Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Started and finished 1 last weekend and nearly finished 2 now, don't remember 1 being that bad, I've had more problems with 2 where Nate doesn't grab onto ledges which are clearly within reach and I have to start all over again

One more thing,for the last mission in 2, run around in circles and make sure not to miss a jump. Will make the mission much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    i went through god of war as fast as possible first play through . Is heard there much to explore in the bridge area
    I never replay games, but GOW is one I would probably make an exception for

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any tips to get better at sekiro? Only started it and its too hard for me . Nioh 2 aswell is just stupidly hard

There are some great guides online. As before learning to deflect is huge and also fighting the bosses in different ways, so you need to deflect, some you dodge, some you use the prosthetic (oil and fire work on a lot). Also being able to counter the unlockable attacks is massive help.

I did find there were certain moves that just felt unfair (grabs mostly) so didn't feel bad using cheese tactics (ceramic shards for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cienciano wrote: »

I've already done one repeat, might go for another and up the difficulty (eep)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Cool2015

Cienciano wrote:

I replay GTA V every year, have completed it 7 times now, this year will be the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Just finished days gone and got platinum. Something I rarely get! Now onto shadow of tomb raider - it’s reduced to 20 Euro on the PSStore. Doesn’t seem it will take too long to finish tho

A heads up on this. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is available on PS Now at the moment, until the end of July I think. A monthly sub to PS Now is only €9.99 so you could get the game for €9.99 plus a month sub for other games too.

I have the annual sub for PS Now at €60. It's brilliant value in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Going through a Resident Evil replay at the minute, and I'm coming towards the end of RE1. Such a fantastic game. I though the remake of 2 was my favourite, but there's something about that mansion and the eeriness that just makes this the best one for me. I have RE5 lined up next, haven't played any after 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

JimBurnley wrote: »
    A Plague Tale. Finished first 5 chapters. Loving the atmosphere and story. Not sure how well the gameplay will hold up to the end though...

How you getting on with this now, I was interested in it so just looking for an opinion

Kingp35 wrote: »
    A heads up on this. Shadow of the Tomb Raider is available on PS Now at the moment, until the end of July I think. A monthly sub to PS Now is only €9.99 so you could get the game for €9.99 plus a month sub for other games too.

I have the annual sub for PS Now at €60. It's brilliant value in my opinion.

Did you not get it on sale think it’s €45

Just finished Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Holy sh1t, that was one scary but extremely fun experience. Don't have the pspro but it still looked and played great. Probably my best gaming experience to date ( I'm nearly 50)

Have this also to play I only tried it for a few mins before can’t wait to play it properly along with my 200 + backlog , vr makes horror games so much scarier

• Advertisement

Picked up Stranded Deep. I've dabbled in a few survival games, but none have really hooked me. I'm hoping this is different, simply due to the fact that there are no human enemies, it's literally Castaway. Survive the elements and the wildlife/marine life.

I've only played up to the first save (which is going to be the most annoying part, can only save at shelters/bedrolls). Seems interesting, it's a bit rough but not the worst I've played. And for only €20 it's worth it already. Doesn't hold you hand after the initial few tutorials. Seems interesting.

Actually looking forward to play this, my type of game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Jayisplay wrote: »
    How you getting on with this now, I was interested in it so just looking for an opinion

Really enjoyed, finished it a few days ago. Difficulty ramps up a wee bit near the end for a few boss fights, but nothing too taxing. Story and atmosphere are the highlight tho, you restart to care for the characters. A decent length without overstaying it's welcome. I'd recommend it, a solid 7 or 8 it of 10 from me

Playing Assassin's Creed II now. Just a few hours in. Seemed weird at first having played so much of Odyssey recently, but once got my head around controls and slightly slower movement, especially climbing (which to be fair is much more realistic) starting to enjoy this. The setting in olden Italy is fantastic, and Ezio seems like a character you get behind (more so than yer man from ACO). Spending most of my time jumping from rooftops to rooftops, great fun! The
    blending
    ability is lovely touch too!

Playing Assassin's Creed II now. Just a few hours in. Seemed weird at first having played so much of Odyssey recently, but once got my head around controls and slightly slower movement, especially climbing (which to be fair is much more realistic) starting to enjoy this. The setting in olden Italy is fantastic, and Ezio seems like a character you get behind (more so than yer man from ACO). Spending most of my time jumping from rooftops to rooftops, great fun! The
    blending

Those stealth and climbing skills is what appealed to me about the AC series, although they seem to have abandoned them in odessey, which isn't a patch on the earlier iterations of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

blending

Since you said "yer man", you made the wrong choice! Kassandra was much more interesting!

Ezio, though, is the best character in the whole series, and the whole Ezio trilogy is fantastic

chrislad wrote: »
    Since you said "yer man", you made the wrong choice! Kassandra was much more interesting!

Yeah I heard that but was too far in before I realised. D'oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Started Outer Worlds yesterday. I'm hoping it can be a bit of a time-sink to while away the evening hours :)

So far there is a tremendous amount to do in it. It has the Fallout sense of humour (which makes sense as it's made by some of the original team that made Fallout) and reminds me a little bit of Fallout 4 because of the retro style art (but in space).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I got Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Its great fun, and the feel of the game is on point, but there are fook all different modes variety to the game. It's super simplistic and straightforward. They are going to have to put out a lot of updates for this to have any longevity.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I got Predator: Hunting Grounds.

Its great fun, and the feel of the game is on point, but there are fook all different modes variety to the game. It's super simplistic and straightforward. They are going to have to put out a lot of updates for this to have any longevity.
    Played the demo of that, graphic engine looks like it's ten years old

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah the demo of that was enough for me sound design was great but not much else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Servers gone to sh1t also

• Registered Users Posts: 13,960 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Downloaded The Crew 2 again, just to scratch a racing game itch. Forgot why I deleted it, the catch up is atrocious. Uninstalled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Just finished the Uncharted games, 1 to 4, enjoyed them but I don't get why these games are talked about as some of the best ever, like they're fun and I like the charterers but it's fairly repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Making my way through Assassin's Creed Unity. Took me a little bit to get in to it but enjoying it now! So glad to be away from naval battle now.

RedRochey wrote: »
    Just finished the Uncharted games, 1 to 4, enjoyed them but I don't get why these games are talked about as some of the best ever, like they're fun and I like the charterers but it's fairly repetitive

Yeah, I tried the same and by a few hours into the 3rd game (after a few weeks of playing the first 2), I've lost interest. It's the same but shinier. I've never played 4, but I had to stop as I was bored of the mass murder interspersed with climbing.

Bought the Diablo III Ultimate edition, €21. It's good, but maybe someone can tell me if it gets more interesting than spamming the buttons over and over. There doesn't appear to be any skill needed for this game, or maybe I've missed out on something as it doesn't really tell you anything either. I'm playing Barbarian. If I'm just going to be sitting there for hours on end spamming X and pressing the others ones every now and then, I'm gonna lose interest very quick.

I also blame God of War (2018) for ruining games for me. The combat in that was so well done, nothing has come close to it since. I know they're very different games, but the combat in Diablo is dire so far. Never played a Diablo type game before, not usually into isometric games.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Stranded Deep and I’m terrified to move from my little camp haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭eggy81

Got the psnow trial a couple of days ago and downloaded control. I'll have to buy it now. Best game of this gen for me. So far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Finished resident evil 3, it was an enjoyable yet deeply disappointing overall. I've been playing road redemption for guts of a month, I hate to love this game, finished it but still throw it on. I've been a bit meh for games lately so just playing thou multiplayer and giving shadow of Mordor another bash for that sweet sweet endless grind

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just finished Uncharted 4 last night so will look to try something new tonight. With so many of you praising Cities, I might give that a go tonight.

• Advertisement

I bought Senran Kagura. Yes, I did know what it was before I bought it, but it does come up in good hack n slash games lists, so I said I'd chance it, seeing as I'm missing out on my usual Japanese fix with all anime coming to a halt. It has an achievement called 'Ooops, wrong room' when you first go into the place to change the characters clothes. Seems like a good game, but very short combat interspersed with terrible daily life...

Advertisement