Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

Top Dog wrote: »
    The temptation is strong! :eek::cool:

NWI0YThlYjlkNTFhYjkwYzQ5MjhkMzQyNTU2MTgyODmpk7HdKxtUdvZfQbXvSwu-aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE3OTIyNjB8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mitsubishi-lancer-evolution/24191397

Just need to ditch the poxy gauges and holders for something a bit better.

Check the reg and feel your temptation fade ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

It has the right engine, a boost guage and a turbo timer - it must be a 1.5 on the book lad job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd say it's a reshell of a crashed or rusty yoke.

Funny though even the 1.5 shell is a UK import. Seriously colourful past there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭millington

tossy wrote: »
    It has the right engine, a boost guage and a turbo timer - it must be a 1.5 on the book lad job!

It's not. The VIN number assigned to that reg is a 1.5 VIN, not an Evo one.

The seller offered it to me and when I asked him to send me the VIN number on the car he replied and told me the car was now sold. 5 minutes later he bumped the ad on Donedeal.

It's a shame because the car is actually an RS model. Could be a 5, 6 or a Tommi Makinen RS. No way of proving it with the original VIN gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ad is gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

bazz26 wrote: »
    Ad is gone now.

Probably come back as a bangernomics Yaris later today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Different one
    Thoughts?
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/evolution-v/24641782

No NCT since 18 years ago? Must be a misprint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

It has never been NCT’d according to the nct website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

In my humble opinion I hate that gen of Evo, they look kike every max power designed car of the late 1990's... Just rotten yokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I had an Evo7 FQ340 for a weekend about 14 or 15 years ago. Stupidly fast in all directions but I don't know how anyone could live with one.

Hard as nails, uncomfortable and drank petrol at a rate I've not experienced in anything since.

For pure, raw speed it was great, for everything else, it was crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I had an Evo7 FQ340 for a weekend about 14 or 15 years ago. Stupidly fast in all directions but I don't know how anyone could live with one.

Hard as nails, uncomfortable and drank petrol at a rate I've not experienced in anything since.

For pure, raw speed it was great, for everything else, it was crap.

I had a Legacy B4 (I think?) and similar, I’ve never seen anything to drink fuel like it. Absolute alcoholic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I had a standard WRX so not even as powerful as them or an STi and it also drank petrol. 4x4 and turbo do not go together if you are on budget.

A car I would love to own would be an classic American muscle V8 and I'd say they drink petrol also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Jaysus this is cheap if its legit:

141 Pug 308 HDI 1 owner €5,450

OTAyNjc2MmZmYjQ1M2IxMTQxMGZmZWY0NTk3YTkwZmMOmL3ySpOBy5Ak_0Yevx4VaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzk5NjM1NjZ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Fifty shades of grey. :D

Usually with silver or grey cars I'd forgive some discrepancies in the photos and put it down to a poor camera or poor lighting, but yeah that looks shocking

Still quite cheap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's clearly an Irish car, so why is the mileage in miles both on the ad, and the nct cert?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

pablo128 wrote: »
    It's clearly an Irish car, so why is the mileage in miles both on the ad, and the nct cert?

If the display is set in miles then the nct tester would record miles. Regardless of the car being or not being UK import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The missus wants to replace her 2005 E90 2 litre petrol. It's getting a bit long in the tooth and I had been thinking of replacing it with a Skoda Octavia or a Nissan Note (which is what I drive and she drives occasionally). While having a look over DoneDeal just now I came across the following:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-bmw-320d-e90-exclusive-nct-07-21/24801031

That would actually really fit the bill for her as she's already familiar with the layout of everything, it'll be more economical for her (she has enough of a commute to justify a diesel) and it's lower taxed. Having never bought a diesel before is there anything I should look out for? Is it a tad low priced? What model number engine had all the issues? Being the last year before the new model I'd have thought those issues were resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

That does actually look pretty cheap. It is a UK import so I would suggest that a UK history check is a must in addition to any Irish history check you would be doing. Also, as it is a UK import a good nosey around underneath for the dreaded tin worm.

I see a minor imperfection on the bumper underneath the nearside headlight but that certainly wouldn't be a biggy in my book. I'm not so much into BMW's so hopefully someone more in the know may be able to chime in to let you know what to look out for mechanically.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

That does actually look pretty cheap. It is a UK import so I would suggest that a UK history check is a must in addition to any Irish history check you would be doing. Also, as it is a UK import a good nosey around underneath for the dreaded tin worm.

I see a minor imperfection on the bumper underneath the nearside headlight but that certainly wouldn't be a biggy in my book. I'm not so much into BMW's so hopefully someone more in the know may be able to chime in to let you know what to look out for mechanically.

To back this, try get the UK reg number as you can search the UK MOT history for free: https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

A sign of things to come? 43k in the window, but 40k on the advert?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2017-ford-focus-2-3-rs-eco-boost-350-bhp/23774591?campaign=3

NzAxODdjZjliNjUwNjFhMjc1NTZlYWQyMDk3MDQ3ZjQ50rzR2ajtvgglXhJqVNw1aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDYwNjYwMDl8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Disappointing advert as they're usually pretty on the ball with the various angles and such - not a single interior or under-bonnet pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭User1998

Their adds do always have a huge difference between their window price and the price on the advert

One of their Volvo XC90’s was €49,950 down to €36,950

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

The missus wants to replace her 2005 E90 2 litre petrol. It's getting a bit long in the tooth and I had been thinking of replacing it with a Skoda Octavia or a Nissan Note (which is what I drive and she drives occasionally). While having a look over DoneDeal just now I came across the following:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-bmw-320d-e90-exclusive-nct-07-21/24801031

That would actually really fit the bill for her as she's already familiar with the layout of everything, it'll be more economical for her (she has enough of a commute to justify a diesel) and it's lower taxed. Having never bought a diesel before is there anything I should look out for? Is it a tad low priced? What model number engine had all the issues? Being the last year before the new model I'd have thought those issues were resolved.

I would be taking a look at this if I was on the market - gorgeous car for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭This is it

Seems too good to be true for that BMW, no? Mostly 08 and 09 going for that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭RINO87

https://www.donedeal.ie/campers-for-sale/1999-honda-stepwagon-auto-hobby-van/24796854

I know nothing about them, but this looks seriously cool!!

(tried to embed image but it came out massive...)

Pricey for the year but a clean looking twin turbo BMW 123d:

MDkxNmY3NjIwYzMwMzVhZTY4NWJiNjZkZTY1YjJhMjHJPCM9TMtRNKPd1rSzcmbgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI4ODkxODh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-123d-msport/24324354

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hankered after one of those for years but couldn't justify one. Finally got the cash together and test drove a seriously tasty one and it left me so cold. Had the money in my pocket to pay for it there and then and just left it behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭marcos_94

bazz26 wrote: »
    Pricey for the year but a clean looking twin turbo BMW 123d:

MDkxNmY3NjIwYzMwMzVhZTY4NWJiNjZkZTY1YjJhMjHJPCM9TMtRNKPd1rSzcmbgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDI4ODkxODh8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-123d-msport/24324354

These are absolute animals. Cheap tax and insurance and a remap gets them to 260hp and 500nm torque easy

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/maserati/24812465

NjcwYTY5N2U3ZDQ3MTE3ZTVmMWM3MDU3ZGQwMThhNDkJ6bYaPq28GgNN09frV6ylaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4MDM3NDR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

MTUzZDM4NzI0NjkwY2FmZjM1MGVjNzA0ZjNlNDFkNjX-1uD-de-RfadGgITJtAxgaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDY4MDM3NDZ8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

440 bhp petrol Ghibli, seems a lot of car for €30k

Advertisement