Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It feels dirty to say it, but I'm enjoying an EA game. Knockout City. It's good. Quite good actually. As someone else said on Facebook, it's amazing that people will enjoy a finished game that isn't dictated by MT's (even though they are there, they're 100% cosmetic). I've got a few lads to play it, and they've said the same. It's just fun to play, but with a proper team you may never lose!

For shigs and gittles, I downloaded Mechanic Simulator last night. Without changing the difficulty, it's like adult lego. There's really no skill to it, but there's an expert mode so I'd image that makes it somewhat hard. But I'm not looking for hard, so I'm kinda getting sucked into the mundane simplicity of this. Can't see it lasting too long though, but I'm still only early so not sure what else one unlocks as you progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Just started Days Gone. I'm really looking forward to it. Although I haven't spoiled much for myself I am aware of the hordes and I'm dreading them. I might have to play from behind the couch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I started World War Z on PS Now as it's one of the games that are up for a limited time frame. I gave up after 2 missions, it's really poor. Even if you play in offline mode, you can't pause the game. Also if you die you need to restart the entire mission again. The gameplay is fine but offers nothing new and doesn't do enough for me to forgive the other huge issues. I doubt I'll be going back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Just started Days Gone. I'm really looking forward to it. Although I haven't spoiled much for myself I am aware of the hordes and I'm dreading them. I might have to play from behind the couch.

You won’t have to deal with them until the last few hours of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saz2020

Started playing Far Cry 3 for the first time a few days ago.it was on sale for 2.99. Wow what a game.how i missed this one for the ps3 ill never know. Playing 2hours every night. Such an amazing game.also bought 4 and 5 as they were also on a good price so once i finish 3 ill be starting on them.

I personally think it peaked at 3. 4, 5 and ND are all carbon copies that try to find the fun that 3 had but somehow loses it steadily over them. Won't be getting 6 near launch at all, will have to wait and see if it's just a shinier version of 3/4/5/ND.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Agreed, I finished 4, got about 6 hours into Primal, and about 4 into FC5 before I dropped them. The law of diminishing returns was strong with that series.

I got a PS4 back after a while without it. My backlog is

* Avengers - main story done, need to do DLC now
    * Last of Us 2 - currently playing
    * Ghost of Tsushima - next on list
    * Life is Strange 1/2
    * Resident Evil 3
    * Star Wars Squadrons

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

chrislad wrote: »
    Agreed, I finished 4, got about 6 hours into Primal, and about 4 into FC5 before I dropped them. The law of diminishing returns was strong with that series.

I got a PS4 back after a while without it. My backlog is

* Avengers - main story done, need to do DLC now
    * Last of Us 2 - currently playing
    * Ghost of Tsushima - next on list
    * Life is Strange 1/2
    * Resident Evil 3
    * Star Wars Squadrons

Squadrons I thought was terrible

duploelabs wrote: »
    Squadrons I thought was terrible

Hard disagree here, it is the closest we have ever gotten to the 90's X-Wing and TIE Fighter games. Surprisingly good campaign and a fun multiplayer, it was one of my favourite games last year.

• Advertisement

Got slightly sucked into Car Mechanic Sim over the last week. Strangely, the upgrades for your shop are tied to XP levels rather than, you know, being able to purchase them with profits. It's stretching out the game a bit much, as apparantly it's when you get the 3rd big shop upgrade (level 30, i'm level 18 with 20 hours played) it really opens up and becomes a different game, you go more into restoration and sales rather than repairs. There's an achievement for selling 1000 cars! So won't be a plat game for me, but gonna try and plough on until the 3rd shop upgrade and see then. It's quite annoying to get orders to fix body panels but all you can do until level 30 is replace them with new parts which you then can't paint until level 30.

I'm giving this game too much time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Started playing some sonic team racing last night on PS now....man its dull, granted only done a few races but i cant see myself staying with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I played an hour or so of the new Ratchet and Clank. I've not played any of the previous ones and I'm not into platformers usually but it was quite fun, and it's bloody gorgeous. I know this has been thrown out there for others before but this one really does look like Pixar-The-Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

I’ve been trying to get rid of a lock symbol above a bootcrank in R&C for ages, I’m probably going to look dumb when someone points it out but hey ho

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Booted up VR for the first time on the PS5 so playing Iron Man.

I'll say it's hard but I'm probably just not very good as it took longer it probably should have to finish the Shanghai chapter (Chapter 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Catching up on PS4 games myself. Finished God of War a few weeks back, incredible game and worthy of a playstation purchase just to play it. Then I ploughed through FFVII:Remake, it is a bit of a slog in parts but overall I enjoyed it, looking forward to part 2. I got all the way to the end of the original but then lost 90+ hours of gameplay when a sibling overwrote the memory card! So, getting a chance to replay it is great. Onto Horizon Zero Dawn now, and I'm not too sold on it. It seems very janky and the story so far seems to be a missed opportunity. Only 25% in though so will play a bit more to see, the combat is at least fun and I like that it is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished Ratchet and Clank on PS5 not sure what to start next Doom Eternal or Ghosts of Tsushima , have started both previously both got sidetracked ,also have Villiage to finish

Finished Ratchet and Clank on PS5 not sure what to start next Doom Eternal or Ghosts of Tsushima , have started both previously both got sidetracked ,also have Villiage to finish

If you haven’t played GoT yet then you may as well hang on for the directors cut native PS5 version.

Have to pay €30 extra for that though if have the PS4 version. I have the PS4 version so will just be playing it with any performance boosts the PS5 gives it.

Just been playing VR Worlds. London Heist was fun. Finished part 1 of Scavengers Odyssey so will play part 2 tomorrow maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Finished Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart last night. Fun game. Might go back to TLOU2 and try to finish it. Seems its had a 60fps upgrade since I last played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Playing the FF8 remaster currently. One of my favourites from the PS era. The triple speed option is a god send for the early grindier parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Playing the FF8 remaster currently. One of my favourites from the PS era. The triple speed option is a god send for the early grindier parts.

It makes drawing so much more easier but it also leaves you to be able to draw to 100 stock in a battle relatively faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just been playing VR Worlds. London Heist was fun. Finished part 1 of Scavengers Odyssey so will play part 2 tomorrow maybe

That game without my VR legs in place broke me, had me laying on the couch wanting to puke!! Massive mistake putting that game on nearly first when I got the PSVR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was telling a friend how great Hollow Knight was, so now I'm 15 hours into a replay, and wondering do I want to go full masochist and go for the platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Hi, I've been playing F1 2020 also asseto corsa ,grid pga tour 2k20 and wrc 8. As you can see I jump from game to game after about an hour or 2 on one game I just dont have the concentration levels anymore. I'm old now btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Started Mafia Definitive edition last night. Played about an hour of it.

Love the setting and time period.

Interesting main character and story from the off.

Looking forward to more of it later.

Started Mafia Definitive edition last night. Played about an hour of it.

Love the setting and time period.

Interesting main character and story from the off.

Looking forward to more of it later.

Played this last year after playing 2 and 3 a few years before - mainly out of curiosity because 2 in particular is one of my favourite games - I really enjoyed it and think you're in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I started World War Z on PS Now as it's one of the games that are up for a limited time frame. I gave up after 2 missions, it's really poor. Even if you play in offline mode, you can't pause the game. Also if you die you need to restart the entire mission again. The gameplay is fine but offers nothing new and doesn't do enough for me to forgive the other huge issues. I doubt I'll be going back to it.

Really enjoyed it. Very simple, almost old fashioned arcade style game. With zombies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement