Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭joficeduns1

Nope, but it's in my backlog. I even got the Royal edition. The campaign is supposed to be about 100 hours and yet its completion rate is very high which is a good sign, although JRPGs tend to have higher completion rates.

I'd only heard good things but had no idea what it was going to be like. I may revisit it at another stage but I think next for me will be HZD (if the PS5 patch comes tonight) or RE8.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

I'd only heard good things but had no idea what it was going to be like. I may revisit it at another stage but I think next for me will be HZD (if the PS5 patch comes tonight) or RE8.

They announced a HZD patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's unbelievable value, I got the GOTY edition for €10 and I feel like I've robbed CDPR.

Don't feel bad about that.

I feel like I've robbed CDPR.

Many experienced the opposite feeling recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Markitron wrote: »
    They announced a HZD patch?

Not yet! I'm hoping tonight they announce something for it. I want to jump into it on the ps5 properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just completed Last of Us 2... gotta say, it was outstanding in my book. Story will stick with me for a long time, like Part 1 did.

Now to dig into why some people didn't like it... I purposely avoided any discussion until I completed it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Like I said before, the reason people were mad about it was obviously due to them
    not recognising Pluto as a planet in the museum

mrcheez wrote: »
    Now to dig into why some people didn't like it...

Seriously, just don't.

saw a few vids and it's pretty hilarious

mrcheez wrote: »
    Just completed Last of Us 2... gotta say, it was outstanding in my book. Story will stick with me for a long time, like Part 1 did.

Now to dig into why some people didn't like it... I purposely avoided any discussion until I completed it

Without spoiling for others, I guess there's a particular scene they don't like. And if you felt particularly strongly about that scene there's like ten hours of gameplay you're probably going to hate.

I think that sums up the critique for those who weren't just being mean.

That's why I don't like games such as TLOU or Uncharted. They are so heavily dependent on the story that if you don't like the story the game is basically ruined.

• Advertisement

yup that scene was shocking and unexpected, but I loved how emotionally involved I got in the story and it was all part of the experience as if I lived it myself... so it's something tangible that will stick with me and that's a sign of a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Started Yakuza 4 after finishing 3. Bit of an improvement mechanically wise compared to 3 but still nowhere close to kiwami remakes. Still an excellent story. Bought last of us 2 and wasteland 3 in Smyths yesterday. So handy now that all the PS4 games are going cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭puzl

Recently I worked through a bunch of unfinished games I had started on ps4 and for one reason or another didn't finish.

Uncharted 4 - excellent ending to an otherwise forgettable story.

Ghost of Tsushima - game of the year for me. The only reason I didn't complete it on ps4 is it made the console sound like a jet engine.

Ratchet and Clank. Silly little game with very satisfying guns.

And now I'm after finally pulling the trigger on Valhalla. My first AC experience since AC1 back on PS3.

I know I know..didn't like the first one. Some friends said I should play Valhalla after enjoying Ghost of Tsushima so much.

So far I'm enjoying it, but early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Anyone playing Resident Evil Village, what do ye think of it? I got it a fee weeks back for my birthday and loving it so far.

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Finished the remasteer of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare the other day and then started into Titanfall 2 (haven't played the first one yet). I'm quite enjoying it as not having read reviews I had no idea what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

Oh no.
    As someone who is about to do the same thing, would you recommend playing Origins or Odyssey beforehand?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Finished the remasteer of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare the other day and then started into Titanfall 2 (haven't played the first one yet). I'm quite enjoying it as not having read reviews I had no idea what to expect.

Pro: One of the best fps out there and the multiplayer servers are still very active
    Con: the single player campaign is quite short

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

D-K wrote: »
    As someone who is about to do the same thing, would you recommend playing Origins or Odyssey beforehand?

No real need, there is a kind of arcing story behind them all (The bits set in the modern day), but they don't really matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Still on RE Village, just took down the Virtua Fighter 5 freebie and also still playing GOW

• Advertisement

I read a story synopsis before starting into valhalla

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Playing FF 7 Remake. It's weird hearing Badger from Breaking Bad as the voice of Wedge. So far it's been fun, kinda miss the victory melody when you finish a fight. Interested to see how much of the original story it gets through having only recently played the original.

rizzla wrote: »
    Playing FF 7 Remake. It's weird hearing Badger from Breaking Bad as the voice of Wedge. So far it's been fun, kinda miss the victory melody when you finish a fight. Interested to see how much of the original story it gets through having only recently played the original.

I couldn't get into it. I loved the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Finished RE Village last week. Loved it! Played through it again, then, started RE4 again, played through twice too, now onto Ada's bits.

RE4 is just the best. No idea when I'll go back to Village though.

RE4 is just the best.

This is all kinds of correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

I couldn't get into it. I loved the original.

Same, i loved everything about the remake except the combat system. Really couldn't warm to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The only thing that really irritates me in the FF 7 remake is the camera automatically switches shoulders on Cloud. I like having the camera over the right shoulder with the character being off centre to the left but it just randomly switches between right and left shoulder and there is no manual button to switch it back.

Advertisement