Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sub 25k G30 530e:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2532346&r=s.php%3Fm%3D10%26o%3D87%26r%3D2018%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Yes, it's not an M Sport and the mileage is a bit high for a 2 year old car but for someone not doing much mileage it's a fairly up to date premium car for the price of a mid sized family hatchback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,136 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

l always wanted a car with fliplights, I still do :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

That corolla is awesome.

4k awesome?

I’m just imagining it with a lovely set of jap wheels sitting an inch lower than it currently is and it’s a stunner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

That corolla is awesome.

4k awesome?

I’m just imagining it with a lovely set of jap wheels sitting an inch lower than it currently is and it’s a stunner.

My brother imported that Corolla and it was in my garage for a year before it was sold and registered. It's nice, but not as tidy as the pictures would lead you to believe.

It was sold to a lad that cleaned it up well and he then raffled it as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

bazz26 wrote: »
    Sub 25k G30 530e:

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2532346&r=s.php%3Fm%3D10%26o%3D87%26r%3D2018%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Yes, it's not an M Sport and the mileage is a bit high for a 2 year old car but for someone not doing much mileage it's a fairly up to date premium car for the price of a mid sized family hatchback.

Thanks for the post. Looks like good deal. Since it’s done 100k km, will be there be expensive maintenance costs involved for next 2-3 years?
    Can bmw warranty be purchased from bmw dealer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Seems to be sold already

Nice looking low mileage 430D coupe here, 1 previous owner and full BMW service history claimed:

d43864c90df075c94489ddbe4ca5ffe9396584283052f2d422ce2a796dbcff77.jpg

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2530945&r=s.php%3Fm%5B%5D%3D10%26o%5B%5D%3D2375%26f%3D2%26nn%3D22%26pp%3D50%26g%3D0

Not a M Sport but the coupe hides it better and those wheels make it look well imo, plus it has the sport seats normally found in the M Sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Wow never realised the 3.0L were only 280 a year in tax.

Wow never realised the 3.0L were only 280 a year in tax.

It’s actually a scandal that they are and my own 3l is 1500.

One of the many reasons I don’t pay it.

• Advertisement

It’s actually a scandal that they are and my own 3l is 1500.

One of the many reasons I don’t pay it.

I've a 2.5 laying up that's 1080 a year and my current yoke is 390. I want to get it back on the road again but it's hard to stomach. Even worse when I look at it as 3 months is 305.

I've a 2.5 laying up that's 1080 a year and my current yoke is 390. I want to get it back on the road again but it's hard to stomach. Even worse when I look at it as 3 months is 305.

Hypothetically you could do three months on three months off and owner switcheroo.

I don’t advocate this of course.

How do people get insurance on them? My company wouldn’t quote me at all on a similar wagon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

To be 100% legal you should have commercial insurance on that so your private NCB will not work. You would also need to have a VAT number from a company to continue taxing it at that price to be 100% legal also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Unusual. I wouldn't turn my nose up at it though.
    They are hardly too unusual all the same though. There are a good few of these conversions knocking about. Can only imagine they go like sh!te of a shiny shovel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,383 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Is there a whiff of desperation on the €10,950 down to €6,950. I can’t imagine it’s a very attractive proposition.

I'd say insuring that is just a pain in the hole every year, I'd say they would be asking you more awkward questions every time and your choices in companies willing to cover it just gets smaller and smaller. Probably one of the reasons more of these R32 commercials pop up for sale more frequently these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That was a car until recently wasnt it? No reg in the photos but looking like the one Dean Motors and Deerpark Motors were trying to flog for €11k.

If he can do it at €7k asking there's clearly very big margins in these yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d say a lot of insurance companies would insure it as a car (I doubt it would actually show as a commercial vehicle for them) and that’s all a lot of lads care about. How valid that insurance is is another matter.

• Advertisement

How would that show up on the NCT website, as a passenger car or a commercial?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It wouldn’t show at all.

Could be snookered so if your insurance company asks for it.

That's a seriously cheap car.

Provided it's already VRT'd, it would just be the case of paperwork and getting rears seats/belts etc. for it to convert it back to passenger.

Would really suit someone with trade insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

L-M wrote: »
    That's a seriously cheap car.

Provided it's already VRT'd, it would just be the case of paperwork and getting rears seats/belts etc. for it to convert it back to passenger.

Would really suit someone with trade insurance.

1809 euro to tax for the year. Or 2350 on the new system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Honestly, what is the appeal of the R32? Aren't they 250 bhp, 50 more than a 2.0 GTI that could probably be easily mapped to match or beat that figure.

Honestly, what is the appeal of the R32? Aren't they 250 bhp, 50 more than a 2.0 GTI that could probably be easily mapped to match or beat that figure.

The fact it’s a V6?

That’s like picking an Eco boost Mustang over a v8

It’s not all about the power...

Edit: There’s also the 4wd aspect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

L-M wrote: »
    The fact it’s a V6?

That’s like picking an Eco boost Mustang over a v8

It’s not all about the power...

Edit: There’s also the 4wd aspect

Exactly. The Vr engine is one of VW's finest moments (arguably) one of the best sounding V6's of all time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Good point, and I suppose in just about any other country but Ireland you'd be more aware of the benefits of the R32. Here you'd have to really want one to justify the tax hike I suppose

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Exactly. The Vr engine is one of VW's finest moments (arguably) one of the best sounding V6's of all time too.

I'll never forget a VR6 Golf/Jetta (I actually forget the car ironically) hoofed passed me on the motorway heading to a VAGE show in Fermoy years ago. Definitely one of the best sounding engines i've ever heard.

Pretty sure the same fella was caught speeding in it that day.

Advertisement