Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Yeah, it is clean and nostalgic but it's got no tax or trust and needs a headgadket, €100 car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Also what kind of driving was it doing to blow ahead gasket at 12k miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I would all day long great find duke!!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Yeah, it is clean and nostalgic but it's got no tax or trust and needs a headgadket, €100 car.

Yeah think your right here, and a head gasket after 12k??? WTF?? You can bet it needs a clutch too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Also what kind of driving was it doing to blow ahead gasket at 12k miles.

I’d say you’d drive that home and there’d just be a bit of condensation on the oil cap!

• Advertisement

I’d say you’d drive that home and there’d just be a bit of condensation on the oil cap!

Maybe.

If you could do the work yourself it wouldn't be too bad. I've watched YouTubers take off the head and glue sandpaper to a think piece of glass and sand it down and use a metal ruler with feeler gauge to see how flat it was. Then also glue more sandpaper to another smaller flat object and go at the block while still in car.

If you could do that it wouldn't be too bad but it still is a basic car not as if it is some sought after hot hatch.

Came across this. Vintage tax and not many around. I only seen one in the metal about 3 years ago with out seeing any for at least 10 years if not more. Still a bit dear imo so may be hard to shift.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-crx-dohc-b16-vtec-170bhp-vintage-tax/24032455

MGRlZTJjMGI4MTRlZmYwN2FjYjQ5YjYwMjY0NjBhMTAUG8ugUQ9PYjc_KPraBGj_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE4Nzk4MDh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That’s well worth whacking in a shed for 15 years.

Here is one that's done up like max power. Someone parked this up in a clean shed and maintained it during the economy bust. Not too gone on this one.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-crx-sir-1-6-dohc-v-tec/24183699

MWVlZjhmYjcyMTE3ZWI4MDJkMDMxZjk0OWVhZDU0MDPJ3kuuhZxHFrKG5IE5iMnLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE3MjI2Mjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭inajock

That’s well worth whacking in a shed for 15 years.

Will need belts done on it.big job

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭Osamabindipper

inajock wrote: »
    Will need belts done on it.big job

15 years to do them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thoughts on this Audi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Here is one that's done up like max power. Someone parked this up in a clean shed and maintained it during the economy bust. Not too gone on this one.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-crx-sir-1-6-dohc-v-tec/24183699

MWVlZjhmYjcyMTE3ZWI4MDJkMDMxZjk0OWVhZDU0MDPJ3kuuhZxHFrKG5IE5iMnLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE3MjI2Mjl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I know the owner, he only built it in the last 5 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

fire_man wrote: »
    Thoughts on this Audi?

What's the Nox charge?

Not sure would the Nox price be included in price 15750?Is it still good value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the VRT included in it?

Is it being sold in ROI? Dealer or private individual?

Yes it's being sold in ROI by dealer.Vrt included.

Nox would have to be included so as you won’t get a reg number without paying it.

Dealer is going to register the car for you i assume

yes he will.What you think of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Thoughts on this Audi?

Is that basic spec, can only see one photo on my phone?
    2015 is the old model. You probably could import a basic spec of the new 2016 model for that price. It's a euro6 engine so the Nox is low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭passatman86

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I know the owner, he only built it in the last 5 years

Jesus!

I hope it was a wreck that he as good as saved. That'd mitigate things somewhat, but if it was a clean genuine sir what he has done there is akin to setting fire to a large some of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Jesus!

I hope it was a wreck that he as good as saved. That'd mitigate things somewhat, but if it was a clean genuine sir what he has done there is akin to setting fire to a large some of money.

Nope, just his... Style...

He has another one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Nope, just his... Style...

He has another one too.

Well at least he's not breaking them...

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

I’d have serious doubts about the quality of the reshell job.

Car is still red in the logbook, you can see the red on the inside of the passenger door. Electric windows not transferred across, you’d wonder what else wasn’t done.
    It has no originality value. Cheaper insurance maybe
    .car will come with the original logbook off the gt if that's your thing I couldn't care what shell it's down as irish or jap only difference is 2 letters on a piece of paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

yes he will.What you think of price?

Big money I sold a top spec one with Xenons etc before Christmas for €15K that's only worth about 13.5K..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I’d have serious doubts about the quality of the reshell job.

Car is still red in the logbook, you can see the red on the inside of the passenger door. Electric windows not transferred across, you’d wonder what else wasn’t done.
    It has no originality value. Cheaper insurance maybe

With the engine out he could have at least given the engine bay a quick blast of black paint. You'd import a genuine one for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

325i with blown engine, asking 1500

ZTUyMjZlNzdmYTJkNGY1OTEwZmI2Nzg3ZWY0MDgwYjCxtZXQGU1DQXbpvCjEk-2FaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE2ODkwMzZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-325i/24179712

• Advertisement

What would it be worth in running order?

Advertisement