Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,806 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished the main quest of Dismantle recently, finally get to play something else but i just can't let it go. Still pottering around the world doing whatever's left. Easy GOTY candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

Been playing Greedfall lately. Its a good game to just pick up and put an hour or so into. Can't say I'm particularly invested in the story though so not sure if I'd be too interested in the sequel when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think enough time has passed that I can go back to Valhalla. I was going to finish it off on PS5, but none of my trophies synced and it was annoying me. I reloaded this weekend, and about 95% did sync, and those 5% are ones I can do any time, so I think I'll start on the DLC. I've done the main story, so off to Dublin now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think Valhalla is coming with the new PS+ so I'll give it another go then.

Edit: Forgot to add, played a bit of Fifa 22. Why are soccer games so complicated now? I don't even know how to aim when shooting so most goals are flukes. Seems each button has 4 different ways of being pressed. And defending is a joke, they waltz past me. It's just not fun.

Post edited by Potential-Monke on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Haven't played a soccer game in donkeys years but World Cup 98 on the PS was pinnacle for. Playing against my brother, set the ref to blind, unlimited substitutions, 20 minutes a half. By the end of the game literally every player except the goalies (usually) were injured. Keeper would get the ball in his own box and go on a mazey run and try to score whilst running past limping opponents. Good time's.🤣

• Advertisement

Road to World Cup 98 was amazing. Best indoor, loads of config, it ruined me for all football games since!

Picked up Kena Bridge of Spirits. I'm liking it. Beautiful game, and you could look at it two ways, a lovely game about recovering lost spirits and everything happy, or youre recovering lost spirits of people who got murdered by something. The reports of sudden difficulty spikes with bosses is true, but far more manageable because you're controlling someone who can move, not a lumbering meat sack.

Not sure if I'm much left, feel like I'm nearing the end but not sure. I want a lot more though. Going by the upgrades I have, not too much left but I could be surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Set-pieces aside, I've been using the same buttons, tactics, moves, and methods in Fifa 22 that I did in every Fifa game since 99. You can select Classic control scheme in the menu. There are different ways to do various skill moves and more advanced moves, but for the most part I've never bothered with them.

The set-pieces can get stupidly over-complicated though, and it's usually a flip of a coin as to whether it's at least on-target, or about to hit an aul' granny sitting in Row 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Took out the PSVR headset and played some Danger Ball.

Owww my neck! My neck!

I suppose its because I'm not used to it. I'm playing semi-pro career, and getting hat tricks in every game. Up to pro and I can't hold onto the ball, someone gets near me and it magically gets taken away.

The graphics are... alright. First cup win early on in career, and yer man's hands weren't even on the cup handles. Celebrations, I see lads celebrating like they got a winning goal, but it was their 1st in the 85th minute to go 4-1. Lads doing gymnastics instead of tackling. Players literally looking at the ball as it rolls past them, moving away from it, because they're not the player thr computer wants to touch the ball... its shocking really.

I don't get the love of these games. Suppose its all about that FUT crap. Fools and their money... bring on Jine 23rd so I can get back to NBA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Sunk deep into Sniper Elite 5. What a game, all the best bits from the previous 4 incarnations (despite the vehicles being tougher) in one game. The size is unreal, the variety of attack is so great, really recommend it

Waiting on my copy to arrive from Smyths. One of my favourite franchises, nothing ground breaking but tremendous fun.

I think I'll give Resident Evil 2 and 3 another whirl, with the PS5 updates being released yesterday. I might even give VII a go after, having just finished VIII recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Downloaded Red Dead Redemption 2 yesterday as part of the new PS+, played it a small bit on release but never got stuck into it. Loving it again so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I’ve been working through the Wipeout HD stages in Omega collection. On the 7th of 8 now and thing are occasionally tricky. Seeing many tournaments now, thankfully only 1 with 8 courses!

Mad they’re all worth the same points.

Shadow Warrior 3 from PS +. Had played the previous two titles a few years ago and enjoyed them. It is mental, think new Doom crossed with Yakuza and Ghost of Tshushima, frenetic as hell and Wang is a brilliant character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm 4 years behind most, but finally started God of War. Looks absolutely stunning, better than most native PS5 games. Gameplay so far is spot on, not quite sure why I waited so long but think I'm going to really enjoy this :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's one of those games I wish I could wipe my memory so I could experience it again for the first time, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭KH25

I've been playing Final Fantasy X for the last while. Haven't played it since it was originally released and its still a fun game, but I forgot how much of a grind it is. Won't be going for platinum for this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Good call.. gotta start that myself... and GTA V someday :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I enjoyed this game for a while, as you said Wang is an excellent character. The problem is that all the main action takes place in arena battles, the game consists of arena, some platforming, arena, more platforming, arena etc. It gets boring by the midway point.

Agree 100% and funnily enough Ive moved on to something else. Got about halfway through the game then had enough of those drill fuckers. Will go back at some point to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I upgraded my ps plus subscription yesterday and rather than jump into something bigger I gave The Artful Escape a go.

What an experience it is, only 3-4 hours of gameplay but it is absolutely stunning visually and the music is even better. I would highly recommend going in oblivious to what it is about and wear headphones while playing.

I liked it so much, I even made sure I got the platinum trophy on it. It's very hard to pigeon hole what style of game it is but as I said, very much recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Finally gave the Outer Wilds a try the other day, turned it off within an hour. I'm sure it's brilliant but along with the low framerate (I've finally been spoiled by 60fps and its hard to go back) I just couldn't muster any interest in it.

Same thing happened with Cyberpunk last night. Really looking forward to finally getting stuck in but I couldn't engage with it.

Have a feeling it's a case of burnout from gaming over the years. Always end up going back to something like Gran Turismo or FIFA which feels like time wasted gaming rather than a positive experience.

Anyone here ever dealt with something like that? I feel like a few months of a break is the only thing for it at this stage.

I kinda have that at the moment. For a good while now. I've found smaller indie games or AA games are what are doing it for me, Dysmantle, Subnautica, Tunic, Ori games, Dead Cells, Hades, Sifu and on. Also have Rocket League which I do spend a lot of time on, but I end up having a great time so not time wasted (and I solo in 3v3).

Didn't last long in Cyberpunk, Valhalla, Horizon FW. Granted, all big open world games, but I really enjoyed Immortals Fenyx Rising so don't think it's open world burnout.

Tried replaying Spiderman, the PS5 version, having not played and plat'd since launch, lasted a few hours. Just gotta keep trying different games, subs give us that much choice at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

I’ve had that for literally years with fifa and to some extent Cod. Ruining all the great experiences out there by just being what I describe as lazy or maybe even sort of procrastinating about jumping into a big time sink game and ending up just blindly walloping career mode in fifa. Suppose if it works it works but fairly unsatisfactory gaming. Just had to stop buying it and deleting it from hd. Well engaged in cyberpunk now 20 hours in.

I haven't had it as bad in years as I did when I finished Elden Ring. I just couldn't bring myself to play or enjoy anything. It was probably a combination of general burnout from having put so much time and effort into Elden Ring, but also everything I tried to play just wasn't nearly as good and didn't give me the same joy as I was getting from ER. I'm only recently starting to get back into playing some stuff again, but even then it's stuff that's easy to pick up and play or that I've played a bunch before, like Sonic Origins or the story mode of Mortal Kombat 11 (I bought a 2tb M2 ssd for the PS5 so downloaded a bunch of games I like dipping into regularly).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,806 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I get that time to time, kind of have it at the moment. Trying all the big AAA games on new PS Plus but I'm playing 30 minutes and uninstalling. Indie Deliver us the Moon is keeping me going at the moment. I was really enjoying cyberpunk but haven't gone back to it in a while. I have The Last Stop and Fire Pro Wrestling to try as well but yeah, seem to be getting more from Indies these days with AAA being boring/disappointing.

Started Saints Row 3 remastered. Holy hell it is great fun. Its basically a GTA clone yet I hate the GTA franchise. There is one of the early missions where you are the passenger in a car being pursued by masses of law enforcement and you have to hold them off using a rocket launcher, probably the best single mission I've ever done in a game of this type, I was grinning like a loon throughout.

• Advertisement

Playing through Cuphead again. Played most of it in maybe 2020 and beat most of the bosses bar Prof.F*ckhead's F*ckhead Robot thing. Just could never beat him, so ended up not finishing it.

Never downloaded my save file from PS4/cloud to the PS5, so just decided to start again. Got to Prof.F*ckead again. Beat him maybe 8th try. Maybe I'll end up finishing it this time. Will try the DLC after.

It's still a great game but with some absolute bullsh*t built into it in terms of enemy attacks and projectiles, where no matter how well signposted they are or how good you are at reading them, the wrong combination of rng attacks will just f*ck you over, and it's liable to happen at almost any moment.

Advertisement