Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Fantastic game. Tough as f*ck for the first while, but just remember you are still levelling up in the background and you will get some permanent upgrades which will help throughout. The more you get used to the game and enemies too, the game is still never easy, but it becomes a lot more manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Got it takes two after it won some end of year awards. Fantastic game have not had as much fun playing a game in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

i need to get back to that . playing demon souls at mo so one hard game enough at a time !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

I gave Ghostrunner a spin on PSNow recently. That was ridiculously hard to the point where I just couldn’t enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Excellent game, myself and my wife played through it a couple of months ago.

• Advertisement

Started Outer Wilds last night. Definitely an interesting game. Controls can suck and the framerate seems atrocious (though maybe we've been spoiled the last few years that less than 60fps is awful). But the game certainly has a charm and a fascinating hook to it. Looking forward to delving in further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Might give it a go myself, got a notification that it's on sale again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Mostly playing campaign mode in Gran Turismo Sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Holy crap! Platinum trophy for longest post ever! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭nedd

Sometimes I think if that guy has so much to say he should start a blog or something. I just keep scrolling past those long posts.

Getting deeper into Outer Wilds. Learning a lot. Learnt about the different planets. Learnt about how to manipulate things in the environment. Learnt the history of older civilisations. Learnt how to navigate better.

Something I haven't learned? How to land properly. A few of my runs have been.... quite short.... 😂

I sincerely apologise for assuming you are a guy. I have no negative feelings to any gender or orientation and I teach the same to my children.

Let me try and get this thread back on track.

Having never played the original trilogy, I started Mass Effect Legendary Edition last night (signed up to EA Play for €4 for 3 months).

So far so good, looking forward to getting stuck into the trilogy if I can find the time. I did play some of Andromeda and liked it but found it very boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

Slogging through final fantasy 7, if it wasn't for nostalgia I'd have turned it off long ago just finding it tedious and the constant chatter is annoying especially during the fighting.

Does look great though

After completing Outer Wilds, I decided to go back to Days Gone and just power through the main missions. Have to give it up again. Everything I hated about the game somehow got worse in the last area, and I just can't put up with it any more.

I tried, I really did, because there is a really good game in there. But f*ck me there's so much bullsh*t piled on top of it. It's so bloated with unnecessary steps and awful design decisions throughout the game. Too many missions, and too many of those missions have too many sections, which isn't always the worst thing but when the gameplay is so static throughout it becomes very bland. There's at least one camp too many given that your credits and trust are individual to each camp, making unlocking upgrades and new weapons much slower than it should be. Animal enemies become an incredible pain in the hole, especially the last area where there's cougars and f*cking birds started attacking me (literally the point I quit the game because I can't be f*cked dealing with that sh*t). Ambushes are never challenging, fun or interesting and again are nothing but a pain in the hole and needless filler, especially as they most often happen while listening to someone talk to you over the radio, and they keep talking while you're fighting. And speaking of people talking to you over the radio, SHUT THE F*CK UP FOR ONE GODDAMN SECOND!!! Characters will have a conversation with you over the radio, hang up, and then immediately radio you again to discuss something else. And at one point during a mission I picked up a Nero checkpoint upgrade, and I had a Nero recording, someone radioing me about bullsh*t, and Deacon talking to himself about the upgrade all playing over each other at the same time. And a few minutes later I died a few times to wolves in a cave, and each time it reloaded I had to hear the same radio conversation again, even though I'd already heard the full conversation even before I got to that checkpoint.

It's a really disappointing game on the whole. Good core gameplay, but everything else is just taken 2 or 3 steps too far.

Well done on getting the Platinum in Outer Wilds. I was about 10 hours in before my first trophy popped and I think by the end I still only got maybe 3 2 trophies (just checked).

Post edited by Penn on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭Wossack

Playing Witcher 3 at the moment. Had a gra for it following the Netflix series.

Never finished it previously, despite 3 attempts to do so, over various platforms. But gone furthest so far - I think nearly done wrapping up the main quest. Not sure Ill go straight into the two addons, as feeling a bit of burnout..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I think the add ons are very good in fairness, for what that's worth.

Started The Forgotten City. Loving it so far, very intriguing and well written. Had only seen a short trailer for it before so going in fairly blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Never played uncharted having been an xbox guy for years. Have it on the ps now collection with my ps5 but yet to play. Is it worth forking out the 50e to get the ps5 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just finished Miles Morales earlier today, I definitely preferred spiderman remastered. On to ratchet and clank next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Cotts72

So keep my money for dying light 2 and play the ps4 version 😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Finished re-playing the original Uncharted trilogy, or most of it. I couldn't bring myself to finish Uncharted 1 - the wave after wave of enemies was just as tedious as I remember. 2 and 3 are still great but even at the time I found the AI in both very annoying and the controls a bit janky in places and that's still the case.

For anyone new to the series, I wouldn't entirely agree that you should start at the beginning. Each of the games are fairly self-contained adventures. While it helps to know the history of the characters I don't think it's essential, however 4 should definitely be played before Lost Legacy.

Advertisement