Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I noticed that, but the dealer replied to them both and never denied that the car was a classified write off.

They even said to one reviewer (James) that if he contacted them they'd refund them the 35 euro for the payment of the mototcheck.

The above Jag XF is almost definitely damaged repaired write off. On the Donedeal advert it shows it's been reduced in price by 3k!
    I certainly wouldn't buy a car from them!

I meant, isn’t it strange that they both described him as the “same bold guy” that’s a very strange expression.

Autocorrect doesn’t change bald to bold.
    I agree that this place is dodgy as hell and I remember their previous garages from back in the day, but there’s also something fishy about those reviews and they were almost certainly created by the same person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/ex-celebrity-owned-sorento/23883682

OGVjMDU5YjVjZmIyNGU1OTQ4NmY2MTY4ZGVhM2RiY2RsLi1HkIpECWlsZPK_fCAiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDU1MjIxMzJ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg
    Originally bought by BRIAN MC FADDEN 06 D9818 WHEN WESTLIFE WERE AT THEIR PEAK OF FAME,THIS JEEP CAN ONLY BECOME MORE VALUABLE ,U2 G WAGON IS VALUED AT 70000 OWNED BY A FIEND OF MINE IN LUCAN 0857815961

Anyone remember this? Theres been a development!

49782506586_6bf24d54d2_c.jpg

Seller also is selling an 07 IS220d that allegedly cost him €2600 but he let a screwdriver drop into the engine so he’ll sell it for €650

It’s an expensive IS220d

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Seller also is selling an 07 IS220d that allegedly cost him €2600 but he let a screwdriver drop into the engine so he’ll sell it for €650

When did he pay that? 2016?

When did he pay that? 2016?

Check this out!
    7-F7-BF2-E9-8334-43-AB-84-DB-7102-EF0032-AD.jpg

Book in post, motor trade

Some trader if he paid €2600 for that. Maybe Ronan Keating used to own it
    Who needs trade plates anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are some strange creatures in Roscommon.

That Lexus definitely had its bags out at some stage I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Technique

The No Smoking sign on the dashboard probably gives a hint to its former life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Lofidelity

bazz26 wrote: »
    There are some strange creatures in Roscommon.

You're gone a bit too far there bazz.

If anyone cares, McFadden drove a Hummer at the height of his fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Lofidelity wrote: »

This is like the episode of Seinfeld where george bought a crappy car because it purportedly belonged to "a" Jon Voight.

Only this is infinitely less funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Who’s going to be the one to break the poor mans heart...

Not that it was EVER going to sell at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lofidelity wrote: »

It was more in reference to the character selling it and the Lexus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Some yoke for the cross roads.....

Mint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's definitely an interesting yoke. I wonder what Lexus the gearbox is out of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

seems to be going through clutches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Why would you do that to possible the ugliest 4 door Sierra.

• Advertisement

pablo128 wrote: »
    Supra Turbo box fits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭selectamatic

The wheels aren't suited to it at all. It's crying out for a set of stealths ;)

6 speed out of an is200 popular swap with good aftermarket support regarding bellhousing adapter plates. They hold the power pretty well and are cheap replace if they go bang.

The manual gearboxes from diesel bmw's are the other main option if a cheap yet stronger box is needed. The six speed from a 330d or 530d being the most sought after although 320d boxes are very stout too.
    Mint

Underrated pun.

Supra Turbo box fits

I'm sure it does but it says a Lexus box. I'd be a bit wary of an is200 box on a 4 litre engine, if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'm sure it does but it says a Lexus box. I'd be a bit wary of an is200 box on a 4 litre engine, if I'm honest.

Why, it's not massive power :pac:

Why, it's not massive power :pac:

That's true but there would be a good bit more torque, and let's be honest, a car like that will be seeing a few crossroads.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

Hi lads what do you think on below car
    Maybe interested for 6k
    Looks genuine
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-fluence-r-link/24631377
    Stay safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Hi lads what do you think on below car
    Maybe interested for 6k
    Looks genuine
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-fluence-r-link/24631377
    Stay safe

My mother bought one new back in 2011 I think. It was a nice car to be fair but I sold it for her after 18 months or so.

The front bumper on that is a different shade, I'd be getting it checked out or going elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

As far as I know, they are the same as the 4 cyl engine but with 2 more cylinders. The reason the lower powered versions of the 4 cylinder didn't suffer as much, well they run smoother. More power, more bang in the cylinder. More strain on the chain. As the 6 cylinder is inherently a smoother running engine, it doesn't suffer as much.

Contrary to popular belief, modern engines run rougher than older ones. Again, more power, more bang. This is why there are dual mass flywheels, oil filled engine mountings, rubber bushed crankshaft pulleys etc.

Plus it wasn't a great idea in hindsight for BMW to put the chain where they did.

They are indeed the same engine as the four cylinder (more or less). They have a much greater oil capacity and they are almost always automatic, obviously the fact that a straight six has perfect primary and secondary balance (and therefore almost no vibrations) means they are much less prone to the timing chain problem than the N47 engine.

That said, later cars are still better because BMW made some changes to these engines throughout their lifespan, so fewer parts need to be replaced on the later engines should the chain go. And being newer, the mileage will be lower, so you can service them at more appropriate intervals (I wouldn't go more than 20,000 km on the same oil despite the fact the stupid OBC says you can do up to 30,000 km on them, for example).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SummerK

Advertisement