Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile broadband upgrade to fibre?

Options
  • 29-06-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have signed up for Eir mobile broadband 6 months contract (30 EUR/month) few weeks ago and have few questions.
    1. I have just received an email with title "Your new air bill explained", but can't see bill itself on my.eir.ie In fact it says "Your first bill for this account hasn't been issued yet.". It was saying before:
     "Your first bill will be issued on: 26 Jun 2018", 
    but now says the same thing, but with another date:
     "Your first bill will be issued on: 26 Jul 2018"

And nothing else has changed.

2. By using the service I have realised that quality and speed itself is good enough for me, but 50G might not be enough. Can you upgrade my plan free to the fibre one? I see there is promotion plan on your website for 12 months (35 EUR/month with discount included). I would choose it. In fact I don't really need "fibre speed", 4G/LTE is good enough for me, but want unlimited traffic, or at least something bigger than 50G.

In fact, I firstly decided to use Vodafone fibre and signed up for it... but after few days engineers said that there is no fibre in my house and they can't provide me such service and cancelled the contract. I didn't try it with Eir, though that there is no "fibre" in my house, but can I misunderstood it? I can share my address with you in private messages (together with account number). On eir.ie it says that for my address it can give 70 MBps, which is more than enough. But, I am repeating, I don't require fibre, I require any broadband with speed comparable to current LTE, but with more flexible traffic options.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

pkozlov wrote: »
    I have signed up for Eir mobile broadband 6 months contract (30 EUR/month) few weeks ago and have few questions.
    1. I have just received an email with title "Your new air bill explained", but can't see bill itself on my.eir.ie In fact it says "Your first bill for this account hasn't been issued yet.". It was saying before:
     "Your first bill will be issued on: 26 Jun 2018", 
    but now says the same thing, but with another date:
     "Your first bill will be issued on: 26 Jul 2018"

And nothing else has changed.

2. By using the service I have realised that quality and speed itself is good enough for me, but 50G might not be enough. Can you upgrade my plan free to the fibre one? I see there is promotion plan on your website for 12 months (35 EUR/month with discount included). I would choose it. In fact I don't really need "fibre speed", 4G/LTE is good enough for me, but want unlimited traffic, or at least something bigger than 50G.

In fact, I firstly decided to use Vodafone fibre and signed up for it... but after few days engineers said that there is no fibre in my house and they can't provide me such service and cancelled the contract. I didn't try it with Eir, though that there is no "fibre" in my house, but can I misunderstood it? I can share my address with you in private messages (together with account number). On eir.ie it says that for my address it can give 70 MBps, which is more than enough. But, I am repeating, I don't require fibre, I require any broadband with speed comparable to current LTE, but with more flexible traffic options.
    Hi pkozlov ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement