Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Car Rental Price promise - Possible scam?

Options
  • 29-06-2018 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Ryanair have started offering car rental on their website with the promise that if you find it cheaper else where you will get the rental for free.

Challenge accepted. Having read terms and conditions I reserved a car and then decided to go to the car rental company directly and see. The price was a few euro cheaper, same category of car etc. So I filled out form took screen shot and submitted 5 minutes or so after placing the booking with Ryanair.

Today I receive an email back. Saying the following:
    Having reviewed your claim, we noticed that the documents were submitted after one hour and therefore your claim was rejected and we are unable to look into it further.

This is completely untrue. I've replied with the images attached which shows when the car was rented, and then my claim... clearly within 1 hour.

Anyway this "promise" is looking very scammy. Will be interested to see what they say back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Just to update.

After initially refusing the claim they have now accepted the claim so will refund me for the cost of the car hire.

Advertisement