Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Winter = gaming.

Summer days = drinkin and bbq’ing.

Summer nights = drunk gaming.

Tell me more, tell me more.

Summer gaming just means closing the blinds/curtains.
    And playing games at night means you may notice it getting bright earlier than you would like

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Winter = gaming.

Summer days = gaming behind closed curtains in the sweltering heat and with a ring of light still managing to get past the curtains

Summer nights = drunk gaming.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

I play when I'm in the mood. Weather doesn't really factor. Finding the time however :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Usually play mid-late evenings, so it's dark all year at that time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Still plugging away at Days Gone. I think this game has been horribly underrated. There is nothing about this game that allows it to deserve the mixed reception it got, at least from my perspective. I went into it thinking I'd probably rush through the story and be done with it in a week but it's been about two weeks and I still haven't put it down (and I have the worst attention span, so it's a pretty big deal to me if a game can keep me this hooked for this long without stopping).

I'm having so much fun. I truly believe it's one of the most underrated and underappreciated exclusives Sony has ever put out, at least in recent years.

• Advertisement

Still plugging away at Days Gone. I think this game has been horribly underrated. There is nothing about this game that allows it to deserve the mixed reception it got, at least from my perspective. I went into it thinking I'd probably rush through the story and be done with it in a week but it's been about two weeks and I still haven't put it down (and I have the worst attention span, so it's a pretty big deal to me if a game can keep me this hooked for this long without stopping).

I'm having so much fun. I truly believe it's one of the most underrated and underappreciated exclusives Sony has ever put out, at least in recent years.

Recently finished my 2nd playthrough (Survivor difficulty) and am still convinced it's the best game ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Recently finished my 2nd playthrough (Survivor difficulty) and am still convinced it's the best game ever

How was survivor difficulty? Much fun or a grind? I have it downloaded and plan on playing it on Survivor soon

bmorrissey wrote: »
    How was survivor difficulty? Much fun or a grind? I have it downloaded and plan on playing it on Survivor soon

Certainly wouldn't call it grindy. If anything more immersion due to limited mini map and none of the x-ray type vision ability you get on lower levels, so you just need to be a little more tactical and stealthy, especially early on before you get the more powerful weapons and Nero injectors Enemies are of course a little more difficult, for instance less shots to kill you, but still plenty of resources around if you do any amount if looting so shouldn't be too big a stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't call it grindy. If anything more immersion due to limited mini map and none of the x-ray type vision ability you get on lower levels, so you just need to be a little more tactical and stealthy, especially early on before you get the more powerful weapons and Nero injectors Enemies are of course a little more difficult, for instance less shots to kill you, but still plenty of resources around if you do any amount if looting so shouldn't be too big a stretch

Brilliant, been over a year since i played on normal difficulty, looking forward to playing it again, brilliant game

• Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

Kremin wrote: »
    Really wish there were more co-op puzzle games available for playstation. Finished It Takes two, mostly done sackboy, going to try Unravel 2 next but is there any other co op games anyone can suggest?

You could try We Were Here (series). I have not played it yet but it seems to have good reviews. Also, Knights and Bikes look really good - but maybe it's just me :) and could be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 MrZibi

I've platinumed Ghost of Tsushima and started 2nd playthrough (done 1st one with Japanese voice and ENG subs since it felt like the best setup). Also tried Legends mode and will probably sink some time there since mechanics are some good!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Back trying a pure sorcerer build in Dark Souls 3.
    Hard to resist the temptation to up stats for weapons, especially coming out of BB and Demon Souls. Feel very underpowered with minimal health, one or two hits and I’m down and yes I still can’t parry to save my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Taltos wrote: »
    Back trying a pure sorcerer build in Dark Souls 3.
    Hard to resist the temptation to up stats for weapons, especially coming out of BB and Demon Souls. Feel very underpowered with minimal health, one or two hits and I’m down and yes I still can’t parry to save my life.

An issue I've kinda found with SoulsBorne games is that it always seems more difficult to start off the game as a magic build, and then can often become incredibly overpowered by the end. But it's also harder to choose a magic build for your first playthrough because the right combination of spells, skills, items etc can be hard to determine on your own in your first playthrough of the game.

Bloodborne especially, where it seems like so many of the items etc or how high some of your stats have to be to make full use of arcane is something I doubt too many new players will invest in when they could just beef up a big saw and hack sh*t to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

How amazing is Bugsnax. The game has such heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Good documentary on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

duploelabs wrote: »
    Good documentary on it here
    Fixed.
    You just need the BtRCO7_hU7M part of the address

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Really enjoying GOW in the PS5, looks insane on the OLED I picked up last week....

Last year on the PS4 I played nothing but Destiny 2, literally nothing else and was a little concerned the PS5 would turn into a more expensive Destiny 2 machine... Thankfully I didn't go on Destiny much and now rarely play it.

Just preordered the Resident Evil Village game, looks great and should start to really show what the PS5 can do...

Considering Returnal but will wait and see some player experiences first.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭joficeduns1

Have fallen out of Control for now, maybe will revisit in the future. We've been pouring hours into Witcher 3 though, what a game. Playing through it on the PS4, but could see myself having another crack at it on the PS5 if there is an update in the future.

Any tips out there for a playthrough? Just in Skellige at the moment getting quests done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Kremin wrote: »
    Really wish there were more co-op puzzle games available for playstation. Finished It Takes two, mostly done sackboy, going to try Unravel 2 next but is there any other co op games anyone can suggest?
    Human fall flat is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Wrapped up Bugsnax, loved it.

Just chilling with Abzu and Sonic Mania until I settle on a bigger game to get into. Either Days Gone or FF 7 remake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Finished Rage 2 the other evening and Resi Village arrived today so that will do me for a while. Will get stuck into the FF7 remake after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

What did you think of Rage 2?

I really enjoyed it tbh, mad max crossed with Doom. It gets a bit samey after a while but I managed to get through the campaign in around 30 hours or so and that was doing a good few side missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I think I've hit the "squeaky bum time" part of Days Gone, storywise. Still have a few side stuff to clean up. I had a quick look at the trophy list, and I think I can nab the Platinum on this fairly easy enough. Might take a bit of time but I think I can get it. Seems attainable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I been playing Hitman 3 which is very enjoyable. Liking it more than I thought I would, as Hitman 2 didn't really do it for me.

One annoyance is that the game has crashed a number of times - the screen just freezes and the only button that will work is the PS Home so you have to quit out of the game and reload - has happened about half a dozen times now.

Also it keeps giving me an error message about my cloud save being corrupted whenever I start the game and I have to choose the console save data to proceed.

Anyone else run into problems with this game?

It's the PS5 version BTW

Hood: Outlaws and Legends. A MP heist game set in Robin Hood world with some stealthy assassins creed gameplay thrown in. A lot of fun so far

• Registered Users Posts: 9,758 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Very slowly trying to force my way through TLOU2. It's dull and repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

lertsnim wrote: »
    Very slowly trying to force my way through TLOU2. It's dull and repetitive.
    Yup - enjoyed it to the halfway point. No spoilers but that point just got me to put it down immediately. Not looked back.

Playing Nioh now - enjoying it even if I am playing it as a Dark Souls game

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Still on GOW but have the Res Evil Village game stealing time from it... enjoyable too.

Advertisement