Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am thinking of changing the 2012 F10 Msport for this, a 2010 7 series MSport.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-2010-7-series-m-sport/27083882
    I would appreciate opinions or things to worry about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That looks like a very well spec’d car. The wheels and kidney grilles aren’t original and IMO look terrible. Also, is it just me or does the bonnet shut line across the top of the grille look off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think that's a genuine M Sport. Usually M Sport models have charcoal interior headlining. That one has beige interior headlining. The wheels look like they maybe aftermarket or bought used off another car, I don't think that model 7 Series came with blue brake calipers either. It does have the sport seats from the M Sport though but they could be speced on the SE also.

Like any large premium executive car, when something goes wrong it tends to be very expensive. My main areas of concern with that car at that mileage would be if something goes wrong like the air suspension (if it has it) either of the twin turbos, timing chain or even the idrive CIC system then your looking at a hefty repair bill. The 7 Series is a step up from a 5 Series but that one a riskier proposition than what your in right now, like I said you really need a bit of cash put aside for when something big breaks.

That looks like a very well spec’d car. The wheels and kidney grilles aren’t original and IMO look terrible. Also, is it just me or does the bonnet shut line across the top of the grille look off?

That's common enough when the grill is replaced with an aftermarket black grill. There are a number of bolts that hold the bumper on that you have to remove when replacing each kidney grill. When putting them back it can take a few goes to line the shut line up right with the bonnet. Some people just don't do it right or are not arsed.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I don't think that's a genuine M Sport. Usually M Sport models have charcoal interior headlining. That one has beige interior headlining. The wheels look like they maybe aftermarket or bought used off another car, I don't think that model 7 Series came with blue brake calipers either. It does have the sport seats from the M Sport though but they could be speced on the SE also.

Like any large premium executive car, when something goes wrong it tends to be very expensive. My main areas of concern with that car at that mileage would be if something goes wrong like the air suspension (if it has it) either of the twin turbos, timing chain or even the idrive CIC system then your looking at a hefty repair bill. The 7 Series is a step up from a 5 Series but that one a riskier proposition than what your in right now, like I said you really need a bit of cash put aside for when something big breaks.

I think they’re comfort seats instead of sport seats. AFAIK sport seats weren’t available with cooling/ventilation - which in itself is a very rare option.

I’d say after nearly 200k miles the interior might be a bit worn on that particular car, thanks in no small part to the beige which doesn’t age well unless looked after.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks for the advice, I'll stick with the F10 for a while longer!
    I'd love a well spec'd luxobarge though...
    Wouldn't we all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

They do exist alright. There was a Clio saloon in the prior generation model to that. They would have being an absolute rarity here but were common enough in Continental Europe I think.

You opened up a right can of worms asking if a Renault was any good though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

There was two that used to came into the garage they were the only two I've seen, clios were always pretty reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

You opened up a right can of worms asking if a Renault was any good though!

well that particular model, its keenly priced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,276 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wait til you see the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Wait til you see the back

Probably worth posting...

MGFj-N2-I3-NDZj-Ym-Q0-OTc5-ODlm-YTVk-OThj-Mz-Ax-Mm-Fk-Nj-Ezz-Ex-Jc-T1-PB5-YFch7-Qh19-Ra-HR0c-Dov-L3.jpg
    image hosting site

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Why do I get the feeling that BMW was on here years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Do not like the rear end styling at all :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I wouldn't like the front styling. The grill is subtle enough compared to other models in the current BMW line up but the air inlets under the headlights make it toyish looking to me. It is subjective but I'd consider the colour on that particular car pretty grim.

They look pretty awkward and weirdly proportioned in the flesh too. I thought it was some sort of Kia or something when I saw it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Dreadful looking thing, but I do like that colour in the flesh - there was a new M Sport 120d parked up from my house the other day in that colour and looked really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

The Dog ate my.......... key fob :rolleyes:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/subaru-impreza-read-add/27376657
    Car broke down yesterday, unsure as to what happened, hence the price! Any inspection is more than welcome. You will need to lift the car to take home

Also fob will need replacing, dog chewed it up so the chip from the fob must stay in the car to turn on! There is a key to lock the car but you won't be able to use this key to start as it's push button start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A diesel Subaru is so wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

"Car broke down yesterday, unsure as to what happened"

In my mind that roughly translates to she's totally bolloxd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,272 ✭✭✭ongarite

gary550 wrote: »
    "Car broke down yesterday, unsure as to what happened"

In my mind that roughly translates to she's totally bolloxd

Subaru diesels are well known for crankshaft, big end bearings letting go.
    Very difficult to get someone to rebuild the engine so most are scrapped.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't think it's had an easy life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XJnIy57ok

Jesus, the guy reviewing it ain't half annoying for some reason. I had to switch it off about 2 mins in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭carsfan2

bazz26 wrote: »
    Jesus, the guy reviewing it ain't half annoying for some reason. I had to switch it off about 2 mins in.

Agreed. Very hard to watch. I didn’t even know done deal did car reviews before I came across this.

carsfan2 wrote: »
    Wouldn't think it's had an easy life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XJnIy57ok

That presenter does my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got about 10 seconds into that video. Very annoying presenter.

• Advertisement

He’s no Bob Flavin anyway!

Advertisement