Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,667 ✭✭✭✭klose

Finally got around the playing god of war, free download with the ps5, recalling the axe when it's stuck in enemies heads is as bad ass a feeling I've felt in gaming in a long while :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Broforce on PS Now - a hell of a lot of fun single player or online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Could anyone recommend a decent 3/4 player co op that me and a couple of mates who got PS5's could play? I remember playing Dying Light a couple of years back solo, is the co op on there any good?

I turned on GTA Online for the first time in about 2-3 years the other day, I don't even know where to start with the amount of new stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Was playing F1 2020 a few weeks ago and after a season of MyTeam there (fun game and gamemode imo), went on to Frostpunk which I had a lot of fun with. On Ghosts of Tsushima now which is excellent. Only done 6 or 7 quests atm but good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm on my 2nd playthrough of RDR2. I was in the epilogue and my PlayStation locked up, did some googling and a solution was to restore PS to factory settings. I knew I'd lose my save, but felt it was also a good excuse to start again. Would happily play this game and nothing else for the foreseeable...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a decent 3/4 player co op that me and a couple of mates who got PS5's could play? I remember playing Dying Light a couple of years back solo, is the co op on there any good?

I turned on GTA Online for the first time in about 2-3 years the other day, I don't even know where to start with the amount of new stuff...

Borderlands 3, the series is designed around co-op. Will be great if you enjoy shooters with a looting element.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Penn wrote: »
    Are you using different builds/weapons?

My fear if I ever went to replay Bloodborne again would be that I'd just go for the Hunters Axe and big swing attack again, which got me through about 90% of the game. But it can take so long to get some of the other good weapons and upgrade materials that by then you've invested too much in your starter weapon anyway.

Funny you should say that.
    GAME 1 - The axe
    Game 2 - the cane - loved it that time
    Game 3 - started with the saw, meh. Upgraded to axe and now on the holy sword, just upgraded that with the last of the chunks and need a block now. Mainly using it in special mode.
    Have never been able to parry so brute forcing it.

Concentrated on strength, now onto skill. Might see what arcane does for me later.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

After missing out on it on the PS4, I have picked up spiderman ultimate edition for the PS5. Having lots of fun with it so far. It should keep me occupied for the next few weeks with all the content that's included.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Penn wrote: »
    Have finally started replaying Horizon Zero Dawn. The game still looks and plays amazingly considering its almost 4 years old (though playing on PS5 which probably helps too).

I was about to type that I forgot how much I hated Glinthawks, but then I realised I didn't. I fully remember how much I hate Glinthawks, and I always shall.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭joficeduns1

Finished RE7 at the weekend, a very solid entry. The molded monster things became stale pretty quick and felt repetitive but the story keeps you ticking along and the locations were good. Looking forward to RE8/Village later this year.

Started up Control late last week too and still getting to grips with it. Seems like a bonkers concept but hopefully it becomes clearer as you progress. Really nice to see DualSense features implemented for the PS5 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Finished RE7 at the weekend, a very solid entry.

Played in VR? Worth a replay just for that if not :D

Wear the brown pants

mrcheez wrote: »
    Played in VR? Worth a replay just for that if not :D

Wear the brown pants

No actually, haven't looked into getting the VR yet but I must do some research.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Final Fantasy 8 on the Ps1, have Ps5 here gathering dust until they bring out something decent to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Nioh Collection for PS5 arrived today from Amazon.com

Have never played it so looking forward to it as it has good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Burzum wrote: »
    Final Fantasy 8 on the Ps1, have Ps5 here gathering dust until they bring out something decent to play.

Have a huge soft spot of FF8, triple triad on top of it all makes it even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Burzum wrote: »

Have a 2nd or 3rd look at the best of what came out on PS4 over the years - These games are running like a dream on the PS5, are still epic and many have had updates for the PS5 hardware too.

Also there's no shortage of supply as people ditch their PS4 holdings at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Splitting my time between uncharted 4 and Medievil. Playing Medievil through PSNow and have to say it’s a great service.

Control has some great elements, it's tickling a horror- itch too and feels like the most modern game I've played before. Really captivating. Combat is challenging enough too.

One fault is the checkpointing. I've died a few times and you end up back at a control point which means a bit of wandering to get back to where you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Control has some great elements, it's tickling a horror- itch too and feels like the most modern game I've played before. Really captivating. Combat is challenging enough too.

One fault is the checkpointing. I've died a few times and you end up back at a control point which means a bit of wandering to get back to here you were.

Yeah the maps, in particular the individual floors on each level, are particularly bad

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yeah the maps, in particular the individual floors on each level, are particularly bad

The map is pretty woeful but I do like that it's an overlay and you can watch where you're going. I find the in-world signs around the building better for navigation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,579 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Onto the final mission in Horizon. Really enjoyed replaying. Have mostly just belted through, though did do a lot of side stuff as well. Just didn't spend as much time this playthrough going through all the dialogue options with all NPCs, and had better menu/storage management this time around too. Don't think I'll go back to the DLC, might just move on to something else once I finish the last main mission.

They really need to get rid of some of the minor traps and antidotes though. In both playthroughs I don't think I've ever used them. If anything, make it so you can map specific ones to the left/right dpad buttons (similar to Souls games), because trying to scroll to find one in the middle of a fight is utterly pointless when they're pretty underpowered anyway. Some bank/storage system and more uses for parts you get from machines would be welcome too in a sequel. Maybe unique items from different merchants too, like merchants in a specific tribes camp only have special items related to that tribe.

Still love the story too. Far better than I thought it'd be before the game's release, and some great moments throughout.

F*ck Glinthawks.

Still getting so much out of the epic journey that is Days Gone, what an amazing game.

Not really spoilers but thought I'd better use the tags just in case......
    - Took down the Chemult Horde last night, the whole sequence of events they they worked out to set up that scenario was absolutely outstanding.

Needed advance scheming and planning, multiple revisions of various tactics, weapons juggling and frenetic running, gunning, panicking and desperation diving to eventually come out on top.

A great feeling of achievement when all of your planning and orchestrated sequences of booby traps pays off.

Thought it was amazing - Reminded me of the Venice sequence in one of the early Tomb Raiders where you're just blown away by the whole thing.

Playing on Hard II which I recommend - Its hard enough to make a game out of it if you're interested in a long leisurely playthrough without any rush to finish - Has been challenging but not frustrating or a grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,268 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Spent the last year of lockdown on tlou2, Ghost of tsushima, both spiderman games, last guardian, ps5 version of GOW.
    But I've really been focused on Gran Turismo. Currently on B/S rating having peaked A/A, after I think my 5th reset of the year, purchased a wheel and rig, hopefully the update in a couple of weeks sorts out the penalty system for the new fia season (which I'm hoping to break into the top 16 nationally).
    And it seems it'll be here for a while longer as GT7 won't be released until '22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Still getting so much out of the epic journey that is Days Gone, what an amazing game.

Not really spoilers but thought I'd better use the tags just in case......
    - Took down the Chemult Horde last night, the whole sequence of events they they worked out to set up that scenario was absolutely outstanding.

Needed advance scheming and planning, multiple revisions of various tactics, weapons juggling and frenetic running, gunning, panicking and desperation diving to eventually come out on top.

A great feeling of achievement when all of your planning and orchestrated sequences of booby traps pays off.

Thought it was amazing - Reminded me of the Venice sequence in one of the early Tomb Raiders where you're just blown away by the whole thing.

Playing on Hard II which I recommend - Its hard enough to make a game out of it if you're interested in a long leisurely playthrough without any rush to finish - Has been challenging but not frustrating or a grind.

It an amazing game, no game has given the tension and pressure while trying to plan out a way to take out a horde while not getting noticed and the tension of having so many of them running at you

bmorrissey wrote: »
    It an amazing game, no game has given the tension and pressure while trying to plan out a way to take out a while not getting noticed and the tension of having so many of them running at you

I have the usual nostalgic admiration and affection for TLOU I & II.

Feels like a bit of a betrayal to say that Days Gone wins out on a lot of levels, never thought I'd be saying that.

* Playing on PS5 with all the previous bugs eliminated, runs beautifully at 4k, 60fps with beautiful HDR backdrops of the mountains and valleys of Oregon and a very intricately detailed World in terms of buildings, vehicles, misc objects and everything else in between.

Absolutely worth a look if like me you were put off by the so-called Critics who wrongfully dismissed this game on release.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

So really trying to get through my enormous backlog of games just finished Jedi fallen order , really good and tlou 2 which was amazing. So now a question my next game I wanted to play is little nightmares which I bought last year on my Canadian account on my PS4, now I have a ps5 and downloaded it today but it won’t let me play it on my profile the little lock sign is on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jayisplay wrote: »
    So really trying to get through my enormous backlog of games just finished Jedi fallen order , really good and tlou 2 which was amazing. So now a question my next game I wanted to play is little nightmares which I bought last year on my Canadian account on my PS4, now I have a ps5 and downloaded it today but it won’t let me play it on my profile the little lock sign is on.

Restore licences or set primary/not primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

F1ngers wrote: »
    Restore licences or set primary/not primary.

I will try restore licences , on the ps5 there is no option for primary or not primary.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I will try restore licences , on the ps5 there is no option for primary or not primary.

Set CA as primary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

There is, IIRC it is called something else but it functions in exactly the same way.

Advertisement