Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

• 29-06-2018 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

What PlayStation games are you playing at the moment that's good and worthwhile buying ?
    Sick of paying 60+ quid for games that is just the same thing over and over and eventually after a couple of days you get sick of.
    Like Tom Clancy Wildlands for instance, basically the same thing for the whole game only different scenery and tactics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'd recommend the remaster of The Last of Us.

Personally speaking, I think It is the best game ever made. Its the perfect blend of story, action and stealth. Its also properly emotional and scary by times too.

Wonderful game. Its cheap as chips now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Currently playing through Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. They did an amazing job making it look this well. Thoroughly enjoying it, even if the combat is a bit simple by todays standards. Would love if the team behind God of War were to do a reboot of Darksiders with the GoW combat. Would be better, but I'll hold out hope for DS3 to make the combat a bit deeper.

I suppose every game can be considered repetitive after a while. So for me the story is what keeps me going. You should be able to pick up HZD cheap enough, or Dying Light is cheap as chips and amazing fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

I'd recommend the remaster of The Last of Us.

Personally speaking, I think It is the best game ever made. Its the perfect blend of story, action and stealth. Its also properly emotional and scary by times too.

Wonderful game. Its cheap as chips now.

I just bought a PS4 and the main reason I did was to play The Last Of Us. Really enjoying it so far, have the Uncharted Games next up after that. Anyone recommend other similar games? Tomb Raider worth a go?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I finished Just Cause 3 a while back, loved it as I did with 2. It's somewhat repetitive but the humour and the level of detail make it worthwhile. It's usually very cheap too.

Currently playing Firewatch which is a nice sedate change of pace.

Both the Tomb Raiders are definitely worth a go if you like Uncharted. I thought they were really good reboots. Plus, you have to pick up God of War if the price doesn't put you off. Hands down the best game on PS4, and of this generation, imo. The Witcher 3 if you're looking for the long haul, stunning game and some of the best story telling out there. The side quests are as good as the main story, sometimes better! DLC is very good too.

The Ratchet and Clank remake is also brilliant if you want to bring back the nostalgia but with modern graphics. Another stunning looking game. I'll recommend Dark Souls and Bloodborne if you're a sadist, but they don't tick my boxes. Other people think they're the best thing since sliced bread.

The Batman Arkham games are other great games, really make you feel like you're Batman, and one of the best combat systems out there to make you feel like that. The system is so good, lots of games are adopting a similar approach with the upcoming Spiderman being the closest looking. Sleeping Dogs is a great GTA type game with more focus on melee combat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Still plugging away on borderlands 2, lost my characters in the big ps3 HDD **** up i had last year so starting from scratch with the handsome jack collectiong, which includes all of the DLC for borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel, isnt bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Still getting through Yakuza 0. It's just far too easy to get lost in the side missions and business stuff to the point where I tend to do story stuff to take a break from the side stuff. That said, I'm kinda wanting to move on from it now, so might just power through the rest of the story and give it a rest. Move on to something different for a while and then try Yakuza 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

God of war. I seen it on adverts for €30 today. It's a fantastic game, and I don't really enjoy third person games, but gow nailed it.

Penn wrote: »
    Still getting through Yakuza 0. It's just far too easy to get lost in the side missions and business stuff to the point where I tend to do story stuff to take a break from the side stuff. That said, I'm kinda wanting to move on from it now, so might just power through the rest of the story and give it a rest. Move on to something different for a while and then try Yakuza 6.

That happened me in 0. Got sidetracked way too much and lost interest due to exhaustion. I intend to pick it up again at some stage, but now that they're re-releasing basically all the game again, i'll get 0 again and work my way up to 6 over the coming years!

That happened me in 0. Got sidetracked way too much and lost interest due to exhaustion. I intend to pick it up again at some stage, but now that they're re-releasing basically all the game again, i'll get 0 again and work my way up to 6 over the coming years!

Ploughed through the last two chapters last night and finished the story. Really enjoyed the main story. Definitely going to have to take a break from the series for a while though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Just finished God of war which was a great game, although I did get lost in side quests along the way. It's definitely up there with the last of us as best ps4 games.

Just starting nier automata now, which I've high hopes for and managed to pick up for €21 new in argos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭smokingman

I usually play with the same six friends for years now and have the following for each genre fix
    Rainbow Six Siege
    Rocket League
    Drive Club
    PES 2018 Lite
    Providence Poker

Upgraded to the God of War pro bundle lately so have that to get further in (about 5 hours in so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Playing Puppeteer on PS3. Have to get back to it after a couple weeks since last played.
    Personally I don't think it's as great as people have made it out to be but I'm liking it

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭LucyIrish06

Thanks guys! Will defo be buying a couple of games mentioned above.
    Recently got a gaming PC and just downloaded GTA 3 days ago, safe to say i haven't had any sleep since!
    Been using mods for storymode, especially the LSPDFR mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just started Child of Light, what a beautiful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rocket League. Still. It's the perfect 'I have 20 minutes to play here' game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Playing Darksiders 2 at the moment and its ok so far :)

Since it was released on Xbox/Switch/PC, and with the new Crash 3 level available, I decided to do an all crystals & gems run on the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy. Did Crash 1 over the last few days and got to about 20% of Crash 2.

Not doing relics though. Already got all Gold for the Platinum trophy when the game was released. Not going to put myself through that hardship again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 David_Stone

Now I'm playing Dargon Ball Z Sagas game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Still playing the Witcher 3 after a year. I take breaks from it now and then, Go back and just always find something good to do in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Finished shadow of war and red faction guerilla remastered. Got uncharted on the go but not feeling it

Started The Last Guardian. Liking it so far, though the camera and working around Trico can be iffy at tmes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started The Last Guardian. Liking it so far, though the camera and working around Trico can be iffy at tmes

This was the biggest issues in the reviews was Trico not following you.
    It’s only later you realise your “training” him during the game. He starts responding a little quicker as the game progresses.

I know it’s sad but the VR demo on this made me emotional!

No problem with him following me. Just mean could be a small area and trying to move the camera around him and the area can be messy.
    Takes a wee while to get used to the controls. Whoever decided X isn't jump, but drop down made a very bad choice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Been playing Persona 5 last few days love it totally hooked!

Love interacting with the characters so much to do and see develop. Kinda game really don't wanna see end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I tried No Mans Sky a few months ago and lasted about 3 hours.
    Re-started it this week and with the latest update.
    Getting to wander around with friends, minecraft in Space with gorgeous visuals? Stress free gaming as well, plus it cost me €15 so can’t really go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Playing through Horizon Zero Dawn, got it last week, thursday or friday for €21 from that link in the bargain thread. (link is dead now :()

Cracking game! about 20 hours into it and i've no idea where i am or where i'm going but the thunderjaw scares the **** out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Started playing Battlefield 1 a few nights ago and now getting into it. When I finish it that'll make a grand total of 3 games I'll have played on the console. I thinking about playing Horizon Zero Dawn after that as a mate has been giving it high praise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Doom online... I can see myself playing this until the day I die..which will probably be soon as my GF will murder me

Advertisement