Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It would be about right.
    Executive is a weird spec though. Personally I don’t think leather adds anything to the interior, and is at odds with the rest of it.
    The cheaper tax bumps up the price. If that was a year older it would be worth approx €700 less.
    It’s prob worth paying the bit extra for the cheaper tax, as it will be easier to sell on.
    I’d look out for an ES or EX spec in a different colour ideally.

I just sold my one a few months ago, the black is quite hard to keep and it marks/scratches a bit too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Garzard wrote: »
    Few more of those Audis within the €3-4k mark I'm going to look at in the next few weeks.

Get yourself over to the Bangernomics thread, some great ones go up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Garzard wrote: »
    Looking for my first car and test drove this yesterday, thought it looked lovely online. Enjoyed driving it - very quiet and responsive car. However...

Wasn't expecting perfection from the price but was shocked at how much of a mess it was inside and out. Photos speak for themselves!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2008-audi-a3/24239750

Regardless of price, thats a shocking car for a dealer to retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Garzard

millington wrote: »
    Regardless of price, thats a shocking car for a dealer to retail.

Reviews I read before visiting were all praising the place so came away quite disappointed. Car hadn't been cleaned in the slightest and was covered in stains and tree sap, and sticky all over the inside too.

Without meaning to go off topic, I asked to take the car out for about 20mins and the dealer on duty was very reluctant on that and questioned why I'd need it that long, but relented on 15mins when I mentioned it was my first ever test drive and thus I'd be slower to figure out and get to know the car. Being inexperienced I could very well be wrong, but I'd have assumed 20mins would be the advised minimum to test drive something, especially a secondhand vehicle of that age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cars of that value being sold by dealers are usually just traded cast offs that larger dealers took as trade ins but really are too rough/old to retail themselves. In that price range most dealers are simply not going to spend any sort of money on the car even on cosmetic work. They don't know anything about the car's history and just want to flip it and maximize their profit. The warranty wouldn't even be worth much if there was one.

You would be better off buying private in that price range from someone who has owned the car for a while and has looked after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭theintern

Not on the halogens...I don't think they actually expected someone to buy one without so they're the same as the rest of the range.

Compared to others that car needs to be cheap, 2015 had all the spec and this was a left over car from the previous year. It's been for sale a long time. I prefer the 17s to the polished Austin's though.

If all that's important to you is the GTI engine then it could be a great deal, but it's missing a heck of a lot.

LED headlights, parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, smaller wheels, dual zone climate and more I'm forgetting. They really did have terrible spec in the first year or so (which was late 2013 so this one likely sat around for a while, as previously mentioned).

OEM headlights would cost about 1500 or so to put in (non OEM probably about 600 or so?), and you'd want a set of rep Pretorias or Santiagos (~500) to make the car look 'right'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-saxo-vtr/24255218

Looks lovely. Probably be over €2k on Irish plates but even at that it'd be a decent deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/citroen-saxo-vtr/24255218

Looks lovely. Probably be over €2k on Irish plates but even at that it'd be a decent deal IMO.

What makes this over €2k vs say a 1.6L petrol 2003 Golf which I imagine would sell for ~€500?

Is it just the fact that its a smaller/lighter car which makes it more peppy and fun to drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Very fond memories of my VTR being lashed around back roads, might even have been better craic than my DC2. Worth 2k all day for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,935 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Any views on this one? Same price as the one I posted recently. Two years older but a lot more spec

https://www.carsireland.ie/car-dealers/county/dublin/autoviva-motors/detail.php?ad_id=2494243&r=s.php%3F%26g%3D1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Very fond memories of my VTR being lashed around back roads, might even have been better craic than my DC2. Worth 2k all day for that.

I doubt that just fond memorys more than anything due to it being at the time probably the best car you had driven.

Reminds me over taking the over takers in my Civic by driving in the hard sholder over 17 years ago on the N17 outside Tuam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Better spec'd than the other for sure. The full main dealer history is attractive if true.

I doubt that just fond memorys more than anything due to it being at the time probably the best car you had driven.

Reminds me over taking the over takers in my Civic by driving in the hard sholder over 17 years ago on the N17 outside Tuam.

LOL, I owned the VTR after all of my SiRs and Type Rs, after a couple S13s and an S14. I stand by what I said.

LOL, I owned the VTR after all of my SiRs and Type Rs, after a couple S13s and an S14. I stand by what I said.

You honestly think the VTR is better than all those cars listed even the RWD with LSD's?

You honestly think the VTR is better than all those cars listed even the RWD with LSD's?

Where did I say it was better than any of those?

Where did I say it was better than any of those?

I still doubt a VTR is better than what many said when released the best FWD track based car you can buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I love the little na hatchbacks, you can just drive them hard and throw them around. They are so much fun, the last time I tried that with an s chassis the quarter panel ended up touching the back seats

I still doubt a VTR is better than what many said when released the best FWD track based car you can buy.

Jesus, I didn't realise owning a VTR for a month and having good craic in it meant it was suddenly better overall than the DC2 I kept for 6 months?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Jesus, I didn't realise owning a VTR for a month and having good craic in it meant it was suddenly better overall than the DC2 I kept for 6 months?

People love picking on you!

Did you sell that BMW shed yet :pac:

• Advertisement

People love picking on you!

Did you sell that BMW shed yet :pac:

Yeah I let it go to the first viewer for €1250, he's happy anyway :)

Fast & furious i 30

http://www.adverts.ie/19908097

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

^^^
    should be here
    Best Skangermobiles online (part 2)
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057412819

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Yeah I let it go to the first viewer for €1250, he's happy anyway :)

He must've been a dog lover..

That’s a serious amount of car for the money.

The rear end of some current Mercs has borrowed a lot from the Laguna Coupe.

(As well as some bits under the bonnet from Renault)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Wheels are terrible but that's a nice car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wheels are terrible but that's a nice car

Yeah they reminded me of these wheels.

skoda-octavia-vrs-245-4-star-car.jpg

Absolutely terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/seat-arona-1-0tsi-95hp-s-5dr/24317179?campaign=3

YzY2Yjc2OWYxNDY1NmJkMGI5ZmJhNTVmNTFjNDI3ZDGQpYrrNWmx68FymRt5wMiDaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI4MjU0NDd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Misery! Not even a full size wheel trim

I didn't think manufacturers were still doing this in this day and age. Just missing black bumpers and windy windows

• Advertisement

Good few rentals with those. It’s kinda mad, you just assume they should have alloys, but Crossovers are becoming the norm now and pov spec versions will sell.
    I sorta like an unusual steel wheel though.

Advertisement