Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Playing some older tony hawks games and some Mortal Kombat games on PS2 again, have the witcher in the PS4 but just cannot give time to it at all, cannot get into it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Moss pretty much just before the announcement of the sequel. Now just need to get back to it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Picked up Scarlet Nexus, played about 3 hours of it and was in combat for about 15 minutes of that. Its a very text/talking heavy game, and in typical anime fashion the really boring stuff is at the start. Not sure I'll play on.

Also started RDR2 again, but also hampered by my memories of the monotony. Plus it has no PS5 upgrades so I probably will stop playing that again soon.

Also playing plenty of Rocket League and Chivalry 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

I finished God of War for a 2nd time. I forgot just how great that story is. What a game.

I started FFVII Remake. I have never been able to get into a FF game (I really dislike turn based games). So far I am enjoying this one, the fighting is fun and the story is OK. It does remind me why I am not a fan of JRPGs. The voice acting and the characters are just terrible. And some of the scenarios, I don't mind fighting a massive robot with my 6ft long sword, but a guy doing backflips with a motorcycle is just too far. And the doe eyed female characters are as shallow as a paddling pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭brady12

The order 1886!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Played Uncharted, latest tomb raider and Jedi fallen order from the ps plus- great service. Like that style of game.

“Roll it back”

So I've been spending my time not playing a AAA game that's free on Now nor the new PS5 game I bought, I've gone back to Hollow Knight. And I'm enjoying it this time around, because I'm slightly cheating by following a suggested path. I'm not spoiling areas, just which way to go once I've picked up the latest ability/whatever. With a bit more direction, I'm already further than I was when I first played it, and I don't find it as annoying, as I'm not trying to kill things I'm not yet upgraded to kill! I think I'm about 2/3rds of the way through, and will hopefully be able to finish it, but I accidentally encountered Flukemarm and got utterly overcrowded and killed easily. Thankfully, it's optional so whew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Been in a bit of game funk but resident evil village is lots of fun and continues the blend of FPS and classic resi puzzle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Bought Far Cry 5 over the weekend on sale for a tenner. About 8 hours in and enjoying it well enough. IIRC it got alot of hate when it came out first but I've never played a FC game really so maybe that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

After a strong start it gets extremely repetitive, the first 30% of the game is by far the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

Been playing Everybodys golf, nothing on the ps5 is really catching me at the moment and its weird everybodys golf is not that fast in loading, I wonder if its always online.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I bought and started playing it a few weeks ago, but had to give up. The gameplay itself is fine, but I hate the presentation of it. Having to hear about how the person you're challenging is also a wrestler and boy does he hate that we're not using the mega cups, then after we both fist pump and play the game, you have to go through about 6 screens of how many points you got etc where your character jumps in cheer at the end of each one. Plus in the free-roam, half the people you talk to just say things like "Hey did you know that hitting the ball harder makes it go further?"

It just felt so constant and annoying. I might go back to it when I'm in a better temperament. The loading times were okay when considered it's still mostly limited to its PS4 loading. Not sure how much playing on PS5 makes a difference. I think it is always online even playing in Single Player though.

Think I'm nearing the 'end' of Hollow Knight. I believe I only have 1 more mandatory boss to go, but I could be completely wrong. I'm collecting the 3 Dreamers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Would love to play this fresh again. I really enjoyed this. Got a bad reception on launch. But think it was much better than people gave it credit for. Still looks stunning today. Game is incredibly short but I don't think its a big deal. As games these days just drag on I find. So a short quality game can be welcome at times. Don't need every game to be a 40 hour epic.

I meant to reply to this comment last week , I have to agree . Maybe it's fact I only finished 2016 a few months ago and loved it but I felt story , guns and characters were better in 2016 game . I felt rift apart apart was over sold to me to a degree . Better game mechanically but u just came out and felt it was a 7/10 where as 2016 when I played it in April was a 8.5or 9 /10

Bought this on sale on psn for like €9 last night on your recommendation . Looking for more of that time period in London after how much I loved the order 1886.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah but Rift Apart didn't have boss battles where you have to keep flying around meaning most of your weapons become completely useless and you run out of ammo of the ones that do work, so Rift Apart definitely wins for me.

I also do like that the buzz blades weren't as powerful, because it made me less reliant on them. Nearly all the weapons felt viable most of the time, something I never really found with 2016.

I wouldnt say there's a huge gulf in quality between the games regardless. A case can definitely be made for each one. Rift Apart does win out for me though. I had some frustrations with 2016 but almost none with RA (bar trying to get some of the collectibles).

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Started A Plague Tale a few days ago, its a "fail, try again, succeed, and then repeat at the next challenge" kind of game...

I'll carry on with it as I have nothing else to play on the PS5 at the moment

Rift apart was easier too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Those are the only 2 R&C games I have played, and I played them fairly close together on PS5. Rift Apart is by far the superior game IMO. The combat, side content, traversal and story were all far better, and don't get me started on the graphics. Ray tracing at 60 fps on a console still seems like voodoo to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Liam2590

was thinking of giving this a go on ps plus, does it get a bit repetitive after a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Its a distraction if you have nothing else, but it is definitely a one off for me, I'll complete and not look at it again. The storyline stops it being too repetitive but the "puzzles" or challenges, are simply repeat and repeat until you have them done.

I picked up a G29 the weekend and been stuck to playing GRiD, GT Sport and The Crew 2. Completely different games with a wheel!

I found the opposite. I enjoyed the first playthrough, but I couldn't bring myself to go through it again but with annoying mini games, less combat and a slightly different side to the same things. I saw it on Now and thought I might give it a go, as I haven't played it since release.

Advertisement