Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn / Grass Types suitable for Dogs

Options
  • 29-06-2018 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭

Appreciate any advice anyone can provide on grass types that are suitable for dogs to use ... I am relaying a new smaller lawned area ... I have two dogs which use the garden for toilet requirements, not concerned about them digging or scraping, just the grass being burned and dying off in patches.

anyone know of any particularly hardy grass types that are available and can resist use by dogs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Doop wrote: »
    Appreciate any advice anyone can provide on grass types that are suitable for dogs to use ... I am relaying a new smaller lawned area ... I have two dogs which use the garden for toilet requirements, not concerned about them digging or scraping, just the grass being burned and dying off in patches.

anyone know of any particularly hardy grass types that are available and can resist use by dogs?

Rye (perennial). It will wear as quick as other varieties but it will recover quicker. There are other varieties of Rye that will do the job but are not as aesthetic.

If you have a bitch the grass will still burn regardless of grass variety. If they go pee-pee in the same spot I suggest using a very sandy soil in that spot as the pee will drain away faster and cause a little less damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭standardg60

Yep something with a high blend of ryegrass..no.3 grass seed is what it may be called.

Advertisement