Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car won't start - left in Irish Estates.

• 29-06-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My wife was collecting the kids from Scoil Ide, and it seems like the car just wouldn't start (never happened before).

I don't think it is causing an obstruction or anything, as it would just be parked by the side of the road.

If I can't get it started myself, is it the better option to get it transported to a garage or have somebody come and take a look at it where it is, or indeed, are there any other options.

Some passerby already had a listen and says it doesn't sound like the battery, unfortunately.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Do you have breakdown cover under your insurance policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

i'd bring some jumps leads and try to start it. but if you have breakdown assistance then call your insurance company and they will send out someone to tow it to a garage of your choosing (usually within 15km of where you broke down).

next option would be ring your local garage and ask them to go out and tow it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yeah, it was just a battery issue and got it sorted earlier on, thanks all.

Advertisement