Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

millington wrote: »
    I absolutely hate when dealers plaster the interior in shiny silicon based dressings :(

Shiny = new to a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2001-fiat-panda-hobby-lhd/23616006

MTdhNDZmMDU1NDA3NmExNzAwNmUzZjgyOWI4OWMyNGR6E9wxA-rmxlsztmZeof5AaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzczMzc5ODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

01 Panda! This is class, but I don't really see it being worth anywhere near 3500

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Gorteen

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/2001-fiat-panda-hobby-lhd/23616006

MTdhNDZmMDU1NDA3NmExNzAwNmUzZjgyOWI4OWMyNGR6E9wxA-rmxlsztmZeof5AaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzczMzc5ODZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

01 Panda! This is class, but I don't really see it being worth anywhere near 3500

I'd debate giving more than €1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Another FIAT... I absolutely love this!!!
    FIAT2.jpg
    FIAT.jpg

Apologies it's a facebook link!
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2261699860811755/

126p with straight piped 1.2 punto engine for 2799....
    No mention of tax/NCT...

God it's lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Another FIAT... I absolutely love this!!!
    FIAT2.jpg
    FIAT.jpg

Apologies it's a facebook link!
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2261699860811755/

126p with straight piped 1.2 punto engine for 2799....
    No mention of tax/NCT...

God it's lovely!

That registration number is wrong. It doesn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

pablo128 wrote: »
    That registration number is wrong. It doesn't exist.

there is too many 1s hahaha
    it should be 97D120151

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

there is too many 1s hahaha
    it should be 97D120151

You're right.

Why would they do that?

It can't be ncted if it has the wrong reg and a straight pipe either.

I'm not knocking the car here. It's probably a well built machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Can't see why you'd bother tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Could you legally insure it?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

No, you would be in very hot water if you found yourself involved in an accident in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Says it's a conversion on the add, so must have been a 1.2 originally

Call me skeptical...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Advert says it's a GTi conversion so started out in life as a 1.2 litre if believed. Financially I could not see how it would make any sense to spend that money on converting it just for cheaper insurance unless you had easy access to a donor genuine GTi and it questions was the original 1.2 car bought cheap too. The whole thing stinks anyway so I wouldn't touch it with a barge poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’d have to wonder where the parts came from too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Call me skeptical...

Hi Skeptical :D

Wouldn't touch that with someone else's Barge pole but wouldn't it have been so much cooler if they had of left it looking like a 1.2 on the outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

tossy wrote: »
    Hi Skeptical :D

Wouldn't touch that with someone else's Barge pole but wouldn't it have been so much cooler if they had of left it looking like a 1.2 on the outside.

It reminded me of your one albeit your one being the 1.6.....:p:p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Truckermal wrote: »
    It reminded me of your one albeit your one being the 1.6.....:p:p:p

Blue motion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Markcheese wrote: »
    Could you legally insure it?
    Yes once you declared all the modifications to your insurance company.

If you told them it was just a 1.2 then the insurance wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on.

Insurance won't care what it's taxed as - that's where revenue come in.

Given that the seller doesn't hide the registration, it'd be ironic if revenue paid them a visit to pursue back tax

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Yes once you declared all the modifications to your insurance company.

If you told them it was just a 1.2 then the insurance wouldn't be worth the paper it was printed on.

Insurance won't care what it's taxed as - that's where revenue come in.

Given that the seller doesn't hide the registration, it'd be ironic if revenue paid them a visit to pursue back tax

Under the emissions based tax system, if you change the engine for a different one, the tax bracket remains the same.

So does it have independent rear suspension? Is it interchangeable with the torsion beam system the 1.2 has?

I was a watching a YouTube review of a 205 GTi, not a review from back in 88-9? but from today's point of view. So looked them up on Donedeal and came across this one quite pricey imo but it does look to be in great shape considering it's age.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/peugeot-205-gti-1-9-1992/22462218

MGRkYzBjZGZkNzNkMDgzNjMyNDE2OTg0MjY3ZGVlN2KmadFoZD-2FWlYjHPdy05faHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMjg5NTIyMDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I was a watching a YouTube review of a 205 GTi, not a review from back in 88-9? but from today's point of view. So looked them up on Donedeal and came across this one quite pricey imo but it does look to be in great shape considering it's age.
    ]

They have a big following and an owners club in Ireland. Backroads.ie would give you better value for money than donedeal I imagine.

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    They have a big following and an owners club in Ireland. Backroads.ie would give you better value for money than donedeal I imagine.

I'm not in the market for one it was just the review made me remember them and not seeing them around at all really. I remember about 18 years ago I was working on a building site in the local town there was one abandoned with other cars beside the site and I remember looking at it thinking what a waste. I should have really went up for a closer look and see if the engine or box was still in there.

I wonder what happened it. If it had the engine it would be worth a few quid now if you moved it into a shed the past 18 years. As it was still in good shape back then.

They were a belter of a car. Genuinely a thrill to drive hard. I had the pleasure of driving several of them, and also a 309Gti for the best part of a day aswell. How I didn't die in that car I'll never know. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭skibum

Harry's Garage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

skibum wrote: »
    Harry's Garage ?

Bingo!!!
    Was just gonna say the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

pablo128 wrote: »
    Under the emissions based tax system, if you change the engine for a different one, the tax bracket remains the same.
    Even if the emissions are different? That doesn't sound right :confused:

• Advertisement

Top Dog wrote: »
    Even if the emissions are different? That doesn't sound right :confused:

That’s what it is though.
    Before you’d just give them the cc of the new (or fictional) engine and they would tax accordingly. Now if you put a random engine into a car, there won’t be an emissions figure for it.

Advertisement