Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm 8 years behind in my backlog... just about to complete Wolfenstein The New Order on PS4 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Picked up Hitman in the PS sale. It’s fun working out the different ways to perform the assassinations, but I was very surprised at the length of the campaign. I know a few other missions were added subsequently, but they’re all in the same locations as the base game so it just feels like the same mission with slightly different circumstances. It’s a fun game, but not sure if I would have been happy to pay full price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

plodding along with final fantasy remake, I really need a good session with it , playing it piecemeal really doesnt do it any favours but still loving the nostalgia. Cant say I would be as enthusiastic had I not of played the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Finished this today, the best game I've played so far on PS5. Looking forward to getting stuck into the DLC in the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

i know i'm late to party but demon souls is unreal . my first souls game iv stuck with . so hyped for elden ring now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,801 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gone Home is my 4th favourite games of all time. It's mad different of an experience people can have with it though. If it's for you, it will be an absolute treat. If not, you won't have invested too much time before finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Enjoy! It can be a frustrating experience in places, but overall it's just such a tremendous game. So special, and looks and sounds sublime too (even if people say it lost some of its charms by being so polished compared to the original).

Curious, what's the issue with trophies blemishing the account? Is it a blemish in your eyes, or something you think others may see?

My only aim in a game is to complete it if I can, don't really care about trophies, but is getting every trophy also something people strive for in order for a game to be considered complete?

Don't think I'd ever get through my backlog if I stuck to that.

I have a friend who insists on getting the platinum in every game he plays, its insane carry on (in my opinion of course). I just don't see the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

its nice in some ways to get platinum, but some of them require a ridiculous amount of grinding that just makes the game a chore. I’d much rather just enjoy the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started Miles Morales on PS5.

For anyone else who's played this, is there any way to stop the venom electricity making cutscenes blurry at times? Apart from trying to expel the energy before a cutscene.

Noticed it in

The Roxxon power plant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

That's pretty bad, must eat up all of his free time. Could be worse though, I once knew someone that would buy hello kitty and Miley Cyrus games meant for young children just so he could get the achievements - which he referred to as 'cheevos'.

Thinking I might drop Days Gone. I'm at the third camp (Iron Mike's) and have done a few missions there, cleared a few infestations etc in that area. But was talking to a friend who also says there's another two camps and new area to go. Most of my side missions (ripper camps, ambush camps, infestations etc) are also in the 30-40% complete kind of range. I'm just not really feeling it.

The game is good, no doubt about it. It looks and plays very well. The story and performances are pretty solid. But it just constantly feels like a lot of work for very little progression. There's very little in the game that's compelling me to go further, or to explore more. The game plays well, but I also think it's a bit simplistic, and so long as you remember to stock up on suppressors between missions, it's very easy to just stealth kill & headshot through pretty much every area, whether human or freaker enemies.

I get that I could skip ambush camps, infestations etc, but being ambushed while riding in particular f*cks me the f*ck off. And I end up going into infested areas during missions anyway so makes sense to knock them out.

I can see why the game is somewhat divisive, and having played for between 15-20 hours, I'd side on "It's good, but not great". Worth playing if you like those kinds of games, but lower your expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I loved Days Gone, played it on the the PS4 and then the PS5 ad will probably give it another spin at some stage. I did find some elements a hindrance at the start but then they just weren't, for me anyway. Never really used the suppressors though, was more gung ho it it came to it 🤣

On the trophies thing I don't really get it either, if you don't like it don't play it, don't see what getting a platinum achieves other than prolonging your lack of enjoyment.

That said, I started recently trying to get platinum in Souls games, Platinumed Bloodborne so far and currently have one trophy to get for DS3, it's a forking grind as someone has said, the last one especially!

Gave Deathloop a proper go yesterday as I needed a break from the grind, it's still just okay but still really at the start after a few hours in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Right where you are is the point where the game starts to get more interesting. Just do the bandit camps that are directly in your way. The final area is fairly self-contained so there's even less of a need to do the side content, also the 4th camp is only about 3 or 4 missions before you move onto the 5th and final one.

In what way does it get interesting though? I get that the hordes are probably one of the main focal points of the later stages of the game, but I'm not sure if I want to play another 10 hours of the game as it is just to get to that point.

Edit: Going by this list, I'm at about the 10th mission in Lost Lake Region (Flow Like Buried Rivers)

https://www.powerpyx.com/days-gone-full-walkthrough-all-story-missions/

Post edited by Penn on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Was looking for something to play with my 10yr old and stumbled across Earth Defence Force 4 in my library.

Have laughed our asses off at the ridiculously fun gameplay and cheese. Highly recommend for couch coop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Re-reading Lord of the Rings, and it's motivated me to finally actually play Shadow of War. I loved Shadow of Mordor, but could never get into SoW - this is the 3rd time I've tried so hopefully it will work out.

I wasn't trying to be offensive, I was simply wondering what the drive was to complete the trophies bit... purely from a curiosity standpoint.

I know for myself it's something I'd find a chore.. but is it for yourself to feel the game is fully completed rather than just finishing the story? Or is it a gaming community thing where you want to display the trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

No one was dictating anything, they were giving their opinion, bit like you like to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

While I did enjoy Days Gone (I'm generally a sucker for open world games that you can take at your own pace), I definitely agree that if you're not into it after a few hours, drop it. It doesn't get better than the first few hours (bar perhaps dealing with hordes which can be tense) but I did enjoy the overall story (warts and all) and that made me stick with it (though I will say the final act did drag on a bit)

This for me too, I finished spiderman the other day. I've zero interest in going looking for backpacks etc to get a platinum trophy. The storyline and gameplay was incredible, that's enough for me.

Did another 3+ hours of Days Gone to give it another chance, but no. I'm done.

There is a great game in there, but it just feels like a drain of time for far too long with very little progression, and there are far too many things that p*ss me off about the game that just means I don't care if there's hordes and zombears and stuff I haven't discovered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I actually found the webswinging so much fun in that game that I got the platinum as I finished the game, thats exactly the right kind of open world for me, where you can swing like a manic and cover ground ridiculously fast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,347 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got Returnal there for the PS5. It’s bastard hard

Advertisement