Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It's the new POA without having POA

I'd pay more for your M4 over that horrible thing above..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Truckermal wrote: »
    I'd pay more for your M4 over that horrible thing above..

More than €1.00? I'd hope so :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

More than €1.00? I'd hope so :D:D:D:D

Is it for sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Is it for sale?

Fvck no :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

9 grand for this yoke, dreamer but it looks good so said I would post it here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-celica-vvtli-2zzge-jdm-190bhp/28048038

YjliYWNhNDIyOTNlOWVmMWFhMjE3ZjRiMDY4ZDVjZjneSvOeYY_b6WJBTtvT7EYDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzk1Mjg2Mjl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I agree that Celica is an insane price for what it is versus other similar Celicas. It'd be a sweet car for 2500 - 3000 or so, it looks like a really nice example, it also looks to be a JDM car that was imported to the UK and is u0 for sale here on UK plates. It's mad though, nobody would bat an eye at €9k for a DC5 and on paper the Celica is so similar, where did one or the other go wrong?

I agree that Celica is an insane price for what it is versus other similar Celicas. It'd be a sweet car for 2500 - 3000 or so, it looks like a really nice example, it also looks to be a JDM car that was imported to the UK and is u0 for sale here on UK plates. It's mad though, nobody would bat an eye at €9k for a DC5 and on paper the Celica is so similar, where did one or the other go wrong?

The DC5 is more powerful and faster. Then when comparing that gen Celica to a DC2 R the R is lighter so faster again.

I remember watching a Jap YouTube video and they mentioned if Toyota had made a Type R version of that gen Celica it would have been good.

About the Mivec I haven't seen one of those for sale for it must be nearly 2 years, well deffo a full year since I seen one on Donedeal anyway.

• Advertisement

The DC5 is more powerful and faster. Then when comparing that gen Celica to a DC2 R the R is lighter so faster again.

I remember watching a Jap YouTube video and they mentioned if Toyota had made a Type R version of that gen Celica it would have been good.

Is speed the only reason? I know the 190 is a bit of a slouch a lot of the time but would it be much slower than a DC5?

Is speed the only reason? I know the 190 is a bit of a slouch a lot of the time but would it be much slower than a DC5?

Sure it's down on power by nearly 30bhp in Japan anyway 220bhp vs 190. Then the DC2 R is 200bhp so 10 more and lighter. The Honda's have more of a following than the Celica too. VTEC Yo!

Yeah, i would have thought it's mostly VTEC tax, not saying it isn't a better car though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Not something you see everyday.

Ideal 14 seater rural pub taxi. Straight as crow flies to each house.

https://www.adverts.ie/business-services/hagglund-bv206-for-sale/23734229

MGQ1YWJhYzZlYTFmYzc5MTQxZjFjODlhYTc1MzgyZmS4sPqHSJmrg2SDrb-2leL8aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vYTJiN2M5NmYyYWZjODQzNDUzZTYwODYyZjUwNjEwYjg5MDQ1ZDllNmJhNGYzNjg3YjZhMzI0NWE5N2U1ZjlkNy5qcGd8fHx8fHwxMzV4MjkyfGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,080 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

pippip wrote: »
    Not something you see everyday.

Ideal 14 seater rural pub taxi. Straight as crow flies to each house.

https://www.adverts.ie/business-services/hagglund-bv206-for-sale/23734229

I wish someone would provide these people putting up the ads with lessons on how to take a photo on their phone and upload it to a website instead of uploading screengrabs of their photos, really annoying.

Nissan Silvia S12.

As above this fella posted screen shots.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-silvia-s12/27857768

YTE1YjdkZWRjMmE0ZDVkNjc5OTA4MTU0MjliMTYxOWTbBiIhmUnaGBnVnCk3qegKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzc1NTE5ODl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

130bhp Yaris for 2 grand. Needs a NCT though.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-yaris-sr-130-bhp/27425427

ZGMwZWYwOTRlOGRlZTNiMDhhMTY4YWFmNTYzN2JmOWVpmBB77RVZvB_1shF6hHtKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzMxNjczNzB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That's been up for an eternity, i'd say there's a hidden catch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That Yaris is absolutely class. There was a black one posted here a few months ago, also original Irish. I think there was something like 8 or 9 registered new here altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

the colt is feckin unreal, worth every penny of that imo - worth more outside of these borders anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

330,000km on the Yaris, would probably be enough to make anyone interested a bit nervous at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

That's been up for an eternity, i'd say there's a hidden catch.

The catch would be the 200,000 miles and 600 odd euro tax. You'd have to really like a Yaris!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

They essentially did, it's called the TRD Sports M version. Limited to 2500 units with lighter-weight parts and an upgraded ECU for higher RPM and about 220bhp

Tr_18 wrote: »
    They essentially did, it's called the TRD Sports M version. Limited to 2500 units with lighter-weight parts and an upgraded ECU for higher RPM and about 220bhp

No they didn't. Your figures are well off and so is your information.

They did do a sports m but it only made 200bhp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Magown3

The text in this ad is interesting to say the least.

eBay Audi

That sort of carry on is rife in Ireland too.

I've turned gangs away in the past after they've showed up to view something (usually BMW or Audi), always always trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I've turned gangs away in the past after they've showed up to view something (usually BMW or Audi), always always trouble.

Nomads no doubt?

Nomads no doubt?

Of the Transylvanian variety

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Magown3 wrote: »
    The text in this ad is interesting to say the least.

eBay Audi

Wouldn't it be funny if his turbo or whatever fake problem the scammers wanted to portray, was actually genuinely a fault

There's no way you could say anything lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

I've heard it's fairly rife with cars, particularly mid/late 2000's audi's and bmw's that are depreciated to the point of riff raff paying in cash affordability

I've had it happen to me before with a camera lens, two guys turned up and spent quite a bit of time inspecting it and then suddenly both agreed there was a scratch and were demanding a hefty discount for wasting their time. There was no scratch but both tried to convince me to the point of delirium that there was.

I can't imagine how daunting of a situation it would be for someone who is honestly selling a car and isn't mechanically minded getting this stroke pulled on them

Advertisement