Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

thats that out the window then :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

bazz26 wrote: »
    New Ford Puma ST:

No fear of not finding a car in that colour in a car park. 47k is crazy money but slightly less bonkers than 60k for a VW T-Roc R.

Is that basically just a Fiesta ST on stilts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It would appear so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I absolutely love that you see all the weird Jap yokes in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a mad rev counter, it goes up to 10,000 rpm but I'd say it is like my old Mivec that went up to 10,000rpm also but rev cut was 8,300rpm.

I'd say the designer of that was inspired by the first generation Fiat Panda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There’s one of those in that colour in Ennis. It’s class.

Edit: it’s the same one!

I doubt it’s the only one in Europe though. The UK is still in Europe geographically? There’s loads there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Someone asked the seller how far can it go on a full charge.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Truckermal wrote: »
    Someone asked the seller how far can it go on a full charge.....:rolleyes:

Ya gota love the fookin clowns on Adverts :)

Edit; having said that I did find a lad on that site who repairs rear Merc lights at a fraction of the cost of a new one .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Can only imagine the conversation that was had with Revenue to try and get that set up on the VRT system :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that this is the MR2 i sold to davycc on here around 5 years ago.

I cant remember the reg but that reg does look familiar.

Things that make me think it is, it the damge on the rear bumper, the repaired sills and the short shifter. That and the high owner count, i think davy was lucky owner number 15 on it.

I know the ad says original wheels but when i sold it to Davy it had Enkei wheels that were probably worth more than i paid for the entire car so i'd say they've went missing in place of these standard wheels.

Maybe he can confim or deny.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-mr2-rev3/27703358

Twenty lucky owners!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Twenty lucky Irish owners. Was a lot more bastardised JDM Yo at the time, looks like someone has gotten into tidying it up a lot. Was a quick car at time in fairness. Iirc it had coilovers, enkei wheels, a fancy steering wheel, short shift kit, mushroom filter and possibly a non standard exhaust.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,081 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

job seeker wrote: »
    Any ideas what is the red cable running off the battery?
    OWNmYWQzZjdlOTI0MWRjYTkxZTkwNDNkMjEwY2E3OGYWXtoZdoGg7U2YZOxt89vFaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzY5MDI2Nzh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Any ideas what is the red cable running off the battery?

Looks like power for an amp/sub setup in the boot.

Ad also states the following:

"Sound system depending on the buyer."

Whatever the fnuck that means

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 548 ✭✭✭ek motor

The legendary Mitsubishi Unknown. All we know for sure is theres no log book.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1996-mitsubishi-unknown/27796307

Them seats are gimp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Tzardine wrote: »

I'd take that as meaning. can be sold with/without sub and/or amp etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Look at the state of the way the aftermarket air filter has been attached to half of the airbox.

ek9 for sale without NCT and needs a window reg. 15k, these are shooting up in price if that's what he gets for it. Getting up there in the mileage too.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mint-genuie-type-r-ek9/27796267

N2E5MzgzZDZiMWU3NTUwMzNlNzA2YzljZWQ3MzFjMGLwGYG7jGhsinE3HOpkcA-LaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzY5MDk1MzV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Just seen the built not bought sticker. I haven't seen one of those since the Celtic tiger era. I remember one Saturday night driving up to Dublin and going through different towns and the amount of boy racers about was mental in every town too. Some had built not bought stickers too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Tzardine wrote: »

I saw an ad on Facebook yesterday for some overpriced boy racer shìtbox which stated "LED bulbs obviously not coming with car". I have never in my life seen something so stingy, better make sure to purchase in daylight. That stuff drives me mental, don't get me started on the amount of BMWs on donedeal right now all sitting on the same set of alloys, which of course are "optional" for an extra €900.

It really is the worst time ever to buy a car. I've never seen it so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭t8010789

Just seen the built not bought sticker. I haven't seen one of those since the Celtic tiger era. I remember one Saturday night driving up to Dublin and going through different towns and the amount of boy racers about was mental in every town too. Some had built not bought stickers too.

A sticker I’ve seen on a mk2 golf many moons ago. “Built in Germany, perfected in the UK” I was in the UK at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

don't get me started on the amount of BMWs on donedeal right now all sitting on the same set of alloys, which of course are "optional" for an extra €900.

The amount of used car dealers selling basic spec cars with some awful looking 18" diamond cut wheels on it as an "optional extra"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The amount of used car dealers selling basic spec cars with some awful looking 18" diamond cut wheels on it as an "optional extra"

What's driving me absolutely insane lately is that I'm in the market for a BMW, I'm adamant it has to be top spec. So so many ads have listed "every extra possible", look at car, not even heated seats or idrive... Every possible extra seems to mean leather seats and buttons on the steering wheel. I'm going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

Seen a dealer on instagram last week going on about how they prepare their cars to a high standard before selling. That standard is a bit of a valet, polish and ditching the stock wheels in favour of awful aftermarket diamond cut yokes wrapped in a set of cheap tires. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Especially in Northern Ireland

• Advertisement

I saw an ad on Facebook yesterday for some overpriced boy racer shìtbox which stated "LED bulbs obviously not coming with car". I have never in my life seen something so stingy, better make sure to purchase in daylight. That stuff drives me mental, don't get me started on the amount of BMWs on donedeal right now all sitting on the same set of alloys, which of course are "optional" for an extra €900.

That was your first mistake there.

Advertisement