Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

Getting gud in Demon's Souls :D
    I'm enjoying the online multiplayer stuff cause it wasn't very active when I played the original on PS3.

Love the game. Graphics look amazing and it runs fairly smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Finished Uncharted 4, never got round to it on the ps4, looks stunning on the ps5. Naughty Dog really know how to tart up the appearances like a Hollywood blockbuster. Enjoyable gameplay too, nice mix of shooting, platforming and puzzles.

Threw on Bugsnax then, just for a quick look... dragged myself away two hours later. Fairly simple premise, but has something kinda adorable about it. Reminds me a little of Ape Escape from many moons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Demon souls. What a disheartening game. I am enjoying the combat, taking my time with each enemy. However, I keep getting destroyed by the same enemy at a certain point. Forcing me to start from the start of the level. 40 mins of progress wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Which enemy?
    Can you summon help?

Same game, hating the swamp

Taltos wrote: »
    Which enemy?
    Can you summon help?

Same game, hating the swamp

Man I'm stuck on the first level :o

13:46 of this stream. Two hits and I'm gone. This game is becoming a pain in the hole. If I wanted my head to be fried I'd play ninja gaiden on NES :pac:

https://youtu.be/jQqgeZFK1s8

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Man I'm stuck on the first level :o

13:46 of this stream. Two hits and I'm gone. This game is becoming a pain in the hole. If I wanted my head to be fried I'd play ninja gaiden on NES :pac:

https://youtu.be/jQqgeZFK1s8

He's optional, come back later when you've levelled up a bit.

F1ngers wrote: »
    He's optional, come back later when you've levelled up a bit.

I didn't even know he was even optional? I'm been treating demon souls like a super Mario level getting A to B.

I didn't even know he was even optional? I'm been treating demon souls like a super Mario level getting A to B.

Without spoiling the game too much, nothing there for you until later in the game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭CRI0ST0IR

How many people have prebooked Cyberpunk 2077?

CRI0ST0IR wrote: »
    How many people have prebooked Cyberpunk 2077?

Only decided to buy it today after watching a streamer playing on PS5 and it looked ok.
    Didn't watch too long though, saw a quiet scene where she was taking her time and then a gunfight scene.
    Stopped watching and bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,850 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm back home with only a PS3 at my disposal so I'm playing AC: Black Flag. This is actually my 3rd attempt at playing it. I only gt 5% through it the previous times I tried and wasn't enjoying it but appreciating it now as I quite like the less open world feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,021 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Horizon Zero Dawn last night.
    Just on the first proper level after the Wee Aloy levels. Have already been distracted by a couple of side missions.

I know it came out near Breath of the Wild so I can see where comparisons came from with regards climbing. How can I now climb a wall with without handholds or get up steep rocks? Crazy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Red dead redemption 2, I did not expect to love it but I do. The game hits me in a similar way to death stranding

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Randomly decided to boot up Red Dead Redemption 1 on PSNow t'other night and been playing it ever since. Obviously no way near as smooth or sexy looking as RDR2, but think I'm enjoying it more regardless. Just feels to have more fun factor plus a slightly tighter story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Rogue Company. Pretty fun FTP shooter game and objective based rather than BR ****e that's everywhere. Gunplay is good and abilities are fun. Bit glitchy and laggy but otherwise the game is really good and underrated in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Trying to get back into sekiro. Finding it too hard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭marko93

Ghosts of Tsushima, it is such a quality game. Just one of the few great games I’ve to play having skipped over owning a PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

marko93 wrote: »
    Ghosts of Tsushima, it is such a quality game. Just one of the few great games I’ve to play having skipped over owning a PS4

Aye, Im about 10 hours in myself. Absolutely stunning game. The combat properly clicked for me after 4 or 5 hours and now I have no hesitation going headlong into a battle rather than trying to snipe / assassinate. I rarely use the horse, just meandering along sort of following the main quest but getting side tracked by random encounters, foxes and golden birds. The game is massive but is so beautiful to look at it deserves exploration. And unlike its peers - Im looking at you Valhalla - the map is not cluttered with an over abundance of random side missions. Superb game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Got to borrow the brothers last of us part 2

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭actuar90

Finished cyberpunk a while back which I thought was good despite the issues (on ps4). Played control straight after which I thought was great and a much better overall game, highly recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Finally started Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend. It looks absolutely glorious on the PS5. €40 well spent I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Started into Valhalla proper over the weekend, so sticking to that for now. Couple of graphical glitches on PS5 but no bugs yet. Even with the "reduced" map, it's still icon city, but instead of icons it's silver, white or gold dots. I'm slowly getting into it so hopefully I can play it out, I bought the Gold edition, but really all I want to play is the sections in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Started into Valhalla proper over the weekend, so sticking to that for now. Couple of graphical glitches on PS5 but no bugs yet. Even with the "reduced" map, it's still icon city, but instead of icons it's silver, white or gold dots. I'm slowly getting into it so hopefully I can play it out, I bought the Gold edition, but really all I want to play is the sections in Ireland.

In the same boat as yourself. The dots are doing my bloody head in. I also think a small improvement on the map would be if u hovered over an icon, it would show the name of that, rather than having to open the legend all of the time

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    In the same boat as yourself. The dots are doing my bloody head in. I also think a small improvement on the map would be if u hovered over an icon, it would show the name of that, rather than having to open the legend all of the time

Took me ages to realise that's a feature and not a bug...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Playing Dead Cells right now. Have it on Switch as well but I wanted to rack up some trophies (for all they're worth nowadays - ever since the overhaul of the trophy system I've grown detached from my score). In the (rather horribly parahrased) words of my Deise compadres; tis fair hard bah!

I dunno what the hell I'm doing. I'm unlocking stuff like weapons but I can't use them when I go back to the start. I'm not familiar with rogue-likes that much. This is the first one that has me hooked, but I'll admit I'm still playing blindly, and I'm on my 15th run.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Believe it or not - manhunter and the simplicity of the game is actually refreshingly enjoyable.
    I do have a few issues with it. But its quite a fun little game, just glad it came with + and I didnt buy it on launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

At the risk of spoiling it for myself, are there bits in Ireland? Would be class. I understood that Ireland is a forthcoming DLC for it.

Finished Wasteland 3 today. Pretty decent. Wish there were more TBS games about. Would love a new X-Com. Phoenix Point was a big dissapointment.

Started playing Outer Worlds but not impressed so far at all. Feels like a budget Bethesda game.

I'm unlocking stuff like weapons but I can't use them when I go back to the start. I'm not familiar with rogue-likes that much. This is the first one that has me hooked, but I'll admit I'm still playing blindly, and I'm on my 15th run.

You unlock the recipe by playing, but once you beat the game once and receive your first boss soul (I believe) a little dude is there between levels where you can spend your souls on the recipes to unlock them for loot drops. Thought he was there from the start but been a while since I played.

Once you've spent the souls on the recipes (or whatever they're called), they will then be part of the random drops/starting weapons. From speaking to a lad that has over 2000 runs done, do what I did and don't unlock everything. The more you unlock, the more random the drops. I concentrated on the skills/weapons I liked and got them dropping more often.

I wouldn't be huge into die/repeat games, but I sunk quite a bit of time into this as it's rewarding. Although at the run for the 2nd or 3rd boss cell and the game can go fvck itself now. Don't know how people get to 5BC...
    J Mysterio wrote: »
    At the risk of spoiling it for myself, are there bits in Ireland? Would be class. I understood that Ireland is a forthcoming DLC for it.

I believe you go to Dublin for the main campaign at some stage, but can't say for certain. Could be mixing that up with the DLC. I'm asking a mate who has finished to confirm. Edit: No, you don't go there in the main game.

• Advertisement

It's cool to have AC in Ireland, but the druids don't look at all right to me per this video, nor do the ringforts etc.

Hopefully there will be some realism RE Ireland and it won't be just 'West Britain' with shaman looking 'druid' lads with dodgy accents. I'd be more interested in the Irish clans of the time, like the O'Neills etc. I'm almost sure they will squeeze in Brian Boru. Limerick should be in this :)

To be fair, there are a lot of Irish characters/ voice-over artists in the main game, so should at least have that.

Advertisement