Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

bazz26 wrote: »
    Odd spec on that Avensis. Ultra rare 2.4 that was offered here but it doesn't have leather seats with the lesser 2.0 litre SOL model had here. I wonder is it an Australian import?

Yeah, I only asked if they were sold here new because the cloth seats scream "Aus import" to me

I don't know if Australia got the Avensis in the exact same guise as we did though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/toyota-avensis/22092127

OTFiOGQxNTdiNTIzNDQwMWZjNDYxOGY3ZWNlZTQ0Y2GEXg3l0BahVAO7W-gHlduxaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjYxMTcwNDJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

2.4 petrol Avensis

Were these sold here new?

Imagine paying over 1k to tax an eventless:(

Well....its gone somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

bazz26 wrote: »
    Odd spec on that Avensis. Ultra rare 2.4 that was offered here but it doesn't have leather seats with the lesser 2.0 litre SOL model had here. I wonder is it an Australian import?

The Sol didn’t have leather as standard, it was an option. The Sol had very little over the Luna in reality.

The UK T Spirit model had a good few extras over the Irish spec (which wasn’t actually branded a 2.4 Sol as far as I remember, just 2.4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, I only asked if they were sold here new because the cloth seats scream "Aus import" to me

I don't know if Australia got the Avensis in the exact same guise as we did though

They actually exported the Mk2 to Japan so it's conceivable that they found their way to Australia/NZ too. The estate was definitely sold in Australia/NZ for a time.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Sol didn’t have leather as standard, it was an option. The Sol had very little over the Luna in reality.

The UK T Spirit model had a good few extras over the Irish spec (which wasn’t actually branded a 2.4 Sol as far as I remember, just 2.4)

Makes you wonder why they bothered offering it here then with the only significant difference being the engine size and price tag. VRT responsable again.

• Advertisement

I thought they only got the Avensis Verso in oz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭pah

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/vw-golf-gti/21831937

Unabused, mature owner.

What do we think?

pah wrote: »

Unabused, mature owner.

What do we think?

Skid marks,an aux cord and a tin of Lynx ! Mature ??:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I was just coming on to post the very same thing.

There’s 4 owners. They were all mature?

Are the side skirts supposed to be black?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

They look like marks from truck turning to me as opposed to wheelie burner marks :)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are the side skirts supposed to be black?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

I'd love that.

And yes,, skirts were black from the factory. hat tip to black bits on original gti i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Gotta say, for all the slagging that's a hell of a lot of car for the money. I've had one for the last 5 years with similar mileage (better spec admittedly) and I'll probably run it until it's uneconomical to repair, because at those prices it's worth more to me than the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Technique

Technique wrote: »

Love the other one he has
    https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/lexus-is250-breaking-only/21856429

I’d say he has a garage to be fair which explains the pillars somewhat (and the surplus random wheels)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

pah wrote: »

Unabused, mature owner.

What do we think?

The aux cable wouldn't worry me but the donut marks on the concrete would make me question the mechanical sympathy of the driver. 05 with a sunroof also means no A/C. It's one of the few I've seen that the drivers seat bolster isn't in **** though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭tc20

The aux cable wouldn't worry me but the donut marks on the concrete would make me question the mechanical sympathy of the driver.

I'd wager the tyre marks could be from an artic swinging a trailer around - photos are taken in an industrial estate and some of the marks look (to me) much wider than Golf tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

The aux cable wouldn't worry me but the donut marks on the concrete would make me question the mechanical sympathy of the driver. 05 with a sunroof also means no A/C. It's one of the few I've seen that the drivers seat bolster isn't in **** though

I'd rather a sunroof than A/C personally. I mean how often do you NEED A/C?
    Like two days a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,235 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Like two days a year.

Regularly, it's not just for cooling the car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

Like two days a year.

There's not a day goes by I don't use air-con. Coming back from the gym to work it's a necessity and any warm day at all it's vital.

I wouldn't buy a car without it. Can't see the attraction of a sunroof at all!

Horses for courses and all that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have both A/C and a sunroof, I use the A/C more than the sunroof. You don't need to be in the middle-east to only need A/C. A/C is ideal for Ireland's climate because using A/C to demist the windows is perfect on those glorious cold or muggy drizzly days we get so often here. Its used to get rid of the moisture in the cabin, not just for chilling the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

I haven't turned the A/C off in my car in the 18 months i have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Following some advice on here I left the AC permanently switched on and I've never had to demist the car all winter. I've noticed no difference in fuel use either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Following some advice on here I left the AC permanently switched on and I've never had to demist the car all winter. I've noticed no difference in fuel use either.

I always have cold air blowing onto my front window by default on the lowest setting. I don’t use the A/C for it and it’s the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I always have cold air blowing onto my front window by default on the lowest setting. I don’t use the A/C for it and it’s the same.

It's not really. It dehumidifies the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It would be much much better to clear your windscreen and I'd even say safer than waiting for it to clear using the conventional standard fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭pah

I reckon that's just a phone charger tbh, not an aux cable

You got good advice there James

• Advertisement

morritty wrote: »
    I haven't turned the A/C off in my car in the 18 months i have it.

Since 2009. Not once

Advertisement