Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Sent Regular Mobile SIM instead of Mobile Broadband SIM

Options
  • 29-06-2018 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I requested a SIM from you guys online (as going to a store is a huge inconvenience). I received the SIM and I got €30 credit so I could purchase the 30 Day Extra mobile broadband deal for prepay mobile broadband. I then text 50104 with "30 Day Extra" and received a reply to say "The tariff plan you are subscribed to does not allow you to avail of this offer".

On online chat, i got the following reply "I have check and see that it a normal prepay sim, its not the mobile broadband sim, due to which you are unable to get the mobile broadband plan on your number." I specifically requested this SIM under the mobile broadband section of the site, and I've topped it up with €30, and now I am not even able to use it for what I wanted it for. 

I am down €30, I have NO broadband, and I want this resolved ASAP. I should NOT have to visit my nearest Eir store, that is the whole point of having all of this stuff online. GIVE ME BACK MY €30 OR PROVIDE ME WITH THE SERVICE I REQUESTED PLEASE.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Hi,

I requested a SIM from you guys online (as going to a store is a huge inconvenience). I received the SIM and I got €30 credit so I could purchase the 30 Day Extra mobile broadband deal for prepay mobile broadband. I then text 50104 with "30 Day Extra" and received a reply to say "The tariff plan you are subscribed to does not allow you to avail of this offer".

On online chat, i got the following reply "I have check and see that it a normal prepay sim, its not the mobile broadband sim, due to which you are unable to get the mobile broadband plan on your number." I specifically requested this SIM under the mobile broadband section of the site, and I've topped it up with €30, and now I am not even able to use it for what I wanted it for. 

I am down €30, I have NO broadband, and I want this resolved ASAP. I should NOT have to visit my nearest Eir store, that is the whole point of having all of this stuff online. GIVE ME BACK MY €30 OR PROVIDE ME WITH THE SERVICE I REQUESTED PLEASE.
    Hi reap-a-rat ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you go to a store and explain what has happened, you can get a mobile broadband sim. Once you have the sim I can look into activating the correct plan for you.

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Hi,

Hi reap-a-rat ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you go to a store and explain what has happened, you can get a mobile broadband sim. Once you have the sim I can look into activating the correct plan for you.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas. 

If I get a new sim will I be able to transfer the €30 credit to it?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi,

Hi reap-a-rat ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi Thomas. 

If I get a new sim will I be able to transfer the €30 credit to it?

Thanks.
    I will transfer it on your behalf.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement