Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

What's peoples thoughts on this? Expensive comes to mind. It is clean but mad money and low milleage but the owners are counting, you will be the forth in Ireland so fifth overall if you decide you fancy throwing money away.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2006-toyota-celica-t-sport-vvtl-i-192bhp/24232362

You’ll be the fifth owner, 3 previous owners + current owner/seller + buyer/new owner

Absolutely ludicrous money IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Its Deane Motors money for that Celica. Lovely example but not worth next nor near that price. It's a €2k ish car.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rare-low-mileage-vw-polo-diesel/24282208

ODk1MDlkYmUyYjgzMDhjMDJjMWIxZGVhOWZjZmY5N2PlpJ2t72F_q0oqf1WzZVddaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI1NDQ4ODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel 6N Polo with 50k miles. This is surprisingly...appealing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Is that the non turbo SDI engine? He has some other unusual cars for sale too, especially the Citroen BX GTi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yeah non turbo.

Who buys and taxes a 1.9 diesel to do 2,300 miles a year.

• Advertisement

Michelin tyres too. I know its been jazzed up for the photos but I'd say it's a very tidy car. He better get used to looking at it for €1650 though.

Michelin tyres too. I know its been jazzed up for the photos but I'd say it's a very tidy car. He better get used to looking at it for €1650 though.

The same guy bought a Corsa A from your good self many years if I’m not mistaken. Sound chap who knows how to find interesting bits and pieces

The same guy bought a Corsa A from your good self many years if I’m not mistaken. Sound chap who knows how to find interesting bits and pieces

Jaysis, small world :) never actually met him, he sent a lad with a trailer to pick it up. Think that was 2014 or so?

Wonder where that car ever ended up?

Yeah, that was my brother who picked it up! He never got very far with the Corsa. As far as I remember it was on the road for a brief period, but then he got a similar vintage red K10 and put lots of money into making that mint. He only sold it (the Micra) maybe a year or 18 months ago.

I was going to buy the Corsa in around 2017, but didn’t for one reason or another. It eventually found a new owner but I don’t know what has happened to it since!

Jaysis, didnt know it was your brother! Yeah, cant remember the reg now to check either, 87ww1319 or something like that. Was a tidy little thing at the time.

Mercedes with a years test for €950.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-a-class-hatchback-1-5-petrol-black/24231457

Edit: thought this was the bangernomics thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭jmreire

My arse it's the one colour.

Honda.jpg

Yes it is on that side, clearly a different color, but on the other side ( the one I was looking at ) every panel, depending on it's angle towards the light looks different. If you have a metallic colored car, with one side facing the light, just open one of the doors a bit, and it will look like a different color. This is because the metallic flakes in the paint reflect light differently depending on the angle they face the light at. Change the angle, and the colors look different. This is why metallic paint has to be "faded out" on to the adjoining panel's to get a match. Clearly, this did not happen with the wing in the pic......you cannot spray to a line and expect it to match, and this is exactly what has happened in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/rare-low-mileage-vw-polo-diesel/24282208

ODk1MDlkYmUyYjgzMDhjMDJjMWIxZGVhOWZjZmY5N2PlpJ2t72F_q0oqf1WzZVddaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI1NDQ4ODN8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Diesel 6N Polo with 50k miles. This is surprisingly...appealing

I looked this up thinking it would be a little rocket. Wikipedia is telling me that it's only 63bhp from a 1.9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭jmreire

Jaysis, didnt know it was your brother! Yeah, cant remember the reg now to check either, 87ww1319 or something like that. Was a tidy little thing at the time.

Mercedes with a years test for €950.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mercedes-benz-a-class-hatchback-1-5-petrol-black/24231457

Edit: thought this was the bangernomics thread.

Generally, I'd be a bit of a Mercedes fan, but what are these "A" series like? Are they considered reliable?..Looks like a nice handy runabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

jmreire wrote: »
    Yes it is on that side, clearly a different color, but on the other side ( the one I was looking at ) every panel, depending on it's angle towards the light looks different. If you have a metallic colored car, with one side facing the light, just open one of the doors a bit, and it will look like a different color. This is because the metallic flakes in the paint reflect light differently depending on the angle they face the light at. Change the angle, and the colors look different. This is why metallic paint has to be "faded out" on to the adjoining panel's to get a match. Clearly, this did not happen with the wing in the pic......you cannot spray to a line and expect it to match, and this is exactly what has happened in this case.

I know, I have seen cars before, I even owned a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I looked this up thinking it would be a little rocket. Wikipedia is telling me that it's only 63bhp from a 1.9!

I knew it was slow without looking up the specs. All modern diesel since 2000(roughly, you could get some back then and before that were TC) have been turbo charged so with have more oomph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

I knew it was slow without looking up the specs. Nearly or mostly all modern diesels since 2000(roughly, you could get some back then and before that were TC) have been turbo charged so will have more oomph.

True, but I was thinking back to older naturally aspirated diesels like Toyota's which had 75bhp from the 1.4 IIRC.

True, but I was thinking back to older naturally aspirated diesels like Toyota's which had 75bhp from the 1.4 IIRC.

Which engines that or what cars did they come in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement

The 75bhp 1.4 was turbocharged. Toyota would struggle to get that from a NA 2.0 diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Murt102

everlast75 wrote: »

Strange one. Don’t think they’re the usual alloys that come with a GTI, and I thought the GTI had different headlights. Could be wrong, I’m not too up to date with them! Seems very very cheap.

It's an impressively low spec, if it was any lower spec'd it'd be a 1.2. I'd say its genuine.

It’s a GTI alright. Petrol flap looks wrong.
    Thought headlights had the red line through them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Not on the halogens...I don't think they actually expected someone to buy one without so they're the same as the rest of the range.

Compared to others that car needs to be cheap, 2015 had all the spec and this was a left over car from the previous year. It's been for sale a long time. I prefer the 17s to the polished Austin's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

Looking for my first car and test drove this yesterday, thought it looked lovely online. Enjoyed driving it - very quiet and responsive car. However...

Wasn't expecting perfection from the price but was shocked at how much of a mess it was inside and out. Photos speak for themselves!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-audi-a3/24239750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Yeah non turbo.

Who buys and taxes a 1.9 diesel to do 2,300 miles a year.
    The same people who were of the mindset back in the day that you were guaranteed to save money by going diesel (your annual mileage was irrelevant).
    Had one of those Polo's with the 1.0 litre petrol engine back in the day for a few months. A horrendous little thing I thought. Seemed pretty fragile and tinny.

Garzard wrote: »
    Looking for my first car and test drove this yesterday, thought it looked lovely online. Enjoyed driving it - very quiet and responsive car. However...

Wasn't expecting perfection from the price but was shocked at how much of a mess it was inside and out. Photos speak for themselves!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-audi-a3/24239750

That's a car best avoided. You'd do far better with a €2k budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

That's a car best avoided. You'd do far better with a €2k budget.

Few more of those Audis within the €3-4k mark I'm going to look at in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Would be 2k a good price?

http://www.adverts.ie/19886591

Advertisement