Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Bioshock 1 remastered and I'm absolutely loving it. I can understand what all the hype is about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally started Spider Man a few nights ago after having it sitting in my backlog for close to a year. Best thing I’ve played in ages, just so much fun and stunning graphically as well.

Once I’m done with that, I plan on having another crack at Bloodborne. Gave up on it very early the first time around due to utter frustration, hopefully I’ve grown more patient since then. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Bought God of War when it was on offer and finished it. What a game, I loved every minute of it. The way they worked with Greek mythology was really nicely done and the combat style and puzzle solving was just great :D

Currently downloading L.A Noire. I got it when it first came out but one of my discs broke when I was halfway through so I never got to finish it. Thought it was such a good game at the time so hoping it’s aged well enough to still be as enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

LadySkunk wrote: »
    Bought God of War when it was on offer and finished it. What a game, I loved every minute of it. The way they worked with Greek mythology was really nicely done and the combat style and puzzle solving was just great :D

Currently downloading L.A Noire. I got it when it first came out but one of my discs broke when I was halfway through so I never got to finish it. Thought it was such a good game at the time so hoping it’s aged well enough to still be as enjoyable

I think you meant Norse mythology if you're referring to the PS4 God of War.

There is a whole series on Greek mythology - I believe they are all on PSNow, with God of War 3 Remastered being the only one on PS4. There's three mainline games, one prequel, and a couple of Vita/PSP games that were ported. Fantastic story throughout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Everyone forgets about god of war ascension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Revisiting HZD, it's a close second to Civilisation in the ability of 'I'll just do this now' and suddenly 3 hours are gone. Essential to pass the time

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Everyone forgets about god of war ascension.

Nope, I didn't - that's the prequel one, I believe (it's been a long while since I played it but it was set prior to the original God of War, if I recall correctly)

And to move back on topic a tad!

Currently I'm on the Leon scenario from REMake 2.

I have Gravity Rush 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and a replay of Doom on my to do list.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Started dipping into Fallout 4 recently. Starting understand why there's a lot of criticism around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Playing road redemption, inspired by road rash of old. It has it's issues and can be quite difficult but is a fun if repetitive game, defo worth 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Orderofchaos

Just spent a few hours playing Witcher 3 last night, not far in but a great game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Went back to finish God of War. Pity they made it such a grind in Niflheim. Just have to face the last boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

playing Fallen order at the moment

Does anyone have any tips to get better at sekiro? Only started it and its too hard for me . Nioh 2 aswell is just stupidly hard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

Picked up Days Gone in the PSN sale, enjoying it so far about 5 hours in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

whiterebel wrote: »
    Went back to finish God of War. Pity they made it such a grind in Niflheim. Just have to face the last boss.

IIRC, there's a trick to reduce the time needed in Niflheim but going in and collecting stuff in a certain order (ie: not opening every chest as you come across them, save the required items for the larger chests to get the anti-mist armor. Then it's a lot easier to clear. Still enjoyed it thoroughly!

I accidentally bought Stardew Valley. I knew I shouldn't, and now i'm at Winter year 1 already. Such a time sink, "only 1 more day" which happens 20 times in a row type game! Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Unravel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

A Plague Tale. Finished first 5 chapters. Loving the atmosphere and story. Not sure how well the gameplay will hold up to the end though...

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started Unravel.

Nice. I love that game. Amazing soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips to get better at sekiro? Only started it and its too hard for me . Nioh 2 aswell is just stupidly hard

I've gone back to Sekiro recently. Had to start a new game as I was completely out of touch with the controls.
    Main thing is to get used to the deflects. Just button mash deflect initially until you get used to it.
    You will eventually get abilities that make things easier but being able to deflect is so important.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Rdwrer wrote: »
    Nice. I love that game. Amazing soundtrack too.

Yeah, it was a nice wee game. And it's even a rare game where I enjoyed the snowy levels. Have the sequel as well so will play that down the line

• Advertisement

i went through god of war as fast as possible first play through . Is heard there much to explore in the bridge area

• Registered Users Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Stranded Deep. I've dabbled in a few survival games, but none have really hooked me. I'm hoping this is different, simply due to the fact that there are no human enemies, it's literally Castaway. Survive the elements and the wildlife/marine life.

I've only played up to the first save (which is going to be the most annoying part, can only save at shelters/bedrolls). Seems interesting, it's a bit rough but not the worst I've played. And for only €20 it's worth it already. Doesn't hold you hand after the initial few tutorials. Seems interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

I've been flying through Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection as it's free in the PS store in the moment.

Almost finished with Uncharted 2.

I'm really enjoying the Uncharted series.

The first one is tough to get through, in that the mechanics aged a bit, but 2 and 3 still hold up.

I'm just finishing up the last mission in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It's a bit meh overall, I loved the first, I liked the second, I feel like I'm just going through the motions in this one. I doubt I'll even bother with the DLC from the definitive version, and just move onto Control or Kingdom Hearts III.

chrislad wrote:
    The first one is tough to get through, in that the mechanics aged a bit, but 2 and 3 still hold up.

Yeah,you're right, the first one was harder,haven't played 3 yet so can't comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,625 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Just finished days gone and got platinum. Something I rarely get! Now onto shadow of tomb raider - it’s reduced to 20 Euro on the PSStore. Doesn’t seem it will take too long to finish tho

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Just finished days gone and got platinum. Something I rarely get! Now onto shadow of tomb raider - it’s reduced to 20 Euro on the PSStore. Doesn’t seem it will take too long to finish tho

I'm probably about 12 hours or so, and on the final mission, but I didn't do most of the side quests, go exploring, and only done about 4 tombs outside of the main story ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Yeah,you're right, the first one was harder,haven't played 3 yet so can't comment on that.

Started and finished 1 last weekend and nearly finished 2 now, don't remember 1 being that bad, I've had more problems with 2 where Nate doesn't grab onto ledges which are clearly within reach and I have to start all over again :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

IIRC, there's a trick to reduce the time needed in Niflheim but going in and collecting stuff in a certain order (ie: not opening every chest as you come across them, save the required items for the larger chests to get the anti-mist armor. Then it's a lot easier to clear. Still enjoyed it thoroughly!

I accidentally bought Stardew Valley. I knew I shouldn't, and now i'm at Winter year 1 already. Such a time sink, "only 1 more day" which happens 20 times in a row type game! Love it.

Finished GoW. I realise too late that I shouldn't have sold resources as I went along, you need all you can get your hands on towards the end. I must have spent an extra 3 hours grinding that I didn't need to do. Some satisfaction to Plat it, though:D

• Advertisement

Started and finished 1 last weekend and nearly finished 2 now, don't remember 1 being that bad, I've had more problems with 2 where Nate doesn't grab onto ledges which are clearly within reach and I have to start all over again

Lol, I had the same problems in 2. 1 is difficult in some areas, Started 3 today, hand to hand combat is much better in 3.

Advertisement