Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a student account - Several Queries

Options
  • 29-06-2018 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hey, so I am starting a PhD programme in September in Queens and need to set up a bank account in Northern Ireland first. After looking at the available options I feel like I would like to set up an account with Bank of Ireland, but before I could do so, I have a few questions about what is offered. 

Firstly, I assume that it is the Student account I am looking to set up rather than the graduate account. However in the description of the student account for Bank of Ireland UK, there is no mention of a VISA Debit card with the account. It seems like an odd omission as I thought it would be standard with most student accounts, though perhaps it is so standard that it's not worth mentioning. I just want to  make sure that comes with the account before setting it up. 

Secondly, I just want to make sure it would be possible to set up an account in Northern Ireland but provide an address in Monaghan, my current address. It's just that I don't have accommodation set up yet in Belfast but I would like to set up the account first and then change the address later.

Finally, I noticed that you have an online application facility which is, from what I can tell, quite unique to Bank of Ireland. This would actually make it really easy for me to set up the account as it would mean that I wouldn't have to go to the nearest branch, which would be in Armagh. I was just wondering at what stage in the process I would need to provide proof that I have been accepted to the PhD programme in the University.

Comments

Advertisement