'm on a hunt for a replacement for the Cooper S and this would be perfect........if it wasn't for the tax and insurance.

€512 tax and €315 for insurance is hard to beat on the Cooper S.

What engine is in the cooper? Theyre 1.6 supercharged or something? Id say you would looking at between 2 or 3 times the money for the paperwork alone.

What engine is in the cooper? Theyre 1.6 supercharged or something? Id say you would looking at between 2 or 3 times the money for the paperwork alone.

Yeh 1.6 supercharged. It’s the cheapest 170bhp I could find in terms of running costs. Hard to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Are the stilos 20v all selespeed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bear1 wrote: »
    Are the stilos 20v all selespeed?

Nope, you could get manual too. They’re a donkey of a yoke though - only 170bhp

There’s a Schumacher edition Stilo too, the Seicento is much better known.

Yeh 1.6 supercharged. It’s the cheapest 170bhp I could find in terms of running costs. Hard to replace

You'd be mad to replace it with that yolk anyway! 315 euro is crazy for the insurance. Are you a 45 year old female nurse from wexford? :pac:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Nope, you could get manual too. They’re a donkey of a yoke though - only 170bhp

There’s a Schumacher edition Stilo too, the Seicento is much better known.

Ah yeah but I think they can be turbo'd quite easily. I'd say they'd be fairly fun to drive though.
    Not always about the power.

Ah yeah but I think they can be turbo'd quite easily. I'd say they'd be fairly fun to drive though.

That back suspension setup is odd. Doesnt look like fully independant. Similar to the rear end of an old caddy. Would make me wonder what the drive is like.

You'd be mad to replace it with that yolk anyway! 315 euro is crazy for the insurance. Are you a 45 year old female nurse from wexford? :pac:

35 year old male engineer from Wexford :D:D:D

But It's technically my wife's car and I'm a named driver on her policy. Still, she's only 32 so a bargain for that money.

I don't think the insurance companies see the Mini as a risk..........even the Cooper S.........

And of course i'd be mad to replace it with that...........but...eh......whats your point???:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzyB

35 year old male engineer from Wexford :D:D:D

But It's technically my wife's car and I'm a named driver on her policy. Still, she's only 32 so a bargain for that money.

I don't think the insurance companies see the Mini as a risk..........even the Cooper S.........

And of course i'd be mad to replace it with that...........but...eh......whats your point???:D:D:D:D:D

If you decide to go mad and replace it please let me know more about that cooper s! Been hunting around for an Abarth 500 for a while but even in the UK the prices seem to be very strong, Mini may be a close enough experience and a bit more roomy :D

BazzyB wrote: »
    If you decide to go mad and replace it please let me know more about that cooper s! Been hunting around for an Abarth 500 for a while but even in the UK the prices seem to be very strong, Mini may be a close enough experience and a bit more roomy :D

Actually, the Abarth is something I'm also considering!

What ever I buy may replace the Mini, but I don't think Ill ever sell it. It was an unmolested 1 owner car before I got it so had a decent life and got everything it needed. It will stay with me for a while, if not be my main car.

But try one out. It is an amazing little car. Not everyone's cup of tay but I love it. If the handling, and performance doesn't float your boat, the supercharger whine and the exhaust pop, which are there as standard (After 04 for the exhaust pop) will. Well it does me, but I'm a big kid.

They are very tunable and 200bhp is very achievable, with relative ease.

Downside is space, there is none.....Abarth and Mini R53 wouldn't be too dissimilar. They also have niggly issues that if you know how to identify and fix, are not too bad. Another thing is don't expect any more than 35mpg.

The Ride is harsh so while you will enjoy some serious handling, it can be a bit crashy, not helped by the runflats (no room for spare)

If you have any specific question on R53s, message me. Ive had mine about a year and a half and pretty much know the story with them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzyB

Actually, the Abarth is something I'm also considering!

What ever I buy may replace the Mini, but I don't think Ill ever sell it. It was an unmolested 1 owner car before I got it so had a decent life and got everything it needed. It will stay with me for a while, if not be my main car.

But try one out. It is an amazing little car. Not everyone's cup of tay but I love it. If the handling, and performance doesn't float your boat, the supercharger whine and the exhaust pop, which are there as standard (After 04 for the exhaust pop) will. Well it does me, but I'm a big kid.

They are very tunable and 200bhp is very achievable, with relative ease.

Downside is space, there is none.....Abarth and Mini R53 wouldn't be too dissimilar. They also have niggly issues that if you know how to identify and fix, are not too bad. Another thing is don't expect any more than 35mpg.

The Ride is harsh so while you will enjoy some serious handling, it can be a bit crashy, not helped by the runflats (no room for spare)

If you have any specific question on R53s, message me. Ive had mine about a year and a half and pretty much know the story with them now.

Thanks for that always thinks it speaks wonders of a car when people say they don't think they'll ever sell it!

Must try one out alright, I've driven one of the newer 2014 Abarths remapped to 190 and it was a hoot, hard, crashy, loud, crackles like its breaking down but really just felt like a big go kart..truly loved it :D

Must try one out for size so, I found the abarth just that little bit too small if I wanted to throw a weekends camping gear in the back with the seats down.

Will take you up on that if I decide to pursue it further after driving one thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Alas, that engine cant really be turbo'ed, without spending stupid amounts of money. While its not flat out quick, its actually fairly torquey from low down, so its a nice enough drive - but only in manual. Preferably a schumacher: Prodrive put a bilstein setup in to it and it makes a huge difference.

If you want to tune one, get a 1.8, put an Alfa TS 2.0 head and crank in it, figure out how to attach the crank position sensor and you've 180hp easily enough.

Or simply drop a 2.0 lampredi turbo into it, but you have to deal with marrying the loom from the stilo with the older Marelli ECU, but its been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

That back suspension setup is odd. Doesnt look like fully independant. Similar to the rear end of an old caddy. Would make me wonder what the drive is like.

Its a trailing arm/torsion beam setup. Works very well, especially with slightly lower/stiffer rear springs. Ive never felt the rear end doing anything other than what I expected of it.

The ride wouldnt be best in class, but its certainly one of the better handling.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-for-sale/20065709

I actually love the wheels, 11 owners and those seats though

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-sline-130hp40chip-tiuning/20065620
    Fookin state of the number plate 01 D L7148
    Of course 8 owners

Wow, a 2JZ-GE GS300, like, the only engine available on that model. Wow.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2jz-ge-gs300/19666635
    Obligatory 14 owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

colm_mcm wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-for-sale/20065709

I actually love the wheels, 11 owners and those seats though

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-a4-sline-130hp40chip-tiuning/20065620
    Fookin state of the number plate 01 D L7148
    Of course 8 owners

Wow, a 2JZ-GE GS300, like, the only engine available on that model. Wow.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2jz-ge-gs300/19666635
    Obligatory 14 owners

I’m assuming a lot of those owners are tax transfers between family/friends?

I’m assuming a lot of those owners are tax transfers between family/friends?

I’d imagine so. Or not even taxing it and changing ownership all the time to say “I just got it” if pulled over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rare BMW F02 v8 petrol:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe916e884efe92f8703dee676a492f63801.jpg
    https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2037872&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D89%26f%3D1%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Not gone on the Eastern European gangster exterior look though.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Love the green rating in the add.. half a star out of 5. Lol!

Is it yours? :P

Did you not see the build thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Love to know what the price is.

Reg is off an Audi A6 according to NCT website and cartell?

And said A6 has a valid NCT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

lassykk wrote: »
    Reg is off an Audi A6 according to NCT website and cartell?

And said A6 has a valid NCT

99 SO 4149

99 SO 4149

Cleverly placed screw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yep, they are an odd looking yoke. Rear reminds me of the Mk2 Renault Megane convertible.

Advertisement