Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Fúck sake some pictures. Foreign sweets too(foreign name also) maybe he throws them in for free if you buy it.

If anyones interested:
    Pics from road into Ballycotton
    Crossroads near Lidl in Midleton
    Road into Cobh under the railway bridge
    Nohaval near Kinsale.

No idea what the sweets are :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is he having a laugh?

just shy of half a mill

i think he's having a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

fryup wrote: »
    is he having a laugh?

just shy of half a mill

I haven't a clue what it's worth but there are plenty of rich people who collect cars and afaik that is a rare and original low mileage car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,327 ✭✭✭✭elperello

is he having a laugh?

just shy of half a mill

Judging by his stock list I'd say he's deadly serious.

Will he get near asking? Who knows.

What we do know is that it is a very rare car in original condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i suppose he's hoping Jeremy Clarkson will pay him a visit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

is he having a laugh?

just shy of half a mill

He's usually very dead on with valuations in fairness and is probably the authority on classic sales in the Uk

He has supplied quite a few cars for a few prominent collectors here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,484 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

gary550 wrote: »
    He's usually very dead on with valuations in fairness and is probably the authority on classic sales in the Uk

He has supplied quite a few cars for a few prominent collectors here

The stock on their website is just ridiculous. They have one of the Land Rovers from Spectre. yours for only £265K

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

The stock on their website is just ridiculous. They have one of the Land Rovers from Spectre. yours for only £265K

Phil Spectre ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,484 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Tzardine wrote: »
    Phil Spectre ?

the film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

is he having a laugh?

just shy of half a mill

If Hartleys have it, they have a fair idea of what someone is going to pay them for it, they shift through some amount of rare/high-end cars. (have a browse of their previously sold list - it's jawdropping)

for example they are also currently sitting on this McLaren F1 Longtail
    The first of only ten F1 GTR Longtail examples ever produced and the factory prototype/development car. First raced at the Suzuka 1000km where it ran in Lark Livery and boasts extensive Japanese race history.

One of only two F1 GTR Prototypes in private hands, the other owned by renowned collector Nick Mason. Chassis 19R was also the first Longtail to ever be converted to road specification, the work carried out by Lanzante and Gordon Murray Design.

mclaren-f1-gtr-036.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubliniift

I've given deposit and noticed rust on Honda Insight. Some yellow stick liquid is also there on joints.

Car is 2011, new import, 120k done. 7k, 1.3 L

Other option is an executive model at 8.5k which is 1.5 L and has paddel shifts and leather seats.

1. Rust a cause or concern

2. Which is better. I liked 1.3 to be smooth than 1.5. 1.5 made some strange noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Looks like someone sprayed grease on the hinges

PsychoPete wrote: »

Yep doesn't look like rust to me either.

Thanks should i be worried. Car looks pale in front of other cars with same dealer. Please see image attached.

Also does it make sense to spend 1500 on 1.5 l engine and half Heather seats.

I drive very slow anyways.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-insight-2011-smart-key-and-modulo-bodykit/27694268

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-insight-xclusive-2012-sports-package/28215194

Thanks. M.so confused.

Rear bumper looks to be a different shade of white to the rest of the car, might have taken some rear damage

Rear bumper looks to be a different shade of white to the rest of the car, might have taken some rear damage

That's a good spot. Thanks a lot.

Seems have to spend 1500 more on 1.5 :-(. I need cruise control guess that will be handy on motor way.

dubliniift wrote: »

Seems have to spend 1500 more on 1.5 :-(. I need cruise control guess that will be handy on motor way.

Seems 2011 has color things. Checked this on another dealer and looks like bumper is pale in one pic and not in another. For whatever reason 2010 and other years white is far better. Pics are from diff sites

dubliniift wrote: »

Another one

This nutjob nobody message me asking for pics. No pictures on a 10 grand car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-honda-civic-ek4-sir/28225942

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

This nutjob nobody message me asking for pics. No pictures on a 10 grand car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/1999-honda-civic-ek4-sir/28225942

Extremely sus that he refuses to send or upload pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭User1998

I asked him for photos just to piss him off, I suggest others do the same

An ad for a ek4 sir that says "never abused", really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

From the advert:

Price is not negotiable.Serious enquires only. won't be entertaining time wasters or replying to messages looking for pics or parts.

Maybe if Anto put photos up in the advert then people wouldn't be asking for them. I'd say you are dealing with a real gem of the human genepool there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

And no phone number, sure sign of a grade A bell end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

I suspect his Missus asked him to sell it and he told her stuck an ad up to placate her. £10k, no photos, and doing his best to dispel any potential buyers.

I find this a bit irritating when someone goes through the hassle of painting the car and wheels but wouldn't bother cleaning the engine bay instead just paint the fuel pump, heat shield and rocker cover especially if they are asking very strong money for it

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/toyota-starlet-1-3-2e-12v-1986/28237162

Getting a Japanese insight 2012 105KMs, Ex variant at 8500. Auction sheet rating is 3.5. I was expecting it to be 4. Is that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Posted in the dreamer thread as well, but how good is this advert eh :eek:

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/1989-spec1-r32gtr/28242608

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Not the worst offender, but this ad cracks me up every time I see it.

YWE4ZTZiYzYwOTJkZTBjNjhhMTFlY2IxNzZmMmI3Y2FVdp2Px9RQmboe5sf66C4taHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzY1NDY5NTR8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

read to the end for maximum Lulz.

• Advertisement

UKDM DC2. I should buy this but don't have the money. Out of curiosity how much would VRT be?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-integra-type-r/28242128

NTA2ZDM5YzllZDQ0YzlmMmYzYmVmOWY0ZTc1ODM5NGHKU4GRQAM8w6n3A6dD6AZcaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xODE3MjQ0NzR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

edit: Gone already. You should have seen how clean the underbody was. Dry stored for the passed 10 years.

Advertisement