Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car damaged at Aldi Knocknacarra

Options
  • 29-06-2018 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My wife's black Honda Jazz was hit yesterday around 5:30pm in the car park of Aldi Knocknacarra. It was parked and she was in the shop.

The rear bumper was hit on the driver side. It was pulled out a bit. It's dented and quite scratched. It looks like it might have been hit when someone was parking alongside the car or pulling out.

No note left, no one has reported anything to the staff in Aldi. There's no CCTV there. She reported it to the guards.

Just posting here on the off chance that someone here saw it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

That sucks and disappointing ALDI don't have some of their own cheap CCTV cameras in use for their car park.

Happened to me once in Clybaun stores. If it hadn't been for witnesses she would have gotten away with it as she hit the passenger side of the car and I mightn't have noticed! Luckily snapped a photo of plate, called guards, who went to her house and told her she had to deal with me. Tried to resist the entire time and blame me for how I parked. Ultimately she begrudgingly paid 500 quid to avoid insurance claim which I felt she really deserved in a sense to teach her a lesson about hit and run. Could have been any of my friend's gran to look at her. You never know who Galway's criminal masterminds look like. Good luck, but I'd say you're probably stuck between losing your no claims and sucking it up. One point is to freely talk to your insurance. It's tempting to keep them out of the loop for fear of your own no-claims but they can actually offer good advice and just talking won't affect your policy.

Hope someone else has a more positive / helpful response.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

It’s just not worth it for companies like Aldi, Dunnes, or anyone providing free parking to provide CCTV footage to anyone who claims their car was damaged in their car park. I’ve been accosted by someone who claimed I hit their car simply because I had parked next to them - I hadn’t hit them. The disclaimer signs in the car parks (“cars parked at owners risk...”) means that they don’t have to deal with these daily claims.

Advertisement