Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Currently getting into Shadow of Mordor. So far so good, I found the learning curve a little bit steep to begin with. I'm not so sure on the side missions and the various Uruk captains you have to go after, but the story mode is good (although I find the story is suffering a little bit at the start - it's not 100% clear to me on what exactly is going on in places)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,952 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

So over a month into The Last of US (I don't get time to play all that much) and I can see why it's so popular. It started off being good but nothing amazing but it chips away at you. It really is a fantastic game. I had hoped to get quite a bit of time playing it over the weekend but the little one had a bad case of the sniffles so that went out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I never played a game where like TLOU where I had such an emotional attachment to the characters. Was full on dread near the end that one of them wasn't going to make it on the first play through. I'm currently playing
    Destiny 2
    RDR2
    AlienNation
    Doom
    Bulletstorm

Can't seem to settle on anything. Battliefield V from tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Currently been played is:

Destiny 2
    Fifa 19

And thats about the height of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Currently playing Metal Gear Solid 5.

Only on mission 16 or 17 but really enjoying it so far, the base building and staff recruiting is really addictive. After completing a few great open world games before this, I can't help feeling that the map is so empty, but thankfully the stealth gameplay is excellent and keeps it interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭TinCanMan

Bulletstorm which is free with PSN this month and is a complete blast.

I also installed Sky Force Anniversary as a game to throw on for a quick 10 minutes before playing something else and it's good craic. Nothing complicated, just fire at everything on screen. Upgrading your plane seems to be quite a slog though. I've thrown on some upgrades from the hangar but they don't really seem to be in effect...... that could be just me though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 yyt

Red Dead & Fifa
    Im basic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Red Dead at the moment and also picked up WWE 2K19 in the psn sale so been messing about with that too, Gonna concentrate on Red Dead though at the moment

RightO- finished The Last of Us last night and I'm on the DLC.

Any recommendations as to what to play next? Some options include:

Bulletstorm
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Unravel
    God of War III - Remastered (never played a GOW game)
    Destiny II (haven't played either)
    Metro Redux (haven't played either)
    Titanfall II (haven't played either)
    Gravity Rush
    Doom
    Horizon
    Far Cry 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,069 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RightO- finished The Last of Us last night and I'm on the DLC.

Any recommendations as to what to play next? Some options include:

Bulletstorm
    Yakuza Kiwami
    Unravel
    God of War III - Remastered (never played a GOW game)
    Destiny II (haven't played either)
    Metro Redux (haven't played either)
    Titanfall II (haven't played either)
    Gravity Rush
    Doom
    Horizon
    Far Cry 4

The campaign in Titanfall is quite short but very good and good value for the price it's at. HZD is one of the best you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I'd recommend Horizon. One of the best games I've played.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'd say Horizon too. Absolutely fantastic game. Regarding God of War 3 remastered though, I'd nearly skip it and go straight through to the new God of War game. As much as I enjoyed GOW3, the story isn't all that great, the combat is very good overall and some of the levels and boss fights are fantastic. But the new GOW just blows it straight out of the water, acts as a good jumping-on point for the franchise in terms of story and beats GOW3 in almost every metric available. I'm guessing you got it free with PS+, so it probably is worth playing at some point, but I'd be prioritising the new GOW over it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I would say the opposite, it would be very hard to play 3 after the latest version. Very different games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

whiterebel wrote: »
    I would say the opposite, it would be very hard to play 3 after the latest version. Very different games now.

I agree, but hence why I'd pick GOW above GOW3, because it's a far better gaming experience. It's going to be a huge shock either way going from one to the other, but I think jumping into GOW3 having never played one before, you'd be at a greater disadvantage in terms of not knowing the story and gameplay mechanics than if you started with GOW, which was essentially created to be a new jumping-on point for those who had never played a GOW game before, and designed to restart the franchise. I think with a decent enough break, GOW3 could then be played further down the line.

Just my 2c anyway. I did play GOW3 way back when and did consider picking it up before the new one came out, but I felt it was probably best just to enjoy the new game itself rather than replaying the old. Picked up GOW3 when it was on PS+ but haven't brought myself to play it yet.

Looks like it'll be Horizon next so, I'll give that a bash. As regards to GOW, I did indeed get GOW III free and as I have so many games that I haven't yet played it'd make no sense to skip that and get the new one, so I'll play that first before thinking about the latest one. Many thanks for all the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Just finished Yakuza 0. When I say finished, it took 35 hours to beat campaign and I've only 14% of the game completed.

Detroit Become Human just arrived in the post so I'm thinking that will be a nice change from slamming Yakuza thugs faces into the pavement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Uncharted 4. I'm a few years behind everyone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Nier: Automata. A stunning game.

Played this when it finally came to Xbox. Unbelievable game. Loved every minute of it.....yes even the hacking parts :)

Down to 19.99 in Argos at the moment too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Finished bioshock and started prey trying to get s similar vibe but eh

I know i bought some game twice on disc.... I can't remember whether it was this or something else. I'm heading towards Argos later today.

lertsnim wrote: »
    Uncharted 4. I'm a few years behind everyone else

I haven't played past II so you're OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I haven't played past II so you're OK.

I've never played an Uncharted game. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,909 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Anyone playing BF5 please add me , seannylovestea ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Still plugging through RDR2, but picked up God of War for €20 last Monday so might have that for afters. But prob end up getting Darksiders 3 on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭CWF

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Still plugging through RDR2, but picked up God of War for €20 last Monday so might have that for afters. But prob end up getting Darksiders 3 on Tuesday.

Where did you get God of war for 20

Just finished Detroit Become Human after picking it up last week. Great game. Was planning in trading once done but think I'll hang onto it and try a few different story paths. I was far too nice on first playthrough

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started playing God of War tonight.
    missing the Blades of Athena for fighting multiple enemies. Also miss being able to see behind me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭CWF

Started the Witcher 3. About 4 hours in and really getting into it.

Advertisement