Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What's so special about that Renault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It’s old-ish (pre 1999)
    I never got the appeal of them, especially the saloon.
    But these things become more appealing the less common they become.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

L-M wrote: »
    Try clearing your cookies
    I tried it straight after Colm posted and it worked as normal so dunno what it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭pcardin

Nothing. Same as nothing special about those garbage cans Starlet and whatever that other toyota piece of yunk was called that some worship here for decades. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭selectamatic

pcardin wrote: »
    Nothing. Same as nothing special about those garbage cans Starlet and whatever that other toyota piece of yunk was called that some worship here for decades. :(

The market says otherwise in relation to Toyota garbage cans... ;)

Just a few weeks ago I was categorically proven wrong about the pricing of a haggard pink looking untested 5dr starlet being listed at €300 the dam thing sold in a couple of hours.

Nothing wrong with storing a very clean Renault its just a 5dr megane hatch probably wasn't the best choice.

A nice 3dr clio or something along those lines would've made a great deal more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

pcardin wrote: »

XaJjai6.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

458 Italia anyone? Thought I shouldn't be selfish, put it up here and give everyone a fair shout!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ferrari-458-italia-v8-f1-auto/23996829

As an aside, anyone know who was driving this around Cork? (Presuming that's where it was based considering where the dealer is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

As far as I know it belongs to the dealer himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Interslice wrote: »
    Love that. Used to spend my summers as a lad in one of those. The mothers uncle up in sligo had it as the main farm vehicle for tipping around feeding cattle, collecting turf and the like.
    We had a renault 4 that saw plenty of action on the farm too. Nice flat floor with the foldy up seats meant was easy for loading hay / briquettes turf /bikes etc.
    Slow as heck but very economical. Rust killed it as it did my peugeot 104ZS which was not at all slow.

As an aside, anyone know who was driving this around Cork? (Presuming that's where it was based considering where the dealer is).
    It's been in Galvins showroom for the last couple of months - I've passed it a number of times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Definitely looks very cheap - most comparible 2014 on DD is 10k more.

Surely its too early yet for the current Covid stuff to be causing dealers to offload and crazy reductions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Top Dog wrote: »
    Definitely looks very cheap - most comparible 2014 on DD is 10k more.

Surely its too early yet for the current Covid stuff to be causing dealers to offload and crazy reductions?

Well the advert does say its a Covid-Sale

aren’t they supposed to be closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

colm_mcm wrote: »
    aren’t they supposed to be closed?

Garages can trade, but are not obliged to. Most only operate by appointment. Same for repairs- appointment or call out, as they are still classified as 'essential'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I would stress anyone buying a car in the next few months from a dealer and paying with cash to thread very carefully.

I would say the amount of dealers using stocking facilities is massive. And some of them due to go under could be willing to take said cash for car and not clear it from the stocking to get cash flow.

It might be rare, but it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Hi lads
    What is your opinion regarding below car..price,quality,issues...

http://www.adverts.ie/20063305

Rgds

One owner, full history, low mileage.
    Good start anyway.

Tax and NCT are genuine.

It is a 16v 1.6 HDI though, which can be a troublesome. Could be mitigated by servicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Fiesta

Screenshot-2020-04-04-at-12-42-33.png

The ad says 1 owner from new, and a FSH from Gowan Motors.

It's a UK import...is the UK owner and the Irish owner the same person?

• Advertisement

Fiesta wrote: »
    Screenshot-2020-04-04-at-12-42-33.png

The ad says 1 owner from new, and a FSH from Gowan Motors.

It's a UK import...is the UK owner and the Irish owner the same person?

I will ask for more info
    Thanks for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    I will ask for more info
    Thanks for the info

I already asked.;)

He's still claiming it's 1 owner though. You could quiz him on that.

Answer from c4 seller...

Hi yes I’m only at to looking at the log book a few mins ago and seen it was imported in 2016 so the lady told me she had it from new plus there is 0 owners on the log book sorry mistake

PX62ZBJ is the uk reg

0-C9232-D4-ED6-F-4-BB8-AB87-9323-DE1-C56-F2.jpg

So apparently it’s done 10k miles in the last 5 years.
    Coupled with the fact that it’s overdue a service since November would make me not want to buy it. Diesels aren’t suited to tiny mileage and not being serviced on time.

Thanks not interested then
    Rgds

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

Looks like a good deal for someone considering BMW 530e
    Price quoted is €30K

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2018-bmw-530e-m-sport-plus-i-performance/24567533

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd be wary about these pop up type dealers with fairly fresh fancy metal for sale that have photos taken from UK dealerships or in front of industrial estates units.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Answer from c4 seller...

Hi yes I’m only at to looking at the log book a few mins ago and seen it was imported in 2016 so the lady told me she had it from new plus there is 0 owners on the log book sorry mistake
    I see the ad has not being updated and is still showing one owner though in spite of it being brought to his attention all the same. Ugh people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd be wary about these pop up type dealers with fairly fresh fancy metal for sale that have photos taken from UK dealerships or in front of industrial estates units.

That garage is around a while. Not sure what the story with it is though.

You are right in general btw. Pop up garages with lot's of high end spec don't tend to wash just the cars.

Advertisement