Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What PlayStation games are you playing ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    Started playing RDR 2 last week but I'm struggling to enjoy it. The world and the characters are amazing but the gameplay feels like a chore. So I decided to put it to the end of my backlog and started Watch Dogs 2 instead.

Exactly how I felt about it. Got it at launch but couldn't get into it. Got god of war shortly afterwards, haven't touch rdr2

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Cienciano wrote: »
    Exactly how I felt about it. Got it at launch but couldn't get into it. Got god of war shortly afterwards, haven't touch rdr2

I got the platinum in God of War last week, I thought it was an amazing game.

I think going from the exciting gameplay of GoW to the sluggish gameplay of RDR2 is what made me feel like I was bored playing it. I was playing RDR2 in like 2-3 hour stints and when I switched it off, it felt like I got nothing done. In GTAV, it was grand telling the story by dialogue with NPCs when driving to your destination because you were weaving in and out of traffic, etc. In RDR2, you're just riding a horse along a country path listening to the conversation and doing nothing exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Finished Spider-man and got my first ever platinum trophy last night. Was planning on getting ea access next, but re-playing it immediately as a new game +. Fab game, definitely best I've played on ps4. Great story, the side missions are entertaining, never felt like a slog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Spider-Man is literally my only platinum trophy too.

From the DLC I've completed The Heist, I still have Turf Wars and Silver Lining to play.

Haven't played it in months though. Might play it later, such a great game and nothing feels like a chore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Playing sniper elite 4 enjoying it a lot best psn game in ages!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Horizon Zero Dawn.

What a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Used my 25% off code and got the Spyro/Crash bundle for €30, such a steal I had to. Started Spyro last night, first game, and it's blowing me away by how well they've made it look. Doesn't feel like an old game at all, and still has all the charm of the originals. I can see myself going for the Plat on these.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Playing Bully on PS4 after people were talking about it on the Gaming forum. Said I'd give it another shot as I never got too far into it the previous times I tried playing it. Further in now than I ever got before. It's okay. Still don't think it's anything particularly fantastic and there are a good few things that annoy me, but I'm probably enjoying it more than I had the previous times too, mainly because I'm just powering through it.

Spyro 1: Platinum. Easy enough, so now i'm intent on Plat'ing all 3. Not sure about Crash though, don't know if the trophies are hard due to the annoyance of the controls in the first one. But NMS VR is out tomorrow, that could put a stop to everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Spyro 1: Platinum. Easy enough, so now i'm intent on Plat'ing all 3. Not sure about Crash though, don't know if the trophies are hard due to the annoyance of the controls in the first one. But NMS VR is out tomorrow, that could put a stop to everything else.

I found it a pain in the hoop as time trials are tied to the platinum. Gave up on them to be honest.

• Advertisement

I found it a pain in the hoop as time trials are tied to the platinum. Gave up on them to be honest.

Ah, see, that's where I could fall flat. Especially in the first one, renowned to be annoying due to bad platforming, and I can't see myself struggling through with with the slew of games coming out soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Playing Metro Exodus and got the Damir bug near the end of the Caspian chapter and it's pissed me off no end. The game really isn't a patch on the other two. Ironically, it could do with a patch or two. The load times are excruciating as well. Real disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,576 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, see, that's where I could fall flat. Especially in the first one, renowned to be annoying due to bad platforming, and I can't see myself struggling through with with the slew of games coming out soon!

I got the platinum for all three Crash games. Can definitely be torturous, especially with certain levels in Crash 1 (the bridge levels, the ruins levels which are really long so easier to make a run-ending mistake on). That said, I enjoyed going for the platinums and once you do get into a decent rhythm the majority of relics will be gotten within the first few tries. Most times you'll get the gold/platinum relic even just by making it to the end as you'll know (or fail/die) while going through it. Crash 2 & 3 aren't that much easier though, as a good few long enough levels and Crash having more skills means they can be required to get more of the 2 or 3 second boxes or make proper time-saving jumps.

But at the same time, I had f*ck all else to play at the time and was still really enjoying playing the game (and had blown through the game/gems too quickly), so it just gave me something to keep aiming towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Wolfenstein young blood - love the first and second game, this however is so far a let down. The lack of save option is infuriating, spend an hour, die, back to the start, it's become a game I'll only play if I have time.

Uncharted 3 - only near the start but a joy of spectacle, characters and puzzles

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭peter4918

Finally got around to finishing The Last of Us remastered and the DLC Left Behind. What a great experience, Hopefully TLOU2 will be our this year.

My playtime is limited these days so I have The Witcher 3, God of War and Resident Evil 2 waiting to played.

Which one should I tackle next?

Having a blast on the Modern Warfare 2v2 Alpha!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

peter4918 wrote: »
    Finally got around to finishing The Last of Us remastered and the DLC Left Behind. What a great experience, Hopefully TLOU2 will be our this year.

My playtime is limited these days so I have The Witcher 3, God of War and Resident Evil 2 waiting to played.

The Last of Us is worth playing just so you can then play Left Behind, such a good story!

Just finished God of War, loved it, maybe start with since it's a lot shorter than the Witcher 3, which is also a great game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Greyfox

peter4918 wrote: »

I'd say RE2, it definitely has the same intensity level as trying to kill a clicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Anyone getting Wreckfest? looks like a modern Destruction Derby (finally!).

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Anyone getting Wreckfest? looks like a modern Destruction Derby (finally!).

Picked up my copy today, but won't get to play it until tonight. Really looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

No local multiplayer on it. Really disappointed. Should have done my research.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,987 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Had the Uncharted Nathan Drake collection installed and decided to play through the 3 games as I could only ever recall playing the first one on the PS3. Just finished the third game the other night so am looking for something else to play. I was given a lend of Red Dead Redemption II and started playing it last night but fecking hell the noise from the disc drive is insane. Why does it need to keep working once you're already playing the game? I'd consider giving it back to my colleague and just buying it digitally but with around 120 games in my library I should probably install something else first.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Some games make my Pro sound like a rocket taking off. RDR2, HZD and GoW spring to mind. It's not that it goes on for very long but when it does it's all I can hear.

Have you played Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy? Unless you are done with Uncharted for now, that's a lot of Nolan North Nathan Drake.

Horizon Zero Dawn or God of War would be my main 2 games to recommend on PS4, and The Witcher 3. Assassins Creed Odyssey is a huge game, and extremely impressive to me. Unlike the previous games, until well into your leveling up, it plays more like a full on RPG than a sneaky sneaky AC game, but later on you can edit your build and turn yourself into a master assassin, one shotting everything. Oh, and they have the amazing and simple addition of making any weapon or armor you own look like any other weapon/armor you've unlocked. Such a simple inclusion but it has a fantastic effect.

Regarding the fans spinning, it happens mainly in menus for me! But I'm confident it's the positioning that causes a lot of it. While I give it as much room as I can, the heat coming out is hopping off a wall and back onto the console, causing its fans to spin louder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Started into Metal Gear Solid on the PS Classic last night.... intending just to play for an hour. 4 hours later I'm still hooked!

It's hilarious at some points (naked soldier with his blurred out arse in the air. Wtf?!?), but really has superb gameplay that stands up today.

I'm on Normal difficulty but it's hard as nails by today's standards of hand-holding.

I still don't see why people thought the PS Classic was a rip-off, I'm getting great value out of it, having completed Res Evil on it last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭ronano

Playing rage 2, it doesn't do anything exceptional but is still an entertaining game if not repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Detroit: Become Human - time to see what all the fuss is about

ronano wrote: »
    Playing rage 2, it doesn't do anything exceptional but is still an entertaining game if not repetitive

Definitely repetitive, and that's why I gave up on it. It has loads of potential, but it's still empty.

Picked up Unepic for €3.80 over the weekend. I'm not normally a fan of pixel based games, but this is hooking me something fierce. Great little game, funny enough, challenging enough (although I'd imagine it's extremely frustrating at higher difficulties). Loads of nice nerd references in there too, from games to films and all inbetween. For less than €4, I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Starting Last of Us for the first time tonight. Embarrassing to say I bought it on PS Store couple of years ago and never played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Started Playing Arkham Origins on PS Now the last few nights really enjoyed took up the 7 day trial and it has been well worth it so far

Advertisement