Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,093 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What would it be worth in running order?
    probably within 125-130% of current asking imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

What would it be worth in running order?

Maybe 2k, €2250. Guessing it's an auto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Thought it was a bit pricey at 5k (must be the vintage tax) but seems as though it was previously listed at 8k :eek:

Y2MyMTkxMjk5MmJiMDQxMzI5MmIzY2U1OTJkODRhNDbZLVlixIYRlyFeBk7T6WEJaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIxMTUyMTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

IMO the convetable wouldnt have as much a following as the hardtop and should be worth a good bit less.

The cheap tax may be artificially inflating it a bit but it's a 3-4k car as it is really.

• Advertisement

IMO the convetable wouldnt have as much a following as the hardtop and should be worth a good bit less.

The cheap tax may be artificially inflating it a bit but it's a 3-4k car as it is really.

It's also an Automatic Celica.

sick.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Your right. Never really looked before posting. Not worth the price so if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Nice looking
    How are this ones?

http://www.adverts.ie/19856437

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/wv-polo-12-000-miles-00-reg-998cc/24218159

YzhhNDdjOTZkOGUyZmQ0MDBmZTM1OGI2MDlhYjQ4MmExXFuxVmqitpmKcdJuHl9kaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIwMzAzNDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

00 Polo with 12k miles. 500 quid

Needs a head gasket!

Tempted..
    I’d say you’d drive that home and there’d just be a bit of condensation on the oil cap!

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/vw-poloonly-12-000mlssuperb-condition/24261813

NjdlMTdkNDEyYTJlNDEwMmEwMDNhODJmZmE1ZmZjYWbI7tGQOpwkmt4liXLjjggiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDIzNjM1ODF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nice mark up! €3k now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fair play. It was on a plate to anyone who wanted to make a few quid.

Can’t see him getting over €1750 but still, not a bad days work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rn

That alfa has hints of BMW, audi and the kia optima in exterior shape and styling terms, but has successfully blended the best bits to create a beautiful motor outside and inside.

Fair play. It was on a plate to anyone who wanted to make a few quid.

Can’t see him getting over €1750 but still, not a bad days work.

What did I say about the head gasket. Knew it.

Still needs an NCT to be worth any 4 figure amount IMO. Look at that 93 Charade in Longford with 8k miles, still for sale @ 1k. Stuff like this is a hard sale unless you are Deane Motors

It’s very nice though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Stuff like this is a hard sale unless you are Deane Motors
    I genuinely struggle to understand why people will fall over themselves to pay massive amounts of money to them and ignore genuine good cars from other sellers on donedeal.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    I genuinely struggle to understand why people will fall over themselves to pay massive amounts of money to them and ignore genuine good cars from other sellers on donedeal.

You’re telling me!

He is doing something right anyway

A good valet......I've seen some cars and I genuinely think the valet is being under paid for the work they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

You’re telling me!

Success attracts success. People who are smart enough to have the disposable cash to afford nice classics will tend to seek out others who are equally professional and dont mind paying the premium. The last thing they want is to deal with someone who's driven a classic for the last 2 years for the 'chape tax' and never had a bean to maintain the car properly.

It's not foolproof obviously, but time is money and if you can get a good car from a pro it can save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

Deane motors probably shifts a lot if that stuff on consignment, so just adds marketing/networking skills to the mix. It's like Joe Macari in London: if you have a nice car to sell, he knows who is looking for it and will charge you 15% for that knowledge. It's all about knowing where the buyers are.

True. I’ve said it before, but some lads out there are happy to pay a premium to someone else who will endure the hassle of finding a car, travelling to it, bringing it into Ireland, prepping it, VRTing it etc. I would guess a lot of his customers are those very lads.

I know his cousin, and met them at Terenure last year. Sound lads who are very much living the dream!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Just looking at Deane Motors' stock. Some nice stuff there but €95,000.00 for a LHD, >40 year old Dodge Charger? :rolleyes:

True, I don't mean to come across as a begrudger towards them or anyone like them. Fair play to them for making a business out of it but I've seen some of the cars they've sold and let's just say I won't be rushing to buy no matter how clean the pictures make the cars look.

Fools and their money springs to mind. They're selling old cars and people forget this.

• Advertisement

Just looking at Deane Motors' stock. Some nice stuff there but €95,000.00 for a LHD, >40 year old Dodge Charger? :rolleyes:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I ****ing hate Deane motors.

Everyone now with a battered old 1980's fiesta suddenly think its worth 9k cos Deane motors are asking that.

I honestly don't understand how they're in business, their prices are laughable.

Just looked at their stock, same cars that were there 6 months ago plus a few additions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Speaking of cars that are potentially overpriced...

https://www.ocmmotors.ie/product/time-warp-mercedes-250d/

This is lovely and rare.
    But a manual, 250D with cloth and hubcaps for €20k?

I dunno. I guess it's impossible put a price on that car as it's pretty much unique.

Having said all that, if I had a **** load of cash I'd probably buy it and stick it in the shed.

W123-80's wrote: »
    Speaking of cars that are potentially overpriced...

https://www.ocmmotors.ie/product/time-warp-mercedes-250d/

This is lovely and rare.
    But a manual, 250D with cloth and hubcaps for €20k?

I dunno. I guess it's impossible put a price on that car as it's pretty much unique.

Having said all that, if I had a **** load of cash I'd probably buy it and stick it in the shed.

I must be the only person who doesn't like leather? My last maybe 10 cars had leather seats, freeze you to death in the winter and burn the hole of you in summer. I love a nice alcantara interior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Artic White
    1-E852-DCE-6-ECE-4035-A0-E7-FFCDC3-C151-C3.jpg

Arctic White
    C8-A26-AF5-4-C72-4269-ABEC-CD38-DDE369-DF.jpg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mg-zr-for-sale/24256778

Another cheap and chancey MG.

Looks very nice and tidy, one owner and claimed service history. Bonus points for being a facelift too.

Sold by a trader, small money, looks like it's already done a test and failed.

I would.

In fact, if it's still advertised tomorrow, I might :pac:.

A nice pre facelift in that blue would be the dream really, but get that bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

TFB, give him a call and see what it failed on.... How bad could it be!! :pac:

Loads of nice old rovers up lately. i'd love one but i got stuck with a Peugeot convertible over the winter, so cant get anything new until I shift that first. :mad:

Also, I was all set for a nice Volvo V70 ocean race to replace my surfmobile ( the blue Stilo) only the bloody thing went and passed the NCT so I'm stuck with that until the end of March 2021 now!!

4 years and counting for 350 odd euros.

The trick with something like that is getting it past SWMBO, as they say.

Best idea would be to just not say anything and land home with it. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/nissan-micra-1-0-gx-auto-only-very-low-miles-14k/24103788

YjVjNDY3MjRhMjFjNTgyZWViY2FkNjE3NTg0YWIzOGKixsrd1QWOm4d-U0aR8-dLaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDExMTQyMjd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Micra with 14k miles

Loads of low mileage stuff coming out of the woodwork lately

Advertisement