Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I can't get into a lot of games these days, I think for the first time ever I'm going to go back and replay God Of War.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Finally got the Borderlands 3 platinum after 1 year and 5 months! Maybe if the DLCs go on sale I will try to for the 100%. I think I’ll try FFVII Remake next.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mobile Suit Gundam EXTREME VS. Maxi Boost ON

Got it for €38 in a psn sale.

It feels like a mix of a fighting game and shmup.

And also feels a bit like playing as Godzilla!

It definitely has a learning curve but I’m enjoying it.

It’s different which is refreshing in an age of polished yet homogenous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭nedd

Finished Jedi Fallen Order. Got EA Play for 99c. Good game and well worth that price 😂😂

Playing Fallout New Vegas on PS Now. Looks about the same as Outer Worlds on the Switch. Never played New Vegas so looking forward to getting into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

That's funny, I'm loving God of War. Yeah there's repetition but I do enjoy the combat. Just got the second weapon so that's providing some variety. I'm really invested in the mythology too so that's helping with the story interest.

Turns out I was wrong about the whole ''underwhelmed'' part. I obviously hadn't got that far into the game when I made that post.

Just completed the main story and the game turned out to be amazing! Easily up there with the best single player games I've played. Can't wait for the new one on the ps5. I still have more to explore and a Valkyrie queen (who's kicked my arse several time) to kill so looking forward to that.

On to The Last Of Us next. Hopefully it's as brilliant as it's made out to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

lemonkey wrote: »
    Turns out I was wrong about the whole ''underwhelmed'' part. I obviously hadn't got that far into the game when I made that post.

Just completed the main story and the game turned out to be amazing! Easily up there with the best single player games I've played. Can't wait for the new one on the ps5. I still have more to explore and a Valkyrie queen (who's kicked my arse several time) to kill so looking forward to that.

On to The Last Of Us next. Hopefully it's as brilliant as it's made out to be.

Good to hear it made come around! I tried one Valkyrie mid-campaign (knowing what they were) for the laugh and got my ass kicked. Giving myself a break with Control before going back to platinum, maybe a NG+ before the sequel launches.

TLOU is a change of pace, I kinda butchered my playthrough but have fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

Good to hear it made come around! I tried one Valkyrie mid-campaign (knowing what they were) for the laugh and got my ass kicked. Giving myself a break with Control before going back to platinum, maybe a NG+ before the sequel launches.

TLOU is a change of pace, I kinda butchered my playthrough but have fun with it.

Admittedly I had to watch Youtube videos to kill 3 of the Valkyries. Found the key was having full rage going into the battle and having the rage resurrection stone ready. The last 4 you kill drop sick legendary armor. The queen is literally impossible, though.*

Change of pace might not be too bad on TLOU. One of my mates said I dare you to play it with headphones and in a dark room so I'm guessing it's gonna be a jumpy game :pac: . Is it worth the hype in your opinion?

*Disclaimer for anyone who hasn't played GOW; the above is not a spoiler. It's a side quest with no bearing on the games main story.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

lemonkey wrote: »

Change of pace might not be too bad on TLOU. One of my mates said I dare you to play it with headphones and in a dark room so I'm guessing it's gonna be a jumpy game :pac: . Is it worth the hype in your opinion?

In my opinion, no not really. It's a beautiful game, an interesting story (with loose parallels to GOW), and has great cinematic qualities. I felt it lacked a bit in combat scenarios which was disappointing.

It absolutely creates great atmospheres though, and there would be good times to have the headphones on and immerse yourself. It's important to remember that the game is about 7-8 years old now though, so certain aspects can be forgiven.

It'll be interesting to hear your opinion on it after though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Playing some old PS2 games, nothing really catching me on PS4 at the moment.
    mainly playing Smackdown here comes the pain, tony hawks underground and tekken tag tournament. Great stuff, might even pick some more PS2 games online in the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 33,695 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Started Hollow Knight last night. Seems okay. Not really grabbing me so far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Control. Not too far in yet.
    One wee thing I dislike is picking up something and it says to push the touchpad to view, but when you do you still need to navigate to it. I'm just used to pressing the button and it opening on the item I just picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,695 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wanted something easy to play without having to think too much, so said I'd try Ratchet & Clank (had it from PS+ before the Play For Life thing where its currently available too).

It's okay. It fits what I was looking for anyway. Running out of ammo and switching weapons can be a nightmare though, especially during a boss battle. The weapons I have assigned to the dpad keep randomly switching around too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Penn wrote: »
    Wanted something easy to play without having to think too much, so said I'd try Ratchet & Clank (had it from PS+ before the Play For Life thing where its currently available too).

It's okay. It fits what I was looking for anyway. Running out of ammo and switching weapons can be a nightmare though, especially during a boss battle. The weapons I have assigned to the dpad keep randomly switching around too.

yeah I tried Ratchet and Clank yesterday. Knew nothing about it, but it's like an interactive Pixar movie... I suppose that's what they were going for?

Very pretty and nice gameplay mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Control. Not too far in yet.
    One wee thing I dislike is picking up something and it says to push the touchpad to view, but when you do you still need to navigate to it. I'm just used to pressing the button and it opening on the item I just picked up.

That game has about 250 collectables and most of them are put directly in your path, you will be playing it all year if you stop and view/read all of them.

Just read the ones that you find in plot-important locations and ignore the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't usually read all collectibles but notification comes up, I open and see it's nothing important and close. For this have to open and navigate to any marked documents/items before can tell if it's anything of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 off ps now.
    First COD game I've played in years (think since black ops 1)

Not a bad shooter but the story is ... Well I don't know what's going on half the time lol. Just me?

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 off ps now.
    First COD game I've played in years (think since black ops 1)

Not a bad shooter but the story is ... Well I don't know what's going on half the time lol. Just me?

No the story is ****ing awful. The end of the game is notable for being both utterly ridiculous and mind-numbingly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Not just me so haha.

Cheers.

Not just me so haha.

Cheers.

To give you an idea of how stupid this game is, this is what happens in the finale:
    You stop a global catastrophe by invading a robot's dream

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Yeah the story is garbage but zombies is good fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Finished Persona 5 Royal after 120 odd hours and got the Platinum trophy in one run. Thank christ too. As much as I absolutely loved every minute of the game (outside mementos) I couldn't face a NG+ run right away.

Not sure what's next but I picked up P5 Strikers during the week. Still have to give Hitman 2 a bash as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Moonlighter: It initially had that Stardew Valley "just 2 more minutes" loop, but after the second dungeon I'm kinda sick of it. It's not adding anything new, only making what you have better, which isn't enough to hold my attention. The story seems alright, but it's a bit too grindy and slightly frustrating when you lose all your loot. Don't think I'll be finishing it tbh.

Dying Light: Just finished the main game end mission, still an excellent game but I'll probably move on instead of going into the Following DLC again.

Subnautica: I reckon I'm in the last third of the game, but I lost a couple of hours progress 2 nights ago due to a corrupt save and I couldn't do it all again (it was mostly searching for resources to improve the Cyclops, and I can't do it all again right now!). Still a great game, and definitely one of the best worlds out there to explore.

Rocket League: Playing a hape of this lately, and I smiled a little when I got to break the news of the "new" XP level system, he was rightly miffed when I hit Level 100 (Rocketeer) with less than 2 days of play time (basically double XP with the Rocket Pass). He has over 2 solid months of playtime to get near that!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Days Gone, on the PS5.

Free on PS5, looks and runs fantastic and is really enjoyable.

Not sure why this doesn't get more plaudits. Maybe it was buggy when it first released last gen but I've sunk countless hours into it since i picked up the PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Days Gone, on the PS5.

Not sure why this doesn't get more plaudits. Maybe it was buggy when it first released last gen but I've sunk countless hours into it since i picked up the PS5.

This was one I was constantly putting on the back burner.
    Its great, i've only played about 10hours.

Its one that suffered due to bad press really and silly bugs at the start.

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Days Gone, on the PS5.

It was kinda buggy at launch, but even then the general audience reception was far better than the critical reception.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

coolisin wrote: »
    This was one I was constantly putting on the back burner.
    Its great, i've only played about 10hours.

Its one that suffered due to bad press really and silly bugs at the start.

I played it when it came onto PS Now a while back.

Its amazing but when you look back on it, theres pacing issues with the game and it came out at a bit of a saturattion point with zombies in peoples minds IMO.

Brilliant game... if they dont sequel after the ending I will change my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭ronano

Little nightmares 2 - brilliant, creepy, unsettling and looks fantastic. It's a weird one for me because the 1st i found underwhelming but they knocked it out of the park for the second so far

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

It's been mentioned loads of times but I've been flat out on God of War the last couple of weeks. I bought it at launch but could never get into it. Went back to it after the PS5 update. I'm very glad I did now.. Haven't been this hooked on a game in years. Working my way through the Valkyries now. The last two I've to get take a lot more work than the rest so I dunno of I'll have the persistence to get them

Dying for the new one now :D

It's been mentioned loads of times but I've been flat out on God of War the last couple of weeks. I bought it at launch but could never get into it. Went back to it after the PS5 update. I'm very glad I did now.. Haven't been this hooked on a game in years. Working my way through the Valkyries now. The last two I've to get take a lot more work than the rest so I dunno of I'll have the persistence to get them

Dying for the new one now :D

Key to beating the final Valkyrie is to interrupt her with Atreus when she is charging for her ultra attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinnerboy0

Got the platinum in Spiderman Remastered and finished the DLC. Going to platinum Miles Morales now and have just started new game plus.

Advertisement