Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,484 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Thought it was just reflection. No better photo?

Edit: pretty sure that's what it is, look at the floor and rear door.

The window surround is over it. It was a shadow it would be over the window surround

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

dubliniift wrote: »
    That's the only one. Reflection looks unlikely as even passenger door has marks. Looks like a high loory hit it from side

1. Glass is gone
    2. Door has lines
    3. Rear boot is gone.

I could be wrong, but imo it's just reflection.

Maybe you are right guys, but the resolution of the picture sux, so it's hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭User1998

I had my doubts and ordered the report online.Spend 10e and get a report - Then trusting blindly.

Guess what - See this :

https://8.ajes.com/imgs/e1fi7BIaiUk1J6j3SVtwxia3B71EL6KYrTUzpRpeGoBzdBzRnpUsJHHdj1W0JDqJ3otTbvrNWuZuksbM2Lvx4wF8ORheJGi9i3prUbDkFGhEobLWNm6p1h5mRuikhbJfJ

Not only that his auction sheet did not show all the info. His report only showed A1/A2 only.

Car was auctioned in 2019 and failed. Finally managed in 2020.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that car. Your spamming about 6 different threads now at this stage

The window surround is over it. It was a shadow it would be over the window surround

Good spot! Didn't see that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭User1998

If there was something wrong with the car it would be on the auction sheet. No question about it. Anyone who imports cars from Japan will tell you this

The only notes on the auction sheets are A’s and B’s which are barely noticeable scratches

If the car was damaged it would be grade R

All I’m seeing is people agreeing its a reflection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

User1998 wrote: »
    Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that car. Your spamming about 6 different threads now at this stage

I was about to post the same. The past few days he has been posting the same thing in different threads. Start a new thread for yourself is what you should have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubliniift

User1998 wrote: »
    If there was something wrong with the car it would be on the auction sheet. No question about it. Anyone who imports cars from Japan will tell you this

The only notes on the auction sheets are A’s and B’s which are barely noticeable scratches

If the car was damaged it would be grade R

All I’m seeing is people agreeing its a reflection

I m booking an eyes test soon. Sorry. Damn why me alone.

What's the outcome. Shadow or damage.

Still don't know, as I said resolution sux. When I looked at your first post picture, straight away it was reflection for me. But as I said I could be wrong. On the other hand, would they post it like that with auction sheet saying otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like a reflection to me but hard to be 100% sure as the quality of the photo is so poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

No disrespect but I think you’re looking way too deep into it. I don’t see any damage at all, just poor quality photos :confused:

I dont know as it didnt find buyer in 2019 auction and finally sold in 2020.

I had to post images as 9k is decent money for me for a used car 2011 car.

Sorry to bother is all i can say. Weird that this shadow is this way. I have another pic which shows there is wall to other side and hence how can this be a shadow.

No damage on first pic as far as I can see

No disrespect but I think you’re looking way too deep into it. I don’t see any damage at all, just poor quality photos :confused:

Yea I do not see the issue. He said the dealer is trying to sell him a damaged car that was fixed. It's only small damage if there is any. When I read the first post of this today I was expecting some write off damage not small hits that could have happened in a shopping carpark.

It's a reflection of the door it looks to be to me.

Yea I do not see the issue. He said the dealer is trying to sell him a damaged car that was fixed. It's only small damage if there is any. When I read the first post of this today I was expecting some write off damage not small hits that could have happened in a shopping carpark.

Point was about Auction sheet rating as B2 while pictures showed it a lot worse. Now all are saying reflection, so that case can be off the table. BTW what little damage ur talking abt, I see nothing if we consider that above was a reflection.

Is this reflection. I'm sleeping then.

Of course it's a reflection if the glass broke it would be all dark where the rear passenger side window is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

You should probably just buy a car that's already on a forecourt in Ireland... Auctions clearly aren't for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Thanks. If this car was sold in Jan'20 why only now will it hit Dublin? 1.5 Years it was in transit? Normal?

There could be a million different (legitimate) reasons for that. The global pandemic that closed all the world’s ports last year would be my bet

You should probably just buy a car that's already on a forecourt in Ireland... Auctions clearly aren't for you

agreed. not a SHADOW of doubt in it. lol

The auction sheet only says that every panel had a scratch of some description, which in most cases a polish will take out. The G on the windscreen is a chip, I'm not sure why you think the dealer is hiding 'damage'.

I took it back.. All I had said rear passenger side was damaged.

BTW the sheet which dealer shared with me only had A1/A2. This auction sheet is sourced from Online site.

G does not matter. I was worried about passenger side was gone, which everyone said was a reflection.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Reason I was paranoid was initially I had selected a white car and people on this forum said bumper looks repaired. Same guy promised me nothing is wrong and he will not sell a R CAR.

See the Grading sheet. Also for wine red red grading sheet of dealer only had a1 or a2. Nothing else. That is diff than online version. Hence the caution or over cautious approach.

So my first 2 cars both were repaired, had to be suspicious when I saw those images. C3 was inspected by mechanic at cost of 150e and he said it was welded badly in rear and I should not buy as it will fail NCT.

Second was white Insight and third made me look bad here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Can you attach the dealers sheet for the wine car and the sheet you purchased online for the same car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not a fan of the car but must say great photography technique

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-volkswagen-lupo-nctd-amp-taxed/28313152

how did he manage to get the car so in focus and background so distant (maybe i should be asking in photography?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,484 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

fryup wrote: »

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2000-volkswagen-lupo-nctd-amp-taxed/28313152

how did he manage to get the car so in focus and background so distant (maybe i should be asking in photography?)

photography forum is the place to ask. Ask about bokeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gary550

fryup wrote: »

by the looks of the photo it is probably a setting on his phone such as portrait mode on an iPhone (or could be an app either).

background blur (or bokeh) you'd get from a camera with a low aperture lens is a lot more consistent and natural looking and carries a fairly prominent depth of field rather that being patchy.

Nice photos all the same, the first line of the ad is quite funny though - "these are rare cars" - might have something to do with the fact most have been scrapped!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

It's all relative but I wouldn't consider them to be rare in my everyday use of the word rare. As alluded to rare does not necessarily correlate to a good thing.
    Some of them photos really do make it look like a toy car though:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

It's all relative but I wouldn't consider them to be rare in my everyday use of the word rare. As alluded to rare does not necessarily correlate to a good thing.
    Some of them photos really do make it look like a toy car though:)

Are they collectible?
    Doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,327 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    Are they collectible?
    Doubt it.

They would be attractive to VW fans.

At this stage there are not many left and they are cheap so now is the time to buy.

I'm not sure that's one to preserve but if you got a nice one owner garaged car it might be a nice thing to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

elperello wrote: »
    They would be attractive to VW fans.

At this stage there are not many left and they are cheap so now is the time to buy.

I'm not sure that's one to preserve but if you got a nice one owner garaged car it might be a nice thing to have.

I'd love a Lupo GTI, clean lines and a 1.6 litre engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

Advertisement