Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art exhibition space in Dublin for independent artist

Options
  • 29-06-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello people,

I wonder if anyone could recommend me anything for my situation.
    I've been painting most of my life, however I'm not a professional artist (i.e. it was never my source of income). I have several decent paintings which I always wanted to showcase, and various people, including my friends, have been asking me to do an exhibition for a long time now.

I wouldn't be looking for any profits, this is just for the purpose of art itself.

What would be my options?
    So far, I've been looking at Mart galleries, but the prices are a bit out of limit.
    There are studios available as well for hire.

What do people like me do in such cases?
    I'd be willing to spend money at my cost for space I guess, but are there options available perhaps?
    Do independent artists maybe get together, and organise a shared exhibition? Or are there organisations, which may help with this?

Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,582 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I've seen art exhibitions hosted in the Red Stables buildings in St Anne's Park but probably a city centre location would get more people interested in art rather than out for a walk.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Would this be of any use to you. http://peoplesart.ie/

Advertisement