Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bazz26 wrote: »
    Yep, they are an odd looking yoke. Rear reminds me of the Mk2 Renault Megane convertible.

Still nice though I seen a Audi convertible in Cork lately and thought wow obviously a 2.0 TFSI but no low and behold a ****ing 1.6 TDI....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Modern Gentlemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Did some pos manufacturer buy out the MG brand name? Sad sight to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Na, they just bought a **** load of MG badges from ebay, stuck them on their 3rd world tripe mobiles. It's a bit like when Mitsubishi sold their Black Diamond tv brand to a second rate Turkish company back in the early 2000s.

• Advertisement

It's a bit like when Mitsubishi sold their Black Diamond tv brand to a second rate Turkish company back in the early 2000s.

That's what I mean. Verbatim and other brands did they same. Normende also, I think. A shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Looks like a fiesta from the side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

You can keep all your ****e biscuit tins. I'd walk over coals for this

https://www.avantgardeclassics.co.uk/cars/mercedes-220seb-coupe/

Tommyboy40 wrote: »
    You can keep all your ****e biscuit tins. I'd walk over coals for this

https://www.avantgardeclassics.co.uk/cars/mercedes-220seb-coupe/

Would love to drive it, would I like to own it. Meh.

Na, they just bought a **** load of MG badges from ebay, stuck them on their 3rd world tripe mobiles. It's a bit like when Mitsubishi sold their Black Diamond tv brand to a second rate Turkish company back in the early 2000s.

They did that with the city rover fair enough. With the city rover I think they were buying the cars from Tata for £3000 and selling them for £6500-£8500

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They did that with the city rover fair enough. With the city rover I think they were buying the cars from Tata for £3000 and selling them for £6500-£8500

Tata must have been laughing.

bear1 wrote: »
    Tata must have been laughing.

They are now they own a Jaguar and Land Rover :)

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They are now they own a Jaguar and Land Rover :)

Isn’t a very big share holder an Irish citizen too

Isn’t a very big share holder an Irish citizen too
    Yeah, he married an Irish woman.

Not quite cheap enough for the bangernomics thread but seems a fair chunk of car for the money:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe96060a867b41a51ee54e02567c5d2faab.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2109183&r=s.php%3Fm%3D32%26o%3D282%26r%3D2008%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

€84k...and still has manual seats

Cool car all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Only barely a sleeper because its not a dressed up 320d

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Thats fabulous. I'd be all over it if I had the cash.

Even if I have to move the seats meself, like a pleb!

€84k...and still has manual seats

Cool car all the same

Standard spec on the 3 Series was just terrible. A rare manual gearbox too.
    Interslice wrote: »
    Only barely a sleeper because its not a dressed up 320d

I thought that was the point. 3.0 litre 6 cylinder turbo petrol with 326bhp that looks like just any other sub 200bhp turbo diesel. The only real giveaway are the dual exhaust and larger brake discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Standard spec on the 3 Series was just terrible. A rare manual gearbox too.

I thought that was the point. 3.0 litre 6 cylinder turbo petrol with 326bhp that looks like just any other sub 200bhp turbo diesel. The only real giveaway are the dual exhaust and larger brake discs.

Traditionally a sleeper is a base spec model with a top spec engine. I wouldnt disagree that these days its a top spec model without a base spec engine :)

My definition of a sleeper was an ordinary or plain looking car with something a bit more deceptive tucked under the bonnet.

But anyway back on topic, this could be a bit mental:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe95ac3f35eb26db9f78828afece704b74f.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2071876&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D53%26o%5B%5D%3D448%26nn%3D22%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Looks very clean but are they really fetching that sort of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Hard to find a buyer for a manual 340.

They have that car quite a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

My definition of a sleeper was an ordinary or plain looking car with something a bit more deceptive tucked under the bonnet.

But anyway back on topic, this could be a bit mental:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe95ac3f35eb26db9f78828afece704b74f.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2071876&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D53%26o%5B%5D%3D448%26nn%3D22%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Looks very clean but are they really fetching that sort of money?

I was offered the saloon version of this a couple of years back for €1,300. There was a chap who was importing all sorts of nice things from across the pond. recession happened, he ended up with a yard full of amazing cars. Then customs/revenue called and he was forced to offload the lot. Still regret that I didn't buy it. Had UK plates and I'd just given revenue over €8k VRT on the SL. I'd planned to buy it, strip it and put the bits on an Irish car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

The same as what I drive only with a DSG7 gear box instead of manual.
    The one thing I do not like about the car is the small fuel tank. 60L less in practice Can only get 45L Petrol in when then needle hits the red.

2010 SKODA SUPERB ELEGANCE 1.8T DSG FSH HUGE SPEC €6,495
    2010 SKODA SUPERB ELEGANCE 1.8 TURBO
    DSG / AUTOMATIC 160 BHP
    AUTUMN BROWN METALLIC & IVORY LEATHER INTERIOR
    165,000 KILOMETRES
    FULL SERVICE RECORD & RECEIPT FOR
    FULL FACTORY REPLACEMENT ENGINE & 105,000 KMS AT A COST OF €8K
    EX EMBASSY CAR & ONE LOCAL OWNER

VALETED , SERVICED , 2 NEW TYRES

18” ALLOY WHEELS, FULL & REAL LEATHER INTERIOR, ELECTRIC FRONT SEATS, HEATED FRONT & REAR SEATS, ELECTRIC WINDOWS & MIRRORS, OPTICAL PARKING, CD PLAYER,
    XENON HEAD-LIGHTS, LEATHER MULTI FUNCTION STEERING WHEEL, CRUISE CONTROL , DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL,
    SATELLITE NAVIGATION , 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC / TIPTRONIC / DSG GEAR BOX,
    WOOD DASH INSERTS, REAR CLOCK
    MASSIVE SPEC CAR IN GREAT CONDITION

NCT TO MARCH 2020
    ROAD TAX TO END MARCH 2019
    OWI3NmQzODI2N2RmZDA1MDNiY2I3NGZlZDFmZGQyY2LOh9TGmehoY10FEtKS0zr8aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTE2OTQ2NDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    YjRjMDZmOGIwMDg1MTNiOTUxMmE4YzVkZTgyYjY2MGE0q7WTgyJ82KQZH1sViC7aaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTE2OTQ2NTJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2010-skoda-superb-elegance-1-8t-dsg-fsh-huge-spec/20179181

P.S.
    My own 2010 Skoda Superb elegance 1.8tsi was also an Embassy car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,493 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Whats wrong with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Would the replacement engine ring alarm bells?

bidiots wrote: »
    Would the replacement engine ring alarm bells?
    Sounds like a timing chain failed. I think this was an issue on 1.8tsi engines for cars about that time.
    https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/165337-vw-skoda-1-8l-tsi-when-replace-timing-chain.html

Engine replacement should have solved the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Belfast wrote: »
    The one thing I do not like about the car is the small fuel tank. 60L less in practice Can only get 45L Petrol in when then needle hits the red.

Off Topic - next time it's in for any work, get them to check the small fuel pump in the tank. There's 2 parts to the fuel tank in this model Superb - space for the transmission tunnel on the 4x4 versions means there's the big part of the tank, and the other side of the 'hump' is the smaller bit, with a small pump to get fuel over the 'hump'.

I know this because one of my former customers was always moaning that he could only ever get about 45 litres in to the tank, and ran out of fuel a few times when the OBC was showing over 100km of range left. It was only after we rejected the car back to the dealer that they discovered this (had been in 3 time previously to be checked).

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    Off Topic - next time it's in for any work, get them to check the small fuel pump in the tank. There's 2 parts to the fuel tank in this model Superb - space for the transmission tunnel on the 4x4 versions means there's the big part of the tank, and the other side of the 'hump' is the smaller bit, with a small pump to get fuel over the 'hump'.

I know this because one of my former customers was always moaning that he could only ever get about 45 litres in to the tank, and ran out of fuel a few times when the OBC was showing over 100km of range left. It was only after we rejected the car back to the dealer that they discovered this (had been in 3 time previously to be checked).

Thanks for the tip.
    I never ram out of petrol. If I let it go in to the red and wait for the light to come on I get 52 l in.
    The odd shape of the tank because of the transmission tunnel on the 4x4 versions does seem to make it hard to telll how much fuel you have when you go below 15 l.

Advertisement