Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

What is the point of this abomination?

https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/mini-countryman-cooper/27986079

It’s a white van, wrapped black, on private tax, crap pictures, and filthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

hurikane wrote: »

It used to be owned by a coffee roasting company in Dublin

It stood out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

It used to be owned by a coffee roasting company in Dublin

It stood out

The dealer must be trying to stop it standing out now, by taking photos of it in a ditch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

hurikane wrote: »

Why on earth make it commercial when you're leaving it on private tax? You lose the flexibility of using rear seats for what? a more expensive annual test and a higher charge on toll roads. I just don't get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Top Dog wrote: »
    Why on earth make it commercial when you're leaving it on private tax? You lose the flexibility of using rear seats for what? a more expensive annual test and a higher charge on toll roads. I just don't get it.

The Coffee roasting company converted it/or it was already converted (these did sell new as commercials) then it was possibly sold to a private person who did not have a business so could not commercial tax it. Maybe they just wanted it for the extra space for DIY jobs, dogs etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

DOE test and private tax? I didn't even think that was possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,327 ✭✭✭✭elperello

DOE test and private tax? I didn't even think that was possible

Once it's a commercial the NCT don't do it so over to CVRT it goes.

If used privately it must be taxed using the old cc rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭Ryano87

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Ryano87 wrote: »

Terrible photos, there isn't a single one of the passenger side and the rest don't compliment the car at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Terrible photos, there isn't a single one of the passenger side and the rest don't compliment the car at all.

Agreed, and its a shame as it looks like a tidy, low mileage car and reasonably priced.

Go back out with the camera and redo the photos. The resolution on DD is crap too. Upload 20-30 good photos to a site like imugr and put the link in the ad description.

• Advertisement

I did up the add last night.. I'll go out and take more photos. I've included photo of passenger side now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Shout out for the Volvo 440 and Saab 99 in the background.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Shout out for the Volvo 440 and Saab 99 in the background.

Lol Saab was mine. I sold it at the weekend. It's a 900. Same week I bought it my neighbour bought an identical silver one from Deane Motors.

He traded it in for the 440 turbo last year from Deanes again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Lol Saab was mine. I sold it at the weekend. It's a 900. Same week I bought it my neighbour bought an identical silver one from Deane Motors.

MX5 is smashing - best of luck with the sale

Wasn't entirely sure if it was a 99 or 900.

Also I thought you needed a mortgage approval just to window shop at Deane Motors. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wibbs what do you think of this?

Dc2 in pristine condition.

https://www.torque-gt.co.uk/dc2-050521.html

050521_white_dc2_dsc05301a.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Genuinely curious about this but see the DC2 above is a Jap import would you be able to claim VRT back like you can in Ireland if you imported a car from UK and then sent it back to UK or would it have to be exported back to Japan to be able to claim it back.

Or am I completely bonkers and haven't a clue what the hell I'm on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It looks like a scene from Jumanji

Only fit to be weighed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Previous Owner is a certain Mr I. Jones - college professor of archaeology ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Top Dog wrote: »
    Interesting to note it's also taxed at the CC rate, not the CO2 rate despite being >2008, as the tax class on the VLC was changed to N1.

Absolutely no reason for a private person to do that, but if the car was sold cheaper because of the conversion by a prior owner I would see it making sense.

Quote from the seller "Needs a good clean inside and out"

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

BMW M4 Competition is priced to sell for €1:D:P

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2021-bmw-m4-competition-g82-510hp/27980274

Edit: Now I seem to have got it. Just like people write 200,000km as 200km, I guess this guy wants us to understand that the price is €100,000.

SummerK wrote: »
    BMW M4 Competition is priced to sell for €1:D:P

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2021-bmw-m4-competition-g82-510hp/27980274

Edit: Now I seem to have got it. Just like people write 200,000km as 200km, I guess this guy wants us to understand that the price is €100,000.

"This car is priced to sell on a first come first serve basis."

It sure is.

Starting price on an M4 before options is €130,000.

I would rather have this car, which he is also selling for €1. (M3 CSL)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2003-bmw-m3-3-2-csl-smg/27878172?campaign=6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

wouldn't pay one euro for it, looks yuk!

The €1 price tags are just entered by the sellers to get the adverts included in viewers filtered search results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wasn’t thinking of spending €100k, but now that I’ve seen the ad I might

Sorta thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

bazz26 wrote: »
    The €1 price tags are just entered by the sellers to get the adverts included in viewers filtered search results.

It's the new POA without having POA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's the new POA without having POA
    That’s why I always use minimum filters for price and mileage. Can’t be dealing with that crap.

Advertisement