Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭kalkat2002

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

kalkat2002 wrote: »
    Are they permanent 4 wheel drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are they permanent 4 wheel drive?

It's AWD, as in it's on-demand rather than permanent.

Also worth noting it's €750 tax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Petrol DSG Tiguan is €2350 on co2 tax!

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2020-audi-rs6-launch-edition-600ps-quattro/24896564

NjczNGRkMGY4OTY5YjkzZDQ4MDA2OWEzNGYwODBlZjAHXfKsH3rexYJkWboS_bzpaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc0NDU3Njh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

New RS6

This dealer really knows how to get his hands on some serious metal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The problem is who would bravely buy metal of that value from a dealer who takes photos of all his stock in an industrial estate car park? It seems a very odd setup to me especially when selling €100k cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

bazz26 wrote: »
    The problem is who would bravely buy metal of that value from a dealer who takes photos of all his stock in an industrial estate car park? It seems a very odd setup to me especially when selling €100k cars.

Savage car. I have seen it around Newbridge.

The question is though, would anybody that has 6 figures to spend on a new (or nearly new) Audi go anywhere other than a main dealer ?

They seem to be trading under two different names too.

Also, whoever buys it will be the third owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,493 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

third owner on a car less than 6 months old. Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

Tzardine wrote: »
    Savage car. I have seen it around Newbridge.

The question is though, would anybody that has 6 figures to spend on a new (or nearly new) Audi go anywhere other than a main dealer ?

Presumably still covered by manufacturer's warranty. So not a huge risk.

• Advertisement

Manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover everything especially when the car is bought used. You would have to chase the dealer who sold it to you and you might have some job doing that with someone who sells cars from an industrial estate car park. That's a big risk on a 100k car in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

It wouldn't be how I would choose to spend that kind of money either, but the dealer has some nice stock (all imported from the UK, I guess), and presumably fills a niche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

New RS6

This dealer really knows how to get his hands on some serious metal.

That car reminds me of my old school geometry set for some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

JJJJNR wrote: »
    That car reminds me of my old school geometry set for some reason.
    The wheels?

You really are leaving yourself open to getting a call at 3:45 am on a Saturday morning if you say call ANYTIME after your phone number and then saying Feel free to contact us 24/7 in the line below it

Drove this exact spec in 2012 trying to figure out what the mother should buy,
    That is the most horrendous engine, sounds like a 1.9 TDI on startup then immediately sounds like it’s thrown a rod.

That front arm rest looks like it came out of the leftover Mk4 Golf parts bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I think the 1.2 TDI is great craic, you're basically at full throttle 100% of the time, thrashing the car to death.

At the time I thought they were the only engine that obviously suffered from the emissions fix. You'd be downshifting going up a motorway incline just to maintain speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That front arm rest looks like it came out of the leftover Mk4 Golf parts bin.

Yeah, its genuinely the worst designed armrest I’ve ever come across, its terrible. Not only is it not comfortable it completely blocks the handbrake so you have to put it up and down each time.

L-M wrote: »
    Yeah, its genuinely the worst designed armrest I’ve ever come across, its terrible. Not only is it not comfortable it completely blocks the handbrake so you have to put it up and down each time.

Worse than the old A3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

NDZkZDQ0ZTlmMzE0Y2M1Y2ZkNTQ5OGY1ZjQzNDBjNTAIoo021pNVJH2mB_iecBBPaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDczMzk0ODV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

As the advert says... Dream car for dreamers
    At least the road tax is only €56 p.a. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭aerofoiled

How so? Dealer doesn't count as an owner on the logbook.

aerofoiled wrote: »
    How so? Dealer doesn't count as an owner on the logbook.

As far as I know Donedeal doesn’t include the dealer in the auto fill information in the ad (make, model, NCT expiry and number of owners)

The ad states 1 previous owner, which implies the current owner (not the dealer, but whoever the dealer bought the car from) is the second, and the new buyer will be the third.

There are issues with Donedeal and number of owners.
    They seem to add an owner for dealer sales.

It’s quite likely that the car is 1 owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    [

As the advert says... Dream car for dreamers
    At least the road tax is only €56 p.a. :D

I cannot express well enough how much I genuinely hate these wannabe cars. I get it, it's a fun project to build one yourself - then again, why not build something original, rather than copy an existing "halo car"?

Selling or buying one ready made, 'though...that is quite pointless. What's next, a MiG-29 on wheels? Thinking about it, it'd be more original...

Ref the MR2. Didn’t the second generation only come out in 1990?

Is this really based on a first gen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭selectamatic

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Ref the MR2. Didn’t the second generation only come out in 1990?

Is this really based on a first gen?

89 was the first year I think but they wouldn't be common at all.

It’s registered as an SW20 anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭ongarite

Clio Williams 2, price seem fair looking at UK asking prices

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/renault-clio-williams-2/24905579

MTJiNmQ2NzQ0OTU2ZWExODEzYjgxZTc4YTg4ODQyZjMiYZSwKvhsyxKGXMYKMB0MaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc1MTY4MzN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Advertisement